View Poll Results: Should psilocybin mushrooms be legalized for headache treatments?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 86.21%
  • No

    4 13.79%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

  1. #41
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

    The 'shroom high can be freaking intense.

    They grew in the pasture behind my house when I was a kid.

    They became quite the norm there for a while.

    I wouldn't, as a mature adult, ever do them again.

    Nor would I recommend them to anyone. There's better buzzes out there.

    But don't let me get in anyone's way.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #42
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    If you suffer from cluster or migraine headaches, you know real pain. Here's an article on treating this pain with psilocybin mushrooms aka "magic mushrooms." It's the same thing that was popular in the 60s and 70s for hallucinogenic trips, but they've been found useful for long-term relief of cluster and migraine headaches. Unfortunately, they're illegal. Here's an article about it:

    Entheology.org - Preserving Ancient Knowledge
    I think all psychedelics should be legal, period. I don't really give a **** if they treat headaches or not.

  3. #43
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    I think all psychedelics should be legal, period. I don't really give a **** if they treat headaches or not.
    In a perfect world, humanity wouldn't have to make things illegal to keep people from screwing themselves up.

    Ever notice that you have never seen a sign that says, "Illegal to urinate on electric fence?"

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #44
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    The 'shroom high can be freaking intense.

    They grew in the pasture behind my house when I was a kid.

    They became quite the norm there for a while.

    I wouldn't, as a mature adult, ever do them again.

    Nor would I recommend them to anyone. There's better buzzes out there.

    But don't let me get in anyone's way.
    As much as it may cause you to laugh your balls off, the Shroom needs to be treated with a great deal of respect. I dare say that even the Great Sig has experienced a bad Shroom trip due largely to lack of respect for its awesome potential. The psychologically less hardy would definitely have ended up in the crisis center (or worse) on this occasion. If psilocybin is legally commercialized (and I believe it should be), it must be regulated.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  5. #45
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    As much as it may cause you to laugh your balls off, the Shroom needs to be treated with a great deal of respect. I dare say that even the Great Sig has experienced a bad Shroom trip due largely to lack of respect for its awesome potential. The psychologically less hardy would definitely have ended up in the crisis center (or worse) on this occasion. If psilocybin is legally commercialized (and I believe it should be), it must be regulated.
    Exactly. Of all the trips, that is the one you will remember.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #46
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Exactly. Of all the trips, that is the one you will remember.
    Actually, some of the most meaningful and beautiful experiences in my entire life were under the influence of psilocybin. Just the same, the one bad trip I had was the most terrifying experience in my entire life. To this day, I feel that I am a spiritually stronger person for having passed through it, unassisted, with my mind and soul still intact.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  7. #47
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    06-27-12 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    1
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Psilocybin mushrooms be legalized as a headache treatment?

    [QUOTE=Sig;1060632573]As much as it may cause you to laugh your balls off, the Shroom needs to be treated with a great deal of respect. I dare say that even the Great Sig has experienced a bad Shroom trip due largely to lack of respect for its awesome potential. The psychologically less hardy would definitely have ended up in the crisis center (or worse) on this occasion. If psilocybin is legally commercialized (and I believe it should be), it must be regulated.[/QUOTE

    I havent used them for far to long. In California, we used them all the time, not really connected here. Definately one of my favorite things to do. Just so so so much fun

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •