View Poll Results: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 45.30%
  • No

    99 54.70%
Page 89 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1260

Thread: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

  1. #881
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I love how you're acting like taking control over property with the use of government is something you don't actually need to defend. Instead you assume its a good thing and then run from there with your argument. A really weird thing to see so many think the premise of makes sense.
    he supports economic statist vandalism-if he doesn't have what it takes to be prosperous, those who do should have their wealth looted

  2. #882
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Did you at least have coffee before you start your whining again LOL..

  3. #883
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    When the uber wealthy are not paying close to the percentage I am paying ... and able to hide millions ...no they are not paying their fair share.
    yeah that happens how many times? and if they are paying far more actual dollars than you do-you have no complaint. Because I guarantee you on LIKE INCOME they pay a higher rate than you do. HIDE Millions-that is not legal so quit whining.

  4. #884
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He lost that argument hay.
    Lost? That's odd, I thought it was just a discussion they were having - not a debate.


    Of course, I can see where you'd like to believe he 'lost' or that his opinion in this matter is somehow wrong but considering your history I'm more inclined to believe you've made some stuff up and are trying to peddle it as fact, again.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-20-12 at 09:13 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #885
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Perhaps Thomas Jefferson can answer your question
    If you want to support your progressive tax dreams with such authority remind me of who could vote under the government Jefferson helped establish. And if he actually supported that-why did you wealth stealers have to enact the 16th Amendment?

  6. #886
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He lost that argument hay.
    HE has a tendency to cite the dissenting opinion as controlling legal authority

  7. #887
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    HE has a tendency to cite the dissenting opinion as controlling legal authority
    Hate to tell ya this buddy...but your going to be paying more taxs, even if obama loses. The gop is not going to have both chambers and they just may lose the house

  8. #888
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If you want to support your progressive tax dreams with such authority remind me of who could vote under the government Jefferson helped establish. And if he actually supported that-why did you wealth stealers have to enact the 16th Amendment?
    The rich white people - which is the same reason the progressive tax didn't end up in the Constitution.

    It's also the same reason slavery wasn't outlawed by the Constitution.



    We have since corrected both mistakes.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-20-12 at 09:24 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  9. #889
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Hate to tell ya this buddy...but your going to be paying more taxs, even if obama loses. The gop is not going to have both chambers and they just may lose the house
    Regardless of which party wins, $16T+ in national debt can only be paid by more taxation, unless federal spending is cut by over 40% (highly unlikely).
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #890
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post

    And in the part you quoted is just his empty opinion. There is no reasonings there.
    So Jefferson did not engage in any intellectual process before he gave that opinion? That seems ridiculous on its face.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 89 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •