View Poll Results: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 45.30%
  • No

    99 54.70%
Page 87 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1260

Thread: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

  1. #861
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I guess whether that is accurate or not is irrelevant to you.
    Don't bother talking about "accuracy" to me. A lawyer of all people should know how words can be twisted.

    I prefer to be precise and to that end I've defined what I mean by slavery, which is involuntary labor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That isn't happening.
    Which "that" do you think "isn't happening"?
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-20-12 at 01:23 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #862
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I love how you're acting like taking control over property with the use of government is something you don't actually need to defend. Instead you assume its a good thing and then run from there with your argument. A really weird thing to see so many think the premise of makes sense.
    I find it amusing that minarchists actually believe their Fairyland can be a stable society.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #863
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    I've had enough of the soak the rich argument.

    How are we going to keep creating jobs if you raise our taxes?
    Because the more the Govt. takes and spends the more demand for jobs. Socking it away in hedge funds "creates" no jobs and it used to bid up commodities. So your "extra" money is also costng us all more in necessities like Gasoline or Coffee. It is unsustainable and the balance must be restored. You will see things improve whan the cuts for th etop bracket are allowed to expire.

  4. #864
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I find it amusing that minarchists actually believe their Fairyland can be a stable society.
    I find it amusing how little you understand about voluntary arrangements.

  5. #865
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I find it amusing how little you understand about voluntary arrangements.
    It's not voluntary if there are no other arrangements to be had.


    Where's the commons to provide an alternative?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #866
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I love how you're acting like taking control over property with the use of government is something you don't actually need to defend. Instead you assume its a good thing and then run from there with your argument. A really weird thing to see so many think the premise of makes sense.
    Well then you can probably show me when much more progressive tax rates of the '40s thru the '70s were found to be unconstitutional, can't you? I'll wait........
    Last edited by Catawba; 06-20-12 at 02:17 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #867
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    When the uber wealthy are not paying close to the percentage I am paying ... and able to hide millions ...no they are not paying their fair share.

  8. #868
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Well then you can probably show me when much more progressive tax rates of the '40s thru the '70s were found to be unconstitutional, can't you? I'll wait........
    That has what to do with my point?

  9. #869
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    When the uber wealthy are not paying close to the percentage I am paying ... and able to hide millions ...no they are not paying their fair share.
    When the uber are amassing wealth at a rate out of proportion to 90% there is a problem.

  10. #870
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    The middle class is generally skating. Gasoline taxes? Sales Taxes? Doesn't exactly make up 50% of my income.
    All in, we essentially have a flat tax. The majority of people pay 25-30% of income in taxes. (PS - no one pays 50%)

    Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?-taxes-paid-income-group2-jpg
    Last edited by upsideguy; 06-20-12 at 02:36 AM.

Page 87 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •