View Poll Results: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 45.30%
  • No

    99 54.70%
Page 86 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1260

Thread: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

  1. #851
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post


    That's a great one!!!
    its almost as good as the constant litany that raising taxes on the rich will decrease government deficits, create more jobs and keep the jobs we have in this country.

    in fact all that raising taxes on the rich does is slake the envy of those who are upset others are rich and provide a bogus argument for the dems to engage in even more vote buying spending

  2. #852
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    It's not voluntary, that's the whole point. When one is required to pick between Master A, Master B, or Master C and do what the Master wills it's still slavery.
    Isn't that what a job is?

  3. #853
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    being truthful is even more fundamental. you are lying since the rich pay income taxes on all their income while the working class do not. In fact half of the united states pays almost no or no federal income taxes
    You are lying again, the rich don't have pay full income tax rate on their income from capital gains, nor do they have to pay FICA taxes on their full income as does the working class.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #854
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You are lying again, the rich don't have pay full income tax rate on their income from capital gains, nor do they have to pay FICA taxes on their full income as does the working class.
    that is moronic. the rich pay the full rate that is applicable to investment income. You are unable to understand that the taxes on earned income use a different set of rates than the taxes on investment income. if working class people have investment income they don't pay FICA on that because that is not a progressive income tax

    DUH.

  5. #855
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    In other words, there is no commons and no other choice but to deal with the real property owners.
    Do you know what slavery actually is?

  6. #856
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Do you know what slavery actually is?
    I'm relatively sure how you will define it, yes. Your Property Gods will allow nothing else.


    I call slavery involuntary labor. Whether you like the definition or not is irrelevant.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #857
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I'm relatively sure how you will define it, yes. Your Property Gods will allow nothing else.
    I guess whether that is accurate or not is irrelevant to you.

    I call slavery involuntary labor. Whether you like the definition or not is irrelevant.
    That isn't happening. Thanks for paying attention.
    Last edited by Henrin; 06-20-12 at 12:53 AM.

  8. #858
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the rich pay the full rate that is applicable to investment income.
    Exactly, as compared with the working class that have to pay a higher rate on their income. You forget that the rich pay a lower tax rate only because we allowed under the promise of job creation. Without job creation there is no reason for the working class to continue to allow the rich to pay a lower rate on their income.

    So the more you **** with the working class, the less likely it is they will allow you to continue paying a lower tax rate.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #859
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    In other words, there is no commons and no other choice but to deal with the real property owners.
    IIRC commons were popular US in the late 1800's early 1900's. I've read about several but they ALL lasted a very limited time, like 3-5 years. Many of the interviews I read blamed the lack of property ownership for the failure of these commons. Is this what you are referencing?

  10. #860
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Exactly, as compared with the working class that have to pay a higher rate on their income. You forget that the rich pay a lower tax rate only because we allowed under the promise of job creation. Without job creation there is no reason for the working class to continue to allow the rich to pay a lower rate on their income.

    So the more you **** with the working class, the less likely it is they will allow you to continue paying a lower tax rate.
    I love how you're acting like taking control over property with the use of government is something you don't actually need to defend. Instead you assume its a good thing and then run from there with your argument. A really weird thing to see so many think the premise of makes sense.

Page 86 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •