View Poll Results: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 45.30%
  • No

    99 54.70%
Page 85 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1260

Thread: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

  1. #841
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    It's not voluntary, that's the whole point. When one is required to pick between Master A, Master B, or Master C and do what the Master wills it's still slavery.
    Loose definition of slavery you have there and best yet it's an oxymoron.

  2. #842
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    We realize you operate under the assumption that the rich should pay more because they have more but WHY?

    I don't pay more than you do for anything other than government
    The fact that you don't understand the reasons for progressive taxes and it's history as it pertains to America makes me wonder if you were born here. It has been a part of our income tax since it's inception and has long been considered settled law. You know my opinion but I wonder why you believe tax rates should not be based on what the individual can afford to pay? Perhaps you were just born 100 years too late, the time for this debate was 1913 when the first Income taxes (and they were progressive) were levied.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 06-20-12 at 12:12 AM.

  3. #843
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Yes, they should die and make the rich that much more comfortable.


    Still trying to find an argument, are you?

  4. #844
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,615

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The fact that you don't understand the reasons for progressive taxes and it's history as it pertains to America makes me wonder if you were born here. It has been a part of our income tax since it's inception and has long been considered settled law. You know my opinion but I wonder why you believe tax rates should not be based on what the individual can afford to pay? Perhaps you were just born 100 years too late, the time for this debate was 1913 when the first Income taxes (and they were progressive) were levied.
    Yeah the reason for it is it works for politicians by appealing to the envy of the many

    you can promise more voters more stuff without pissing them off because you tax a minority a lot to buy yourself votes.

    My family was here before the Constitution was created. ANd just because something is settled law doesn't mean its right

    that is one of the most idiotic arguments going-its statist mind numbing babble.

    the history of progressive taxes?

    buying the votes of people like you with the money of people like me.

  5. #845
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Loose definition of slavery you have there [...]
    Show me a commons where people can eek out a meager existence and I'll concede it's not slavery.


    Otherwise they are given no choice but to deal with the real property owners on whatever terms the property owners decide.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-20-12 at 12:18 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #846
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Still trying to find an argument, are you?
    Not at all - I've merely brought your argument into focus.


    Show me the commons where people can eek out a meager existence.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-20-12 at 12:20 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #847
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    I've had enough of the soak the rich argument.

    How are we going to keep creating jobs if you raise our taxes?

  8. #848
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Show me a commons where people can eek out a meager existence and I'll concede it's not slavery.


    Otherwise they are given no choice but to deal with the real property owners on whatever terms the property owners decide.
    You're really going to defend your hyperbole? So be it man. Voluntary arrangements are not slavery. Deal with it.

  9. #849
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    I've had enough of the soak the rich argument.

    How are we going to keep creating jobs if you raise our taxes?


    That's a great one!!!
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #850
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You're really going to defend your hyperbole? So be it man.
    In other words, there is no commons and no other choice but to deal with the real property owners.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 85 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •