The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
because those rappers and hollyweird types
1) tend to support liberals
2) don't have the same path to success that your average CEO or wall street lawyer has.
in many cases its blind luck or who you sleep with that works for entertainers and with athletes its the gene pool lottery. Those type of rich people allow the left to pretend everyone who got rich basically lucked into it
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
when pressed, the wealth stealers really don't care. they will find a way to justify parasitic government behavior no matter what
1) if you inherited money that your father worked hard to earn, and that he paid taxes on-you should be heavily taxed because you "did not earn" the money.
2) if you made it in business-you probably exploited your workers etc
3) if you are a great athlete-you were born with good genes
4) and of course-other people helped you make it no matter what
as long as the money is in your hands, and not theirs they will either want it for themselves or if that doesn't work, they want the government to take it
its sort of like that great line in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY where the Russian agent is trying to buy a british code machine and Bond throws it off the cliff
If we cannot have it, you cannot have it is what he tells the KGB colonel
"Why shouldn't the American people take half my money from me? I took it all from them."
- Edward Filene, founder of Filene's Department Stores
Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb