View Poll Results: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 45.30%
  • No

    99 54.70%
Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1260

Thread: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Insulting me or de-valuing my position when I didn't even state it is pretty lame.

    You guys crack me up!
    And yet again, you refuse to provide ANY unbiased proof to back up your claims.


    I will put it more simply then.

    I not interested in your economic opinions.

    Why would I be - you are just another nobody who posts on chat forums (like I am).

    The only thing I am truly interested in is facts.


    Now do you have links to unbiased facts to support your claims or don't you?

    Yes or no?
    Last edited by DA60; 06-08-12 at 05:22 AM.

  2. #472
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And yet again, you refuse to provide ANY unbiased proof to back up your claims. I will put it more simply then. I not interested in your economic opinions.Why would I be - you are just another nobody who posts on chat forums (like I am).The only thing I am truly interested in is facts.Now do you have links to unbiased facts to support your claims or don't you?Yes or no?
    I'll repeat it for you since you omitted it in your quote of my last post:
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Our positions are so far apart there is no reason to debate anything. Had I known your beliefs I wouldn't have bothered to response to any of your posts.
    Good day.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-08-12 at 05:26 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I'll repeat it for you since you omitted it in your quote of my last post: Good day.
    So in other words...you have ZERO links to unbiased factual proof to ANYTHING you say.

    Just another chat forum know-it-all who when pushed is all style and NO substance.

    Noted.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 06-08-12 at 07:30 AM.

  4. #474
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So in other words...you have ZERO links to unbiased factual proof to ANYTHING you say.
    Just another chat forum know-it-all who when pushed is all style and NO substance.
    Noted.
    Have a nice day.
    I will not bother proving that monopolies are bad.

    I will not bother proving that dumping the dollar and any other national currency is bad.

    Most people can figure out those simple truths for themselves.

    You are obviously not one of those people, therefore, we have no frame of reference to discuss anything.



    See ya'!
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I will not bother proving that monopolies are bad.

    I will not bother proving that dumping the dollar and any other national currency is bad.

    Most people can figure out those simple truths for themselves.

    You are obviously not one of those people, therefore, we have no frame of reference to discuss anything.



    See ya'!

    You won't prove it because obviously you cannot prove it.

    You have posted 2700 times - so you obviously have the time and enjoy posting.

    Plus, you have typed some fairly long posts in just the short time I have been here - so you obviously like spending time discussing economics.

    So you have spent ALL this time posting and now you say you cannot be bothered?

    Sorry pal - that does not even begin to ring true.

    Why, just in the time you have spend deflecting my request for links - you could have posted several of them easily...so please save the rhetoric of you cannot be bothered - it does not wash.


    As anyone with a clear head could see - you clearly have no links to unbiased, factual proof or you obviously would post them.

    Like I typed - all style, little substance.

    I will try and remember that about you in the future so I don't waste my time chatting with someone who never backs up what he claims.

    No offense, but any idiot can do that...the person to respect is one who backs up their positions - even if they turn out to be wrong.



    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 06-08-12 at 08:25 AM.

  6. #476
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You won't prove it because obviously you cannot prove it.
    You have posted 2700 times - so you obviously have the time and enjoy posting.
    Plus, you have typed some fairly long posts in just the short time I have been here - so you obviously like spending time discussing economics.
    So you have spent ALL this time posting and now you say you cannot be bothered?
    Sorry pal - that does not even begin to ring true.
    Why, just in the time you have spend deflecting my request for links - you could have posted several of them easily...so please save the rhetoric of you cannot be bothered - it does not wash.
    As anyone with a clear head could see - you clearly have no links to unbiased, factual proof or you obviously would post them.
    Like I typed - all style, little substance.
    I will try and remember that about you in the future so I don't waste my time chatting with someone who never backs up what he claims.
    No offense, but any idiot can do that...the person to respect is one who backs up their positions - even if they turn out to be wrong.
    Have a nice day.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Once again folks....I have asked him time and again to prove his ideas with links to unbiased facts.

    And once again he counters with insults and put downs and excuses...but NO LINKS TO FACTS.


    Noted.

  8. #478
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Once again folks....I have asked him time and again to prove his ideas with links to unbiased facts.
    And once again he counters with insults and put downs and excuses...but NO LINKS TO FACTS.
    You made claims, too, so go ahead, Duuuude, show us all your historic examples of how unfettered capitalism works for several hundred million people. I'm sure with all your BS, crap, insolence, and slams you have dozens of them to link. Not dozens of links, mind you, but dozens of cases from history where unfettered capitalism has endured.


    I'll be waiting ... NOT ... because they don't exist!



    It's interesting how



    are "insults and put downs and excuses".

    I guess the first laughing smilie is insults
    the second laughing smilie is put downs, and
    the third laughing smilie is excuses???


    And he wonders why I'm not going to debate anything!!!
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 06-08-12 at 09:17 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  9. #479
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,545

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Today's taxes lowest in 60 years

    "Yes, while we demand tax cuts, we're actually paying less, as a percentage of income, than ever before. And we're doing it while soldiers are fighting."

    "As Republicans and Democrats continue to bicker over who should be taxed and how much, one fact rarely gets mentioned: Most Americans today pay less in federal income taxes than they have in 60 years, and far less than they have during other wars.

    This is particularly true for the wealthy: By 2007, the richest 400 Americans paid an average of 16.6% in income taxes, thanks to exemptions and low capital-gains taxes, far less than the same group had paid decades ago and well below the 26.4% that group had been taxed only 15 years earlier."

    "Overall, taxes are very low right now," said Chuck Marr, the director of federal tax policy at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a nonpartisan Washington, D.C., research group. In addition, "you have this tremendous shift (of wealth) in the United States to high-income people."

    Today's taxes lowest in 60 years - 1 - money & politics - MSN Money
    Why do you try to equate the richest 400 people as being representative of the rich other than to be dishonest? Taxes are low on the 47% who pay no income taxes and the rich pay a higher portion of the income tax burden than at any time in the last 60 years. You operate from the position that massive taxes on the most productive citizens is the normal status rather than the proper position that income taxes were not a normal event for more than half our history.

    Lower taxes do not shift wealth to the rich-rather they TAKE LESS wealth away

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    You made claims, too, so go ahead, Duuuude, show us all your historic examples of how unfettered capitalism works for several hundred million people. I'm sure with all your BS, crap, insolence, and slams you have dozens of them to link. Not dozens of links, mind you, but dozens of cases from history where unfettered capitalism has endured.


    I'll be waiting ... NOT ... because they don't exist!



    It's interesting how



    are "insults and put downs and excuses". I guess that's one BS remark for each laughing smilie?!?
    As soon as you show me links to prove the point you made above (which I have asked you for numerous times now)...I will be pleased to provide links to unbiased evidence to support a position I have made.

    I have already posted many links to unbiased facts to attempt to prove my points...you have not (to my knowledge)...dude.

Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •