View Poll Results: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 45.30%
  • No

    99 54.70%
Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1260

Thread: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

  1. #1001
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I suggest people like you pay the same rates I do and better yet-the same amount of taxes. when you do I might consider your rants about the rates of the rich to have some merit
    Why do you want me to pay as much as you? So you and your kind can steal from the middle class even more than you already do?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #1002
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Why do you want me to pay as much as you? So you and your kind can steal from the middle class even more than you already do?

    you demand more government services than I do, you want more government than I do-time for you to man up and pay for what you want

  3. #1003
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    We see what happens when morons are given public housing, they tear it up, as it cost them nothing and therefore has no value. If they tear it up then they simply demand new public housing. People live poor, where I live, but they take care of their property because nobody will give them a replacement. People tend to value ONLY what they pay for,by EARNING IT, not what they are simply given.
    Now it's you ignoring reality ... and stereo-typing. Most poor people don't tear things up like that so quit acting like they do. Just like most populations, it's a few percent at best that are responsible for the problems. Regardless of how much you'd like to believe it, the poor are not sub-human.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  4. #1004
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you demand more government services than I do, you want more government than I do-time for you to man up and pay for what you want
    We've been through this many times - I demand very little in the way of any kind of services. I live a relativity simple life. It's you and the Jet Set crowd that suck down all the best that society has to offer while whining about your pocket change being used to pay for some of it.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #1005
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Now it's you ignoring reality ... and stereo-typing. Most poor people don't tear things up like that so quit acting like they do. Just like most populations, it's a few percent at best that are responsible for the problems. Regardless of how much you'd like to believe it, the poor are not sub-human.
    Really? I can show you a LOT of private housing that is 80 to 100 years old, you show me public housing that is over 30 years old. I will not attempt to dispute your assertion that it is a minority doing the damage, but the majority allow it by remaining silent about it.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-25-12 at 12:04 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #1006
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Really? I can show you a LOT of private housing that is 80 to 100 years old, you show me public housing that is over 30 years old. I will not attempt to dispute your assertion that it is a minority doing the damage, but the majority allow it by remaining silent about it.
    LOL! Like they can change what's going on. I know you understand the real issues so quit pretending otherwise. Or are you really that clueless about poor society???
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #1007
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Really? I can show you a LOT of private housing that is 80 to 100 years old, you show me public housing that is over 30 years old. I will not attempt to dispute your assertion that it is a minority doing the damage, but the majority allow it by remaining silent about it.
    you are correct. those in section 8 housing or other government subsidized stuff are far less likely to take care of it.

  8. #1008
    Educator

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Stats... I love it.

    If a millionaire donates 10,000 they are still left with 990,000 dollars
    If I donate 10,000 I am left with 75,000

    Of course they give the most. That really doesn't mean much though especially if much of that is a tax write off.

    It is there right but should it be? Much of my family living the life of luxury... golfing and drinking and travelling the world all the time while never once working in their life while others work two jobs 7 days a week and barely survive? Anybody who thinks that this is OK has a ****ing problem.
    Firstly, life isn't fair. I'm sorry if you haven't learned that yet. It was never intended to be fair. The fact that bad things happen to good people is proof of this.

    Secondly, the obligation one human being has to another is based on his own morals, values, and conscience. That obligation is not determined by society or by government.

    Thirdly, manipulating how the wealth is "distributed" from person to person is theft. It is not one man's fault that another man is poor. Money is created. There is infinite potential for increased wealth. The great thing about America is that if you are unhappy with your lot in life, you can change it. You will not make it any more or any less "fair," but your hard work, ambition, and committment can generate wealth for you.

    Where liberals are incorrect (at the most basic level) is when they claim that the lower eschelons of society (in terms of wealth and income) can do nothing to better themselves. It always happens to be someone else's fault.

    This entire mentality is based in envy, rather than logic. Envy is one of the seven deadly sins. Envy is bad.

  9. #1009
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze483 View Post
    Secondly, the obligation one human being has to another is based on his own morals, values, and conscience. That obligation is not determined by society or by government.
    If society does not protect the weak from the powerful then what good is society?

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze483 View Post
    Thirdly, manipulating how the wealth is "distributed" from person to person is theft. It is not one man's fault that another man is poor. Money is created. There is infinite potential for increased wealth. The great thing about America is that if you are unhappy with your lot in life, you can change it. You will not make it any more or any less "fair," but your hard work, ambition, and committment can generate wealth for you.
    Or it can leave you working 60 hours a week and still barely able to support a family, which is by far the more common situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze483 View Post
    Where liberals are incorrect (at the most basic level) is when they claim that the lower eschelons of society (in terms of wealth and income) can do nothing to better themselves. It always happens to be someone else's fault.
    Plenty of data showing upward mobility in America is virtually nonexistent.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze483 View Post
    This entire mentality is based in envy, rather than logic. Envy is one of the seven deadly sins. Envy is bad.
    This entire mentality is based on greed rather than logic. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins. Greed is bad.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #1010
    Educator

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    If society does not protect the weak from the powerful then what good is society?
    I don't believe that the poor are being victimized by the rich by and large. I believe this is a "phantom villain," created by the left in an attempt to lay all the world's ills at the feet of the successful. I strongly believe that the class envy that has bubbled so mightily to the surface over the last 4 years has less to do with actual economics and more to do with overthrowing capitalism for a more socialistic form of government. This type of political ploy (tricking the people) is the same tactic this administration was trying to use in Fast and Furious- running guns to Mexico to create a problem with American guns in Mexico- all in effort to create a crisis which might lead to more stringent gun control. It is the same concept with the wealth envy. I can't argue your point because I don't believe it to be valid.

    Or it can leave you working 60 hours a week and still barely able to support a family, which is by far the more common situation.
    If you can show me how the wealthy are responsible for this I will entertain the argument. You can't just list problems and say that the wealthy are responsible for it. If you taxed the wealthy at 100%, this would be a third world country within 2 years. They are critical to the growth of our economy. When was the last time you saw a welfare recipient create a job?

    Plenty of data showing upward mobility in America is virtually nonexistent.
    Possibly. The country is in a recession. This would be something that one would expect to see during times of recession. How could upward mobility be positively impacted? (Hint: it isn't raising taxes on corporations.)

    This entire mentality is based on greed rather than logic. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins. Greed is bad.
    Perhaps. Perhaps greed is also bad. But it is not illegal. Neither is envy. If I have 10 apples and you have none, and I refuse to give you an apple, that is my right- because it's my goddamned apple. End of story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •