View Poll Results: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 45.30%
  • No

    99 54.70%
Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1260

Thread: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

  1. #991
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So now you are against sales tax?
    that's a pathetic comment. The proper analogy would be me having to pay a sales tax every year on that painting merely for owning it.

    I oppose all taxes on income-sales taxes are the proper taxes

  2. #992
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    [QUOTE=TurtleDude;1060622908]that's a pathetic comment.{/QUOTE]

    egads who pissed in your corn flakes to day?

    The proper analogy would be me having to pay a sales tax every year on that painting merely for owning it.

    I oppose all taxes on income-sales taxes are the proper taxes

    Perhaps you should use your "superiorness" to make your point more lucid in the first place.

    BTW if your Thomas Kinkade print that you bought at the dollar store goes up in value you will have to pay a tax.

  3. #993
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    [QUOTE=winston53660;1060622921]
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's a pathetic comment.{/QUOTE]

    egads who pissed in your corn flakes to day?




    Perhaps you should use your "superiorness" to make your point more lucid in the first place.

    BTW if your Thomas Kinkade print that you bought at the dollar store goes up in value you will have to pay a tax.

    having a bad day dude? Trying to make others miserable by demanding the government tax them more won't heal what ails you

  4. #994
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post


    having a bad day dude? Trying to make others miserable by demanding the government tax them more won't heal what ails you
    Having a great day. Doesn't seem like you are

    BTW on that aluminum tool shed you call a summer cottage you will have to pay property taxes yearly.

  5. #995
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Having a great day. Doesn't seem like you are

    BTW on that aluminum tool shed you call a summer cottage you will have to pay property taxes yearly.
    property taxes fund local services such as schools and fire and police protection.

    but the parasites think that if you use after tax income to buy something and then pay sales tax on that purchase you ought to be taxed on the wealth you bought even if it doesn't generate income.


    It all comes down to those who don't or cannot wanting to use the government to stick it to those who can and do.

  6. #996
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    property taxes fund local services such as schools and fire and police protection.

    but the parasites
    " "
    think that if you use after tax income to buy something and then pay sales tax on that purchase you ought to be taxed on the wealth you bought even if it doesn't generate income.



    It all comes down to those who don't or cannot wanting to use the government to stick it to those who can and do.
    Who said that?

  7. #997
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wealth has no relevance to income tax arguments

    ...

    Farmers for example who have lots of land based wealth but it doesn't generate all that much income
    We're not talking about a farmer owning 20 acres of farm land in nowhere'sville Ohio. We're talking about people who own acres in the tens of thousands. So of course wealth has relevance in an income tax argument as wealth is a generator of income in and of itself. Don't you own like 2-3 houses? I rent my house in Canada quite often. That's wealth generating income. Once that wealth is denied to the rest because of a concentration of wealth within an elite minority, it restricts the majority of the populace from assuming the tax burden which they would be able to handle in a more economically balanced society.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-25-12 at 05:25 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #998
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    We're not talking about a farmer owning 20 acres of farm land in nowhere'sville Ohio. We're talking about people who own acres in the tens of thousands. So of course wealth has relevance in an income tax argument as wealth is a generator of income in and of itself. Don't you own like 2-3 houses? I rent my house in Canada quite often. That's wealth generating income. Once that wealth is denied to the rest because of a concentration of wealth within an elite minority, it restricts the majority of the populace from assuming the tax burden which they would be able to handle in a more economically balanced society.
    1) they pay property tax on those holdings

    2) if you rent out your summer home and get payment-you pay income on that.

    3) wealth is not denied to you by someone else owning it

    4) the best way to have a more balanced society is for those who are unwilling to be productive or who engage in activity that retards their ability to be productive, to change the choices they have made

  9. #999
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,109

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    how in the world does you owning a house keep me from purchasing another?

  10. #1000
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,581

    Re: Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Of course it does. Wealth ownership automatically has an impact on the general responsibilities you have to the society in which you live. You can't have a family of 4 in a house and then claim that the main breadwinner doesn't have to provide for the majority of things in the house specially if the other 3 simply don't generate a comparable revenue. Same scenario. Those who make more should have to pay more in order to make sure that they can continue to enjoy those riches. Otherwise, wealth is heavily concentrated and the nation falls into chaos.
    You ignore another reality though. Giving a moron assets, by wealth redistribution, does NOT mean that they will do anything productive with it. Taking a 10,000 acre ranch, run productively, and splitting it into 10 ranches of 1,000 acres does NOT mean that those 9 new ranchers will be successful, in fact, the odds are that they will all fail. Some things are practical only at a large scale, and only when managed with expertice. We see what happens when morons are given public housing, they tear it up, as it cost them nothing and therefore has no value. If they tear it up then they simply demand new public housing. People live poor, where I live, but they take care of their property because nobody will give them a replacement. People tend to value ONLY what they pay for,by EARNING IT, not what they are simply given.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-25-12 at 11:17 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •