View Poll Results: Should mothers be allowed to abort because of gender, race, or sexual preference?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, abortion is a choice and the fetus isn't a person

    10 47.62%
  • No, discrimination is wrong even if the baby isn't born yet

    10 47.62%
  • Yes, under these circumstances:

    1 4.76%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

  1. #41
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    There was a poll that said americans prefer boys to girls

    Americans Prefer Boys to Girls, Just as They Did in 1941

    It is not a problem yet. Just hope it never becomes one.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  2. #42
    User rocket boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    columbus, oh
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    41

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    Should mothers be allowed to abort because of gender, race, or sexual preference?
    no.
    there are enough stupid reasons people use to justify abortion,
    without blaming the fetus for not meeting their expectations before its even born.
    ' ... i disagree with you ... but im pretty sure youre not hitler ... '
    - jon stewart -

  3. #43
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-06-13 @ 02:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    I don't believe a fetus is conscious to care one way or the other. If they're born, and they're unwanted, that becomes a problem for all involved, regardless of why they're unwanted. Like I want bigots to have kids anyway. The concern is if it became so commonplace that no one even thought twice about it, leading to a boring world where everyone's the same. So long as abortion is legal or at all feasible, it's going to be done though. They don't have to give a reason and could just lie anyway. A religious group pushing heavily for abortion for any reason would be so hilarious I almost wish they'd hurry up and find a way to detect sexuality in fetuses.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    One look at China should make it clear that gender-bias abortions have severe negative consequences on society.

    Of all the reasons to abort this has to be one of the worst.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #45
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    It isn't a real issue. There is no way to know what reason somebody had an abortion. They don't have to give the doctor a reason or something. It's just empty Republican posturing.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    It isn't a real issue. There is no way to know what reason somebody had an abortion. They don't have to give the doctor a reason or something. It's just empty Republican posturing.
    Yes, it is a real issue. It's eugenics, a slippery slope.

  7. #47
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Yes, it is a real issue. It's eugenics, a slippery slope.
    Again, there is no way to know what reason somebody had an abortion. They don't have to give the doctor a reason or something. It's just empty Republican posturing. So it doesn't matter whether you're for or against abortion for gender selection (most everybody is against it), the law is still just an empty gesture.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    It isn't a real issue. There is no way to know what reason somebody had an abortion. They don't have to give the doctor a reason or something. It's just empty Republican posturing.
    So do you suppose China's problem of having far too many men over women is imaginery, due to their selective-abortion method?

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Again, there is no way to know what reason somebody had an abortion. They don't have to give the doctor a reason or something. It's just empty Republican posturing. So it doesn't matter whether you're for or against abortion for gender selection (most everybody is against it), the law is still just an empty gesture.

    Disagree. It might be somewhat difficult to enforce, but then so are a lot of laws... we need to be aware that gender-bias abortions tend to have severe social consequences and take such steps as we reasonably can to suppress the practice. It is a terrible reason to abort, arguably even worse than "I forgot to take my pill".

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #50
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: PRENDA - Prenatal Non-Descrimination Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    So do you suppose China's problem of having far too many men over women is imaginery, due to their selective-abortion method?
    It doesn't seem like you're following what I'm saying. I am NOT saying that gender selection abortion isn't an issue. Sure it is. Really it is a problem in third world countries, not first world countries, but it is a problem.

    What is not an issue is this bill. We have no way to know why people decide to carry one pregnancy to term and not another. So it would have no actual effect on anything.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •