View Poll Results: What do you think we should do about the Obesity Epidemic?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • We do nothing. People have the right to live unhealthily.

    48 66.67%
  • Use sin taxes.

    4 5.56%
  • Use regulations.

    1 1.39%
  • Combinations of methods to fight the Obesity Epidemic.

    17 23.61%
  • I don't know.

    2 2.78%
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 372

Thread: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

  1. #281
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Meh. I explained to you why you're wrong.
    You explained why you have come to the erroneous conclusion that I am wrong, but since you don't understand my argument, you aren't qualified to make that assessment.

    You're upset that you were questioned and because you're upset, you decided to make this personal.
    I didn't call you a dick and tell you to grow up. It's not my fault if the truth hurt your feelings. I agree that I am a dick, but that's not because I made things personal.

    When people do that in response to people who are merely disagreeing them, it signals insecurity with their argument.
    That sucks for you then.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You explained why you have come to the erroneous conclusion that I am wrong, but since you don't understand my argument, you aren't qualified to make that assessment. I didn't call you a dick and tell you to grow up. It's not my fault if the truth hurt your feelings. I agree that I am a dick, but that's not because I made things personal.That sucks for you then.
    I said you were acting like a dick because you made things personal which you did because you're insecure with your argument. You did the same thing with Boo. You should probably just stop calling things faith when they aren't faith and calling people liars for quoting you word for word.

  3. #283
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I said you were acting like a dick because you made things personal which you did because you're insecure with your argument. You did the same thing with Boo. You should probably just stop calling things faith when they aren't faith and calling people liars for quoting you word for word.
    Like I said, since you don't understand my argument, you aren't qualified to make that assessment.

    I call things faith when they are faith. It's not my fault that you don't understand when something actually is faith. And when people lie, I will call their lies lies.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #284
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    2) It may pass. We already have other sorts of regulations and sin taxes, iirc. All we need is the problem to grow, people to take notice and understand, and time.
    3) There may be proof that it would work. Obviously I'm no lawman so I don't have that experience. Taxation for obesity may exist in other nations, or use of BMI.
    4) The right to feed to the point of obesity. If you advocate that, then you should also pay higher taxes to cover the medical costs associated with prolonged obesity.
    2. It won't pass.
    3. You don't need to be a "lawman" to find evidence to support your assertion.
    4. This won't pass either, it probably doesn't have any evidence to support it and it's ridiculous.

  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Like I said, since you don't understand my argument, you aren't qualified to make that assessment.

    I call things faith when they are faith. It's not my fault that you don't understand when something actually is faith.
    But you've never demonstrated that I don't understand your argument. You've merely said I don't. Unfortunately for you, saying that without demonstration means nothing. You're just butthurt that someone questioned you and expressed that like a little boy.

    And when people lie, I will call their lies lies.
    The best part about accusing people of lying is that it's something that you couldn't possibly know without being in that person's mind. That makes the accusation itself stupid, but then again that sums your entire argument thus far.

  6. #286
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    But you've never demonstrated that I don't understand your argument.
    I did. You didn't understand that either.

    You're just butthurt that someone questioned you and expressed that like a little boy.
    Yep. I'm the one getting personal.


    The best part about accusing people of lying is that it's something that you couldn't possibly know without being in that person's mind.
    False. A person does not need to be aware of the fact that they are lying in order to tell a lie. Lies are not, by necessity, willful dishonesty.

    That makes the accusation itself stupid, but then again that sums your entire argument thus far.
    Allow me to repeat, since you don't understand my argument, you aren't qualified to make that assessment.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #287
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    No, no way. I do not need the state or government in general to tell me what I can or cannot eat or how much. It i not illegal to kill one's self but don't let us catch you eating McDonald's, lol.

    We need the government to stop trying to force people to live the way they see fit. Has to do with the whole "pursuit of happiness" thing.

    What is the point of pursuing your own legal interests when the government makes it even more costly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I did. You didn't understand that either.

    Yep. I'm the one getting personal.
    I never denied that I got personal. I explained where the unnecessary turn in the conversation began and that was with you.

    False. A person does not need to be aware of the fact that they are lying in order to tell a lie. Lies are not, by necessity, willful dishonesty.
    Kind of like trusting legislators is not, by necessity, faith.

    Allow me to repeat, since you don't understand my argument, you aren't qualified to make that assessment.
    It's a lot easier to accuse people of not understanding your argument when your argument is demonstrably false as yours is than it is to simply admit your errors. That's what you're doing here which means that your claims of my not understanding aren't legitimate.

  9. #289
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I never denied that I got personal. I explained where the unnecessary turn in the conversation began and that was with you.
    I never got personal. You took something personally, but I have no control over that.


    Kind of like trusting legislators is not, by necessity, faith.
    Trusting anyone to do something in the future is an act of faith because there is no proof that they will do said thing in the future.


    It's a lot easier to accuse people of not understanding your argument when your argument is demonstrably false as yours is than it is to simply admit your errors. That's what you're doing here which means that your claims of my not understanding aren't legitimate.
    Allow me to repeat, since you don't understand my argument, you aren't qualified to make that assessment.

    I admit my errors when I actually make an error. I can even prove that I do this.

    But I don't say that I made an error when I didn't make an error simply to appease someone who failed understand what I was saying. If I did that, I'd be lying.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Need for Regulation: Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The key is getting enough people on board for that particular issue to make a difference. It's not like all of those phone calls and emails are about the same thing or that you are sending those phone calls and emails to every legislator.

    If 500 people send one congressional rep emails about 500 different things, nothing will ever come of it.

    Everyone has to be on the same page, about the same issues, and make their voices heard by every legislator for a single issue like the one we are discussing to be dealt with effectively.

    That requires faith in others to take up the cause and put forth the effort along with you.
    True, but if no one works for something, nothing ever happens. It is the working that is important.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •