View Poll Results: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    35 54.69%
  • Romney

    29 45.31%
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 811 to 817 of 817

Thread: For Veterans and Military personnel only.[W:651]

  1. #811
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like I said, poor nation self esteem. The argument is not what the awakening would or would not have done without the US eventually lending a hand. I concede it is likely both needed each other, and I commend the wisdom of our leaders to take advantage of it. But the fact is that we did not start the awakening, nor did we come up with the idea. They did. And we were lucky that they did.

    Some lack such national esteem that they can't give credit where credit is due and want to say that all good is theirs and all bad someone elses. In case you're confused, you and CP would belong to that group.

    I never claimed it was our idea. However, in the interest if giving credit where it is due, realize that the awakening would still be asleep without the US and that taking advantage of "awakenings" is part of US doctrine.

    Keep hatin'
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I never claimed it was our idea. However, in the interest if giving credit where it is due, realize that the awakening would still be asleep without the US and that taking advantage of "awakenings" is part of US doctrine.

    Keep hatin'
    If you weren't claiming it was our idea, you would not have been agreeing with CP or disputing what I said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #813
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you weren't claiming it was our idea, you would not have been agreeing with CP or disputing what I said.
    You should read the posts. I routinely said that without the US the awakening would have gone nowhere. Perhaps I should have said "a more closely agree with CP", but the point remains, he is mostly right and you are mostly wrong.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #814
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You should read the posts. I routinely said that without the US the awakening would have gone nowhere. Perhaps I should have said "a more closely agree with CP", but the point remains, he is mostly right and you are mostly wrong.
    No, CP says the US was behind the Awakening. That is what we were debating. As he is completely wrong, and you agree with me, what exactly are you mostly agreeing with? Isn't really that you're having an emotional response and let that influence what you're saying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #815
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, CP says the US was behind the Awakening. That is what we were debating. As he is completely wrong, and you agree with me, what exactly are you mostly agreeing with? Isn't really that you're having an emotional response and let that influence what you're saying.
    The US is behind the awakening. It would not have happened without US support, as your own source says.

    The US didn't have to come up with the idea to be the enabling force behind it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #816
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The US is behind the awakening. It would not have happened without US support, as your own source says.

    The US didn't have to come up with the idea to be the enabling force behind it.
    No. It happened already, before us. It likely would have been less successful. There is a difference there. It may have even failed. But it had already happened, as reported by our generals before congress, but we took advantage. It was smart and wise for us to take advantage, but we did not start it and not behind it (which means we started it). As much as they would not have been successful wihotut our help, the surge would have not been as successful without the Awakening.

    You might read CP closer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #817
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thanks. I pointed to The Gamble earlier. The Book explains a lot rather well I think.
    It does indeed.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •