View Poll Results: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    35 54.69%
  • Romney

    29 45.31%
Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 817

Thread: For Veterans and Military personnel only.[W:651]

  1. #461
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As supported by rich Saudi donors. Most of the suicide bombers in Iraq were also Saudi.
    Most of the IRA was supported by rich US donors. You seem to have a hard time separating countries from individuals. At least when it suits your argument.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #462
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ok, Cat, whatever. Grab the straw..
    Grab the straw? What does that have to do with me choosing the party of which a majority of which represent my views, rather that the party that almost every single one of them doesn't?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #463
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I fail to see your relevance to the current discussion here.
    The current discussion is about us going into Iraq when none of the 9/11 attackers were from Iraq. It was pointed out most were from SA. You said you can't link it to the Saudi government. Nor can you link it to the Iraqi government. There is a stronger link to some in the government of Pakistan. I think it's pretty clear how the comment relates.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #464
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes, they have allowed themselves to be neutered, democrat and republican alike. And contempt for this is proper. But the decision to go to war was Bush's and Bush's alone. I've fine with shame on all of them, but I think we need to be clear on what they have to be ashamed of.
    Does funding it not endorse it? I agree with you that it was Bush's decision to send them. He has that authority (which is bullcrap btw). But funding it enables it. Simple as that.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #465
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That's not what I said.

    Look if you are a supporter of the war on the Iraqis and others like it, vote for the GOP, whom all but 7 voted for AOF in Iraq.

    For myself, since I thought it was an idiotic war that wasted far too many lives, and created far too much national debt, all unnecessarily, I will vote for the party of which a majority voted against AOF in Iraq.
    But for Afghanistan.........the hypocrisy rears its ugly head again. Your "side" voted to fund the Iraq war over and over again. No money=no war. They are enablers no matter what you say.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #466
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Does funding it not endorse it? I agree with you that it was Bush's decision to send them. He has that authority (which is bullcrap btw). But funding it enables it. Simple as that.
    Actually, no. Many funded while fighting aganist it. Again, right or wrong (and I say wrong) the climate was not such that defunding was reasonable to expect.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #467
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, no. Many funded while fighting aganist it. Again, right or wrong (and I say wrong) the climate was not such that defunding was reasonable to expect.
    See my previous post for what I think of the "climate".
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #468
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    But for Afghanistan.........the hypocrisy rears its ugly head again. Your "side" voted to fund the Iraq war over and over again. No money=no war. They are enablers no matter what you say.
    ye, the vast majority of Democrats voted, repeatedly, to keep funding the war in Iraq.... folks simply cannot get around that simple fact.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    See my previous post for what I think of the "climate".
    I saw, but honesty matters. No matter where anyone stood, defunding was not going to happen. Not after VN.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #470
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    But for Afghanistan.........the hypocrisy rears its ugly head again. Your "side" voted to fund the Iraq war over and over again. No money=no war. They are enablers no matter what you say.
    Again, you ignore the viable choices. But do continue on with your cry that all who do not choose fairybook heros are hypocrites if it makes you feel better about your pick, Ron Paul.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •