View Poll Results: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    35 54.69%
  • Romney

    29 45.31%
Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 817

Thread: For Veterans and Military personnel only.[W:651]

  1. #371
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I know its subective but I've always had better experience with Army rotary rather than Marine. However, Marine fixed wing is better than anyones bar none. It's weird how that works.
    I just don't see what support the Navy would have flown from a carrier. I do know the Navy was heavily involved during the invasion of Iraq but that was when we were fighting in Basra. However, they especially haven't been involved in OEF. That's why our guys had to secure Bagram so we could have air in theater.
    We did something for OEF, what, I don't know. But we were in the "area" (yes, I know its landlocked) and got the ribbon for the operation. Maybe we were guarding something or keeping watch or doing recon, I wasn't exactly privy to that info, but I know we weren't just site seeing (not exactly a lot to see from the carrier out at sea).

    Plus, we send guys in IA to help Army, at least. (Don't think we do anything for you guys, unless it is truck maintenance or customs duty.) And, unlike most of the Marines and Army, we have been actually in the Gulf since the first Gulf War.

    Yes, we don't do the actual land fighting (for the most part), but that isn't part of our job. And it also isn't just to be your taxi cab. Most of you guys get places by plane or perhaps our smaller ships, definitely not the aircraft carriers or their battle groups. And subs are a whole different business. Most of the Navy doesn't know what our subs do. Most of the guys on the subs don't even know where they are or what they are doing. Doesn't mean they are doing nothing.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #372
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Both statements above show that I am not a supporter of Romney. I don't know why you feel the need to continue to bring him up in our discussion of your hypocrisy. Again, you are no longer a viable anti-war voice on this website because you plan to vote for a militant liberal. Simple as that.
    I bring Romney up to show why I am voting for the better of the two candidates.

    GOP WAR?!
    Yep, a majority of Democrats voted against force in Iraq vs all but 7 of the Republicans that voted for force in Iraq.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #373
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I bring Romney up to show why I am voting for the better of the two candidates.
    You do know that I won't let you avoid the fact that you claim to be an anti-war crusader yet vote for a warmonger right? It's not going to happen. One of two things will need to happen for me to stop doing that. A) Admit you are a hypocrite B) Admit you're not as anti-war as you claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yep, a majority of Democrats voted against force in Iraq vs all but 7 of the Republicans that voted for force in Iraq.
    Democrats repeatedly voted for the funding of the Iraq War. Simple as that. You can act like this was a partisan issue all you want. It wasn't.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #374
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hesent about half of what they needed...........
    You do realize he was givin 4 different options from various high ranking military officials right?
    Also how did sending those "extra needed troops" to Vietnam work out for us?

    .I been meaning to ask you, did you send back the money you made in the last 10 years from the Bush Tax cuts..
    No why would I?
    Obama has staed over and over again he wants to continue the bush tax cuts for working families (middle class, and lower class).


  5. #375
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Also how did sending those "extra needed troops" to Vietnam work out for us?
    Afghanistan is not Vietnam.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  6. #376
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    You do know that I won't let you avoid the fact that you claim to be an anti-war crusader yet vote for a warmonger right? It's not going to happen. One of two things will need to happen for me to stop doing that. A) Admit you are a hypocrite B) Admit you're not as anti-war as you claim.
    Since I am not a libertarian, I do no believe there is a perfect human, or fairybook utopia. In the real world we much choose the better of choices. If you think I am a hypocrite for not choosing the fairybook utopia option, so be it.


    Democrats repeatedly voted for the funding of the Iraq War. Simple as that. You can act like this was a partisan issue all you want. It wasn't.
    The Democrats did not cut off funding to troops that all but 7 of the Republicans voted to put in harms way, that is correct, and you can spin it any which way you want MT, but you can't change the fact that a majority of Democrats voted against authorization of force in Iraq.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #377
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Afghanistan is not Vietnam.
    No it isn't. Nor is it WWII. Or Korea. Or any other war we've been in. But,it is a war against a country that didn't attack us. Not as reckless and crazy as Iraq, as OBL was there. But something different for us. At least in it's blatant disregard appearences.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    You do know that I won't let you avoid the fact that you claim to be an anti-war crusader yet vote for a warmonger right? It's not going to happen. One of two things will need to happen for me to stop doing that. A) Admit you are a hypocrite B) Admit you're not as anti-war as you claim.


    Democrats repeatedly voted for the funding of the Iraq War. Simple as that. You can act like this was a partisan issue all you want. It wasn't.
    That makes them complicent, but not the decider. Bush alone decided to invade Iraq. He was given permission to decide. And with elections on the line, democrats weren't willing to have soldiers not being funded on their back. So, while they do not escape contempt, those who blame Bush are right to do so.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #379
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No it isn't. Nor is it WWII. Or Korea. Or any other war we've been in. But,it is a war against a country that didn't attack us. Not as reckless and crazy as Iraq, as OBL was there. But something different for us. At least in it's blatant disregard appearences.
    Point is, one does not simply compare OIF to Vietnam and expect a real debate.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #380
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That makes them complicent, but not the decider. Bush alone decided to invade Iraq. He was given permission to decide. And with elections on the line, democrats weren't willing to have soldiers not being funded on their back. So, while they do not escape contempt, those who blame Bush are right to do so.
    And my blaming the Dems is right as well. So why waste the bandwidth with this post? Does the lookout in the robbery not go to jail too if he shares in the spoils?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •