View Poll Results: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    35 54.69%
  • Romney

    29 45.31%
Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 817

Thread: For Veterans and Military personnel only.[W:651]

  1. #311
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Bush never announced a timed withdrawal divorced from reality on the ground but wedded to his political convenience in Afghanistan.
    You're mistaken. Bush allowed the Iraqis to name it, and Obama kept that agreement.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #312
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    admittedly I've only been on one float - but our SNCO's ate in the Chief's Mess and our Officers ate in the Officers Mess on the Iwo Jima.
    That is by order of your MEU CO. The Navy chow guys divvy the chow up to feed the SNCO's/Officers in the mess's provided by the ship. In other words, they wouldn't have enough chow in in Peasant Chowhall if all of the Nobles ate there. I am speaking of on Marine bases and the like. You don't see all of that closed off, Gunny's Mess or Officer's Mess crap. The most you'll see is a Staff and O deck in the chowhall which is nothing more than a group of tables that Staff and O sit at. Even that has gone away from what I've seen. I know the ones at Lejeune are gone.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #313
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I notice you offered no counter point to anything I said about the fact that you are a hypocrite because you are going to vote for the warmonger known as President Barack Obama. Instead, you make a poor attempt below at redirecting that towards me. Unlike you, I don't plan to vote for either "viable" candidate that you name. I don't plan to vote for one person who would extend our time in Afghanistan or the other who doubled down on Afghanistan, kills people (including American citizens)with impunity as though he's God Himself, and got involved in another conflict he never should have (Libya). I will tell you this. Nothing you say on this website will ever hold water again IMO. I've heard you rail against war since I've been on here. Now, to find out that you vote for a POTUS that YOU KNOW is going to continue the practice is beyond me. It's like another famous warmonger said, "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." Well, apparently you are getting fooled again or you are engaging in partisan hackery. I'll bet on the latter.
    I am voting for the least warmongering candidate that has a chance of winning. If you choose to vote for a non-viable candidate and risk the election of the most warmongering candidate, that is your prerogative, as I said before.




    You obviously have zero clue how warfare works and I won't enter into debate with you about it. I've done that with you before but that was when I thought you genuinely believed and practiced the rhetoric you spewed forth. Now that I know you're no better than any other militant liberal, I'll ignore your attempt at grandstanding by showing a picture of a little girl you probably had no clue about until the story ran that she turned 40 recently.
    Also your big oil comment is funny seeing as the guy you are voting for did the same thing in Libya.

    There was no unilateral invasion and decade long occupation of Libya that I am aware of. I was aware of the napalming of civilians when it happened, that's why I joined with the Vietnam Veterans Against the War in blocking the main entrance to Wright Patterson AFB.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #314
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Somewhere in the world there are big strong military men furious at all these pussy ass Vietnam dodging homo loving hippies in camo are coming out of the closet to support Obama.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-03-12 at 04:33 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #315
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I am voting for the least warmongering candidate that has a chance of winning. If you choose to vote for a non-viable candidate and risk the election of the most warmongering candidate, that is your prerogative, as I said before.
    Oh, so he's the least warmongering I see. So tell me, how many American citizens has Romney killed with drone strikes? How many bombs did he order dropped over Libya? How many troops did he send to Afghanistan?
    You can go ahead and come back with "well.....he said he would" and I'll raise you some hope and change that never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    There was no unilateral invasion and decade long occupation of Libya that I am aware of. I was aware of the napalming of civilians when it happened, that's why I joined with the Vietnam Veterans Against the War in blocking the main entrance to Wright Patterson AFB.
    Kinda like these figures from Libya.
    According to the Libyan Health office, the airstrikes killed 1,108 civilians and wounded 4,500 by July 13
    Casualties of the Libyan civil war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You keep telling yourself what you need to so you can justify your hypocrisy. It's kinda sad to watch the very fiber of a user on this website crumble before my eyes. There are some guys on here that you identify with movements. Navy Pride is against "Hussein" Obama, as he likes to say. Redress and SSM. And I thought you with anti-war. Well, now we find out that was all a sham huh?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #316
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,144

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're mistaken. Bush allowed the Iraqis to name it, and Obama kept that agreement.
    There you are mistaken. The politically pressure in 2006 / 2007 was to begin a phased withdrawal, not Surge troops and take the fight out to the streets. You will recall you were an opponent of the Surge then, and you may even recall (I sure do) you touting Harry Reid saying it was a failure before it even began. The withdrawal from Iraq was only driven by political events at the very end, when the current administration proved itself incompetent enough that it couldn't even negotiate a simple SOFA treaty.

    In contrast, when the ISAF commander asked Obama to allow him to surge troops, Obama dithered for 6 months, and then gave him less than the minimum number of necessary troops, while tying it to a politically determined withdrawal timeline, divorced from events on the ground. The instant Obama put out a timeline, every Taliban member on the ground knew they only had to wait until a certain date, and every Afghan farmer knew it too. That's death to a counterinsurgency effort, where the high ground is the populace.

  7. #317
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,144

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    That is by order of your MEU CO. The Navy chow guys divvy the chow up to feed the SNCO's/Officers in the mess's provided by the ship. In other words, they wouldn't have enough chow in in Peasant Chowhall if all of the Nobles ate there. I am speaking of on Marine bases and the like. You don't see all of that closed off, Gunny's Mess or Officer's Mess crap. The most you'll see is a Staff and O deck in the chowhall which is nothing more than a group of tables that Staff and O sit at. Even that has gone away from what I've seen. I know the ones at Lejeune are gone.
    I haven't eaten at a chow hall in Lejeune since... 2009. I know the chowhalls here on Oki have a SNCO/O room in them.

    Interesting, though, that there are ships out there that won't let our Officers on their Officer mess deck. HAH. What a buncha stuck up aristocrat wannabes. I rate my decision not to join the Navy above only my decision not to join the Army.

  8. #318
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I haven't eaten at a chow hall in Lejeune since... 2009. I know the chowhalls here on Oki have a SNCO/O room in them.

    Interesting, though, that there are ships out there that won't let our Officers on their Officer mess deck. HAH. What a buncha stuck up aristocrat wannabes. I rate my decision not to join the Navy above only my decision not to join the Army.
    I'm a SNCO and I hate the Staff and O rooms and seperation. I even hate the Staff and O hatch that some units have at their CP. I used to infuriate my 1stSgt when I told the Sgt's and below they could use the "Staff and O" hatch. There's no reason for that crap. SNCO's and especially officers are no better than a young Marine that we rate our own doors/bathrooms/dining area/etc. That was another one that I infuriated other Staff and O with. We had a "Staff and O" head. Well, married guys have nowhere to shower in our CP because the big shower room is the Staff and O shower. This forces them to go to the baracks to shower. Guys in the bricks already have 2 Marines using one shower. They can't afford 3 married dudes coming into their room as well. So I would walk them up there in groups of 7 (there were 8 shower heads) and let them get in the shower. Then I would stand there a minute and stare at the young Lieutenants and the like and dare them to say something. That's the funny part. The staff and o's that want that crap never confront young Marines about it because they know it's wrong. They would rather just post a sign and hope young Marines adhere to it. How bad does it look when a senior guy tells a junior guy "Hey, get out of the shower. Only staff and o can use this. You're just going to have to be dirty." 9 out of 10 leaders won't do that because they know it's wrong. So why not just abolish the whole practice you know?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #319
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're mistaken. Bush allowed the Iraqis to name it, and Obama kept that agreement.

    if that is correct, how can Obama take credit for pulling troops out of iraq? all he did was not **** up something bush and the iraqis set in motion
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #320
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I'm a SNCO and I hate the Staff and O rooms and seperation. I even hate the Staff and O hatch that some units have at their CP. I used to infuriate my 1stSgt when I told the Sgt's and below they could use the "Staff and O" hatch. There's no reason for that crap. SNCO's and especially officers are no better than a young Marine that we rate our own doors/bathrooms/dining area/etc. That was another one that I infuriated other Staff and O with. We had a "Staff and O" head. Well, married guys have nowhere to shower in our CP because the big shower room is the Staff and O shower. This forces them to go to the baracks to shower. Guys in the bricks already have 2 Marines using one shower. They can't afford 3 married dudes coming into their room as well. So I would walk them up there in groups of 7 (there were 8 shower heads) and let them get in the shower. Then I would stand there a minute and stare at the young Lieutenants and the like and dare them to say something. That's the funny part. The staff and o's that want that crap never confront young Marines about it because they know it's wrong. They would rather just post a sign and hope young Marines adhere to it. How bad does it look when a senior guy tells a junior guy "Hey, get out of the shower. Only staff and o can use this. You're just going to have to be dirty." 9 out of 10 leaders won't do that because they know it's wrong. So why not just abolish the whole practice you know?
    most of the officers I know that are into that crap are the douches that were never enlisted. academy grads who think they are the next Patton that don't know their ass from their mouth
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •