View Poll Results: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    35 54.69%
  • Romney

    29 45.31%
Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 817

Thread: For Veterans and Military personnel only.[W:651]

  1. #301
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So you are able to just ignore that the only viable alternative is worse? Sorry, I don't have that ability.

    I notice you offered no counter point to anything I said about the fact that you are a hypocrite because you are going to vote for the warmonger known as President Barack Obama. Instead, you make a poor attempt below at redirecting that towards me. Unlike you, I don't plan to vote for either "viable" candidate that you name. I don't plan to vote for one person who would extend our time in Afghanistan or the other who doubled down on Afghanistan, kills people (including American citizens)with impunity as though he's God Himself, and got involved in another conflict he never should have (Libya). I will tell you this. Nothing you say on this website will ever hold water again IMO. I've heard you rail against war since I've been on here. Now, to find out that you vote for a POTUS that YOU KNOW is going to continue the practice is beyond me. It's like another famous warmonger said, "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." Well, apparently you are getting fooled again or you are engaging in partisan hackery. I'll bet on the latter.




    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You sound exactly like those that deluded themselves into thinking that if we had just been more brutal allowed to kill more than the million we killed in Vietnam we could have won the hearts and minds of the Vietnamese seemingly completely oblivious to the very reason we failed in Vietnam is because we were so brutal.
    All we we did in Iraq was remove one corrupt government that kicked Big oil our their country 35 years ago and replace it with a corrupt government that let big oil back in. That's great for big oil but doesn't mean **** to me.
    And we are no closer to winning the hearts and minds of the Afghans than we were a decade ago as far as I can tell. The corrupt government we enabled in Afghanistan (the ones we plan to turn over control to) said recently they would side with Pakistan in a conflict with the US.
    Mission Accomplished???
    If you wish to cast your vote for the worst of the candidates that is your prerogative. I will stick with voting for the better of the candidates.
    You obviously have zero clue how warfare works and I won't enter into debate with you about it. I've done that with you before but that was when I thought you genuinely believed and practiced the rhetoric you spewed forth. Now that I know you're no better than any other militant liberal, I'll ignore your attempt at grandstanding by showing a picture of a little girl you probably had no clue about until the story ran that she turned 40 recently.
    Also your big oil comment is funny seeing as the guy you are voting for did the same thing in Libya.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #302
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Who any one votes is often related to who he runs against. But, let's not pretend Obama is equal to Bush. We really have to be honest and acknowledge differences. I think I did that earlier.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #303
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,069

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    My first son was born in Tripler, in Oahu. Some refer to the place as "Crippler". I had zero problems and got a lot of care. In fact, when it looked like there was a problem, there were 4 doctors and a couple of nurses in there trying to make sure it was taken care of right. The room I was put in was awesome, even a place for my husband to stay with me and our son. So much help. My second son was born in a civilian hospital. The room was huge but it was unnecessarily so. They didn't let fathers actually stay with the mothers after the baby was born. And they had no idea about their patients. They gave out bags for going home to help new moms, mine was in Spanish. I'm about as white as a person can get.

    I've experienced both, and it not that different. In fact, I stayed a couple days longer in Tripler than I did the civilian hospital after the birth, eventhough it was just for observation because of my blood condition.

    And I'm telling you I don't see it, at least not more than what I have seen in a civilian hospital/clinic. I have had physical therapy given to me for a foot problem by the Navy. Yet one of my sisters was told by a doctor at a civilian hospital that they couldn't do jack for her sprained/fractured ankle, not even to wrap it up.

    From everything I have experienced and heard, the military medical works just as well as civilian medical, particularly when we are talking stateside medical.

    And see, I've never had a better place to live in in my life compared to the military housing I live in now. It is great. Completely worth it. And I have lived in places on my own BAH.

    Oh, and military housing is run by civilians, not military. The civilians have to follow certain rules, but they are certainly not skimpimg, at least not in San Diego, on the housing.

    TRICARE is an insurance option, particularly for dependents. You can choose civilian doctors. They just have to accept TRICARE. Of course, it may cost a little more. For military, it just isn't practical since we have more rules due to our health being a high consideration for the military. (And I know technically I fall under the civilian coverage, I still have to inform my reserve chain of command of any health problems and they have to get their information on it to determine if I am medically ready.)
    Seems we have completely different personal experiences. And again, this surprises me, as I think you are the first person I've run across with this much good to say about military medical - especially for dependents. I've heard nothing good and plenty bad out of Navy Hospital delivery. Maybe it's a Marine v Navy thing, and they really do give us the sh-- end of the stick. Certainly I don't think I've heard anyone talk about how much better on-base housing is than what they can get out in town for BAH - that blows my mind.
    Last edited by cpwill; 06-03-12 at 03:54 AM.

  4. #304
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,069

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who any one votes is often related to who he runs against. But, let's not pretend Obama is equal to Bush. We really have to be honest and acknowledge differences. I think I did that earlier.
    Good point. At least when Bush went to war he intended to win.

  5. #305
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Maybe it's a Marine v Navy thing, and they really do give us the sh-- end of the stick.
    Maybe? Come on man. You know better. We get that end of the stick with everything when dealing with the Navy. The Navy holds on to their stupid traditions like the "Chief's Mess" and the "Officer's Mess". Meanwhile, Marine E-7's and above and officers are sitting with their guys. They have an elitist mind set between their seniors and junior guys. If you aren't a Chief or above, you're just another peon on the blue side. Marines are lower than that to them. Funny part is, they really have no role other than supporting us anymore. Battleships are going away, carriers aren't being built anymore, when's the last time a sub shot something? Yep, that leaves delivering Marines to the battlefield and providing a deck for our pilots to use. The only thing they have left is enforcing no fly zones. Have fun with that. Oh, and a Marine MEU could do that too but we're too busy hooking and jabbing on land.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #306
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Good point. At least when Bush went to war he intended to win.
    You mean by losing interest in Afghanistan?

    CP, don't let that ideology lead you too far down fairyland.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #307
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You mean by losing interest in Afghanistan?

    CP, don't let that ideology lead you too far down fairyland.
    You need to be taking these shots at Catawba, not CP.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #308
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,069

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Maybe? Come on man. You know better. We get that end of the stick with everything when dealing with the Navy. The Navy holds on to their stupid traditions like the "Chief's Mess" and the "Officer's Mess". Meanwhile, Marine E-7's and above and officers are sitting with their guys.
    admittedly I've only been on one float - but our SNCO's ate in the Chief's Mess and our Officers ate in the Officers Mess on the Iwo Jima.

    They have an elitist mind set between their seniors and junior guys. If you aren't a Chief or above, you're just another peon on the blue side.
    With the possible exception of their First Classes, however, this is dead on. We will give more authority and freedom to an E-4 than they will a E-6.

    Marines are lower than that to them. Funny part is, they really have no role other than supporting us anymore. Battleships are going away, carriers aren't being built anymore, when's the last time a sub shot something? Yep, that leaves delivering Marines to the battlefield and providing a deck for our pilots to use. The only thing they have left is enforcing no fly zones. Have fun with that. Oh, and a Marine MEU could do that too but we're too busy hooking and jabbing on land.



    Seriously, I think the budget limits will push the Navy in the direction of the smaller LHD type boats and away from the bigger nuclear carriers. You can get more bang per buck.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    You need to be taking these shots at Catawba, not CP.
    I don't pretend there are not partisans on both sides. But me and CP have history, and he is wrong on his statment. You're dealing Catwaba. A nice fellow btw.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #310
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,069

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You mean by losing interest in Afghanistan?
    Bush never announced a timed withdrawal divorced from reality on the ground but wedded to his political convenience in Afghanistan.

Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •