View Poll Results: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    35 54.69%
  • Romney

    29 45.31%
Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 817

Thread: For Veterans and Military personnel only.[W:651]

  1. #201
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I believe that socialist programs are still socialist programs.
    No you don't. You are smarter than this. There is a very big difference between programs that reward contracts of service and programs that reward a person for being born. Some socialist programs help people who deserve it. Most Americans on unemployment would prefer a job and an opportunity to maintain a sense of pride and contribute to our society. Some socialist programs feed people who find themselves on the back end of a series of bad life decisions and need assistance. Certainly most of them don't like the embarrasment of pulling food stamps out of their purse or announcing "free lunch" in front of their school friends.

    But let's not pretend that 20 years of contracted service is the same as a handout just to justify the handout. Are people who retire from Time Warner Cable, Ford, or Merryl Lynch getting a handout from their companies when they retire? After they've fullfilled career obligation they too receive what they earned in accordance to the contracts. Are these civilian workers just like the 24 year old single Mom of four receiving food stamps? Military retirees worked for a company too. And they merely get what they earned. What 24 year old Mom of four earned a handout? What contract did she sign and what has she really earned? What she earned was failure because of the bad decisions she made....but she has the mercy of socialist programs to alleviate her reponsibility.
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-31-12 at 11:11 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #202
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    No you don't. You are smarter than this. There is a very big difference between programs that reward contracts of service and programs that reward a person for being born. Some socialist programs help people who deserve it. Most Americans on unemployment would prefer a job and an opportunity to maintain a sense of pride and contribute to our society. Some socialist programs feed people who find themselves on the back end of a series of bad life decisions and need assistance. Certainly most of them don;t like the embarrasment of pulling food stamps out of their purse or announcing "free lunch" in front of their school friends.

    But let's not pretend that 20 years of contracted service is the same as a handout just to justify the handout. Are people who retire from Time Warner Cable, Ford, or Merryl Lynch getting a handout from their companies when they retire? They are just like the 24 year old single Mom of four receiving food stamps? Military retirees worked for a company too.
    So basically you just make up definitions to words when they real one is inconvenient. Socialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Socialism /ˈsʃəlɪzəm/ is an economic system characterised by social ownership and/or control of the means of production and cooperative management of the economy,[1] and a political philosophy advocating such a system.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #203
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So basically you just make up definitions to words when they real one is inconvenient. Socialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well, the definition doesn't address the topic, does it? A socialist government (China, Cuba, Soviet Union) and socialistic programs (found in the U.S. and Western Europe) are two seperate issues. Your definition focuses on governance. Or is a retiree of Time Warner Cable a product of "political philosophy" or a victim of "social ownership?" The food stamp receiver is owned by the government. The retiree is not. The notion of retiring is actually more capitalist than socialist because it deals with the reward of labor.


    You are trying to make a military retiree the same as a 24 year old food stamp case just to justify a socialistic government. The two are seperate and you know this.
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-31-12 at 11:31 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential elections?
    I'm voting for Obama. He is the best candidate.

  5. #205
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Well, the definition doesn't address the topic, does it? A socialist government (China, Cuba, Soviet Union) and socialistic programs (found in the U.S. and Western Europe) are two seperate issues. Your definition focuses on governance. Or is a retiree of Time Warner Cable a product of "political philosophy" or a victim of "social ownership?" The food stamp receiver is owned by the government. The retiree is not.

    You are trying to make a military retiree the same as a 24 year old food stamp case just to justify a socialistic government. The two are seperate and you know this.
    But the food being bought by the people is not owned by the government. The military is actually much closer to socialism than food stamps are. The food the military receives is owned by the government.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #206
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Well, the definition doesn't address the topic, does it? A socialist government (China, Cuba, Soviet Union) and socialistic programs (found in the U.S. and Western Europe) are two seperate issues. Your definition focuses on governance. Or is a retiree of Time Warner Cable a product of "political philosophy" or a victim of "social ownership?" The food stamp receiver is owned by the government. The retiree is not. The notion of retiring is actually more capitalist than socialist because it deals with the reward of labor.


    You are trying to make a military retiree the same as a 24 year old food stamp case just to justify a socialistic government. The two are seperate and you know this.
    You are just making **** up. Your desperation to spin is kinda telling. A government run retirement program is the same as a food stamps program in that they are both socialist programs. That does not mean the programs are the same value, benefit the same people, or are alike in any other way. I understand your kneejerk reaction to the word socialist, you have bought into the propaganda that socialism = bad, which is sold mostly by people on Medicare and Social Security.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #207
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are just making **** up........
    .......................................

    It is a long tactic of Liberals (especially Leftists) to use our military to justify handouts to the rest and thereby an altered path from capitalism to socialism. In the end, retirees earn their benefits no matter what the company. Social programs offerred to people who make bad decisions in life are a seperate issue. Or did that teacher, who taught for thirty years earn her retirement the same way a welfare commando earned his?

    And I don't buy into anything. I read. I didn't vote for Obama or Bush and I don't see Romney as any better. What did you buy into? You being "very liberal" means what....anything the Democrats sell?
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-31-12 at 11:54 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #208
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    But the food being bought by the people is not owned by the government. The military is actually much closer to socialism than food stamps are. The food the military receives is owned by the government.
    The government is a company for the military. Secretaries for civilian firms use paper that is supplied by the company. A handout? After their contracted careers are over that company will pay them their agreed upon retirment pay. Just because my company is a government doesn't mean a socialistic event in the manner in which you wish it. What exactly does a single 24 year old mom of 4 do to earn a handout that comes from social programs? Where's the contract? Where's the earn?

    Incidentally, Soviet soldiers, who received retirements for serving their government (or company) were very different from the civilian masses who merely lined up for government bread. The attempt to make it the same insults.
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-31-12 at 11:53 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  9. #209
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    The government is a company for the military. Secretaries for civilian firms use paper that is supplied by the company. A handout? After their contracted careers are over that company will pay them their agreed upon retirment pay. Just because my company is a government doesn't mean a socialistic event in the manner in which you wish it. What exactly does a single 24 year old mom of 4 do to earn a handout that comes from social programs? Where's the contract? Where's the earn?

    Incidentally, Soviet soldiers, who received retirements for serving their government (or company) were very different from the civilian masses who merely lined up for government bread. The attempt to make it the same insults.
    Did I say they actually were the same? No. I said the military, particularly certain parts, is more like socialism than food stamps. I know how the military works and I know how it is very much like a job. There are some differences though between being in the military and any other job in the US. No other jobs can mandate how far away a person can travel when they aren't at work. No other jobs can mandate many of the activities a person can and cannot be involved in and have violations of those things result not just in firing, but in imprisonment.

    Food stamps is more like providing a needy family with charity. Only those who wish to apply and actually need the help can get food stamps. It is not required that everyone use food stamps or even that food stamps only be used in some government owned stores. If the government doesn't provide help to some people who need it, then they will likely turn to less legal means of acquiring what they need and all of society suffers from that.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #210
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

    Retirement programs funded by your employer, including military, are DEFERRED COMPENSATION, or IOW, an EARNED entitlement.....
    That is not socialism.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •