View Poll Results: Is using a taser to arrest a noncoperative but nonviolent person "excessive force"

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, always

    15 26.79%
  • Depends, sometimes yes, sometimes no

    26 46.43%
  • No, tasers are acceptable if a person is not cooperating

    13 23.21%
  • Don't know

    2 3.57%
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 317

Thread: Taser Use

  1. #301
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and you got a simple answer.
    It was more like an answer from a simpleton...

  2. #302
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not sympathetic to her, but that is not really the question. The question is whether using a taser is excessive force to aid in arresting a nonviolent, noncooperative suspect.
    they probably should have maced her first

    taser is one step up in the hierarchy of weaponry

    of course years ago she'd been smacked across the shin with a PR-24 or a billy club or slapped in the face with a "sap glove"

  3. #303
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    It was more like an answer from a simpleton...
    consider my audience
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #304
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    consider my audience
    Yep Ikari . You two should get a room....

  5. #305
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Yep Ikari . You two should get a room....
    you're just butthurt because he made you look foolish and I rubbed your nose in it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #306
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Taser Use

    For those interested: US top court refuses to review Taser gun use by cops - Yahoo! News

    Tuesday's decision by the prestigious nine-member panel follows a ruling by the US Ninth Court of Appeals that determined the defendent officers "did not violate (a) clearly established law" but did indeed use "excessive force."
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #307
    User rocket boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    columbus, oh
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    41

    Re: Taser Use

    Is using a taser to arrest a noncoperative but nonviolent person "excessive force"
    No, tasers are acceptable if a person is not cooperating.
    i understand the possible health implications of being tased,
    but it seems like theres more possibility for harm
    trying to over-power and subdue someone physically.
    the person always has the option of cooperating and avoiding either one.
    ' ... i disagree with you ... but im pretty sure youre not hitler ... '
    - jon stewart -

  8. #308
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket boy View Post
    No, tasers are acceptable if a person is not cooperating.
    i understand the possible health implications of being tased,
    but it seems like theres more possibility for harm
    trying to over-power and subdue someone physically.
    the person always has the option of cooperating and avoiding either one.
    "You are free, to do as we tell you!" - Bill Hicks
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they probably should have maced her first

    taser is one step up in the hierarchy of weaponry

    of course years ago she'd been smacked across the shin with a PR-24 or a billy club or slapped in the face with a "sap glove"
    Or they could have just mailed her the ticket with an additional fine if they saw fit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #310
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Taser Use

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Thats a good ruling...the court wont review the use of tasers because its been demonstrated they are actually safer than past methods of forced compliance...like pepper spray...batons and outright physical restraint. However, excessive force can be used no matter what the means of restraint are.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •