View Poll Results: Is this ad fair?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfectly Fair

    19 76.00%
  • Borderline fair

    4 16.00%
  • Unfair

    2 8.00%
  • Dunno

    0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Is This Ad Fair?

  1. #31
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I think you guys are getting confused... I'm sure most/all of these clips were said before the primary when all of these candidates were still running.
    That's what I thought as well.

    As someone already said, all's fair in love and politics.

    Whether or not this ad is effective is another question. I think it's too choppy to be effective. I felt I was listening to one incomplete sentence after another. Had this been a short 30 second ad, the incomplete sentences may not have been so noticeable, but in a 2 minute clip they were.

  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Whether or not this ad is effective is another question. I think it's too choppy to be effective. I felt I was listening to one incomplete sentence after another. Had this been a short 30 second ad, the incomplete sentences may not have been so noticeable, but in a 2 minute clip they were.
    I find that an interesting, well thought out criticism. Now that you mention it, it is pretty bad in that way and flows poorly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Whether or not this ad is effective is another question. I think it's too choppy to be effective. I felt I was listening to one incomplete sentence after another. Had this been a short 30 second ad, the incomplete sentences may not have been so noticeable, but in a 2 minute clip they were.
    I agree this is a good comment. The ad did feel kind of choppy. Near the end I kind of felt "ok, ok, we get it".
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Ad Fair?

    Holy ****, liberal, conservative and centrist all come together to agree on something!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,597
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is This Ad Fair?

    Politics stink. So do politicians. If you run on a record of creating jobs and your own corporate experience, then bend over and take it like a man. It's perfectly fair.

    Then again, I'd also think it fair if there are ads proving that in 2008 Obama had not one lick of public service experience, and that once elected to any position he immediately started campaigning for the next step up without bothering to actually perform the job he'd been elected to do.... and pointing out how many times that inexperience has shown as he fumbled the past 3-1/2 years trying to learn some of what he should have already known when he pronounced himself qualified to be president.

    Clearly, I am not enamored with either of these guys.

  6. #36
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont think thats the intent of the OP though. Is it FAIR to run ads from your party opponents to attack you during the campaign?
    Sure its fair, just as using the persons OWN previous statements. This contest will be a battle of the flip-flops for sure. ;-)
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #37
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    Is this ad fair?

    Using a candidates rival's words against him is not only fair it is poetic in my opinion, even if they were poorly edited.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    Back when BushI and St. Ronald faced off, BushI called Ronnie's economic policies- 'voo-doo' economics. It stuck for a minute till Ronnie hugged BushI for the VP, it was interesting to say the least to see BushI back pedal.

    Perhaps the only lasting thing will be further refining the vulture capitalist comments to make a bumper sticker type attack slogan.

    Depending on how many scandals break about insider tip-offs, trading, leveraged buy-outs, collapsing investment schemes, the vulture capitalism tagline just might stick.

  9. #39
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    Any ad that is true is a fair ad...its ads that contain mistruths and lies and fabrications that are dirty ads in my opinion...I take ads that are truthful as informative ads....and that works for both sides.

    This ad is more than fair...because bain actually did this when romney was there...

    The 32-second ad targets Romney and Bain Capital for driving office supplies plant Ampad into bankruptcy and features former employee Loris Huffman, who worked at the company for 34 years before Romney's actions left her with no health care insurance.
    "I thought that I was going to retire from there. I had about two and a half years to go," says Huffman in the ad. "I was suddenly 60 years old. I had no health care and that’s scary. When Mitt Romney did that, he -- he made -- he made me sick."
    The ad is part of the pro-Obama super PAC's $4 million ad campaign devoted to exposing Romney's "real record" at Bain Capital.


    Priorities USA Action Ad Attacks Mitt Romney Over Bain Capital


    Now if this ad is a total fabrication...and romneys camp demonstates that...then the ad will go up in flames.

  10. #40
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Is This Add Fair?

    It's fair, but it's dishonest and manipulative.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •