View Poll Results: Do you think Obamacare should be repealed?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    40 50.63%
  • No

    39 49.37%
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 229

Thread: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Here's that word again. Believe. Do you think facts depend on your belief?
    This country is a free republic...........If you want everything handed to you on a silver platter then move to Cuba....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #72
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yes, I want it repealed.... but we desperately need some healthcare reform.


    Allowing interstate competition for healthcare insurance would be a nice start.
    The one type of reform you were able to come up with would never be enacted by Republicans in today's political climate.

  3. #73
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This country is a free republic...........If you want everything handed to you on a silver platter then move to Cuba....
    See, this is the problem. For those who haven't had the dubious pleasure of tuning in to am radio, you'd be astonished how every single news story is presented in terms of communism vs. freedom, liberals vs. conservatives. There are literally no gray areas in between, and no other angles to view an issue from. It's created a binary way of thinking that makes it impossible to discuss anything with these people.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The one type of reform you were able to come up with would never be enacted by Republicans in today's political climate.
    I think Republicans are open for any reasonable health plan.........The difference is Republicans want to pay for it, democrats don't care.......They know that they can get votes this way.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #75
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The one type of reform you were able to come up with would never be enacted by Republicans in today's political climate.
    I disagree with you in your characterization of the Republican's abilities...but I agree that type of reform would never be enacted...because the Democrats would never allow it.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #76
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I think Republicans are open for any reasonable health plan.........
    This has been consistently demonstrated to be untrue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The difference is Republicans want to pay for it, democrats don't care.......They know that they can get votes this way.
    Go back over the last couple years and read the news more carefully regarding the raising of the debt debacle. You'll see that Democrats wanted to raise taxes in addition to cutting spending in order to address the debt, which the Republicans did not want. So both parties agree that the debt is a problem, but not on how to address it.

    Of course, if you get your news entirely from right wing blogs, Fox News and am radio, it's certainly easy to understand why you would think Democrats don't care about the debt.

  7. #77
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I disagree with you in your characterization of the Republican's abilities...but I agree that type of reform would never be enacted...because the Democrats would never allow it.
    How would you see the government dealing with the lack of interstate competition? As I said to Goshin, I believe his idea is inarguable, but this has typically been the sort of solution that is tarnished as socialism/government interference.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    How would you see the government dealing with the lack of interstate competition? As I said to Goshin, I believe his idea is inarguable, but this has typically been the sort of solution that is tarnished as socialism/government interference.
    Ummm...

    Are you suggesting that allowing interstate competition is "socialism/government interference"?

    If so, how do you figure?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't even have to watch the video...toss the damned thing into the dumper...now.
    That's what I said.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #80
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Ummm...

    Are you suggesting that allowing interstate competition is "socialism/government interference"?
    Is that what I said?

    Also,

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    How would you see the government dealing with the lack of interstate competition?
    Last edited by Cardinal; 05-22-12 at 02:22 PM.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •