View Poll Results: Do you think Obamacare should be repealed?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    40 50.63%
  • No

    39 49.37%
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 229

Thread: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Uhh no I disagree with Obama on many issues. But the facts dont lie my right wing friend.



    Sure you do....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #62
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sure you do....
    I do..
    Just interested why you hate this piece of legislation so much when all the reasons why you hate it are just flat out false and lies...


  3. #63
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    I will say no only because I think that if it were to be repealed no president would ever try to tackle the issue again. I personally, being somewhat of a "socialist", would love to see universal healthcare, however, if Obamacare is repealed I don't think UH will ever be possible. On the other hand, I would say yes it should be repealed because after all it is every health insurance providers wet dream.. 30 million more customers.. why not.. I think it should be repealed and Obama should push harder for public option or single payer... buuut we all know the republicans in the house/senate would NEVER allow that to happen.
    Last edited by OnWisconsin; 05-21-12 at 11:58 PM.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  4. #64
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I do..
    Just interested why you hate this piece of legislation so much when all the reasons why you hate it are just flat out false and lies...
    Because I don't believe in socialism or crade to grave care....That is not what this country was founded on..........First it will be health care, then a job, then a free car to gt to the job, then a free home to live in, then free food..................Who is going to pay for all these freebies?

    Wow I see the poll has turned around quite a bit since I posted the national poll....that is great to see........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 05-22-12 at 12:52 AM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #65
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because I don't believe in socialism or crade to grave care....That is not what this country was founded on..........First it will be health care, then a job, then a free car to gt to the job, then a free home to live in, then free food..................Who is going to pay for all these freebies?

    Wow I see the poll has turned around quite a bit since I posted the national poll....that is great to see........
    Here's that word again. Believe. Do you think facts depend on your belief?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #66
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    See the highlighted text above.

    Who says that's what everyone wants?

    It's not what I want. I want everyone who wants healthcare to pay for their own healthcare. If they choose not to pay for their healthcare then they don't get it. It's kind of like buying a car...if they want a car they can pay for it...if they don't want to pay for a car then they don't get a car. If Obamacare were about cars, then everyone would have to buy a car...and if they can't afford a car, then I would have to help them buy one.
    I think owning cars and having access to healthcare are not comparable.

    I think by everyone, it means the majority ... perhaps ? ?

    I agree that Democracy has its problems in that the minority often has to go along, unwillingly, with the majority, but until we can find a way to fix that, we're stuck with it.... any proposals?
    Last edited by MusicAdventurer; 05-22-12 at 03:29 AM.

  7. #67
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I do..
    Just interested why you hate this piece of legislation so much when all the reasons why you hate it are just flat out false and lies...
    More hate obamacare than like it and the sole reason for most hating it...is the way it was rammed through. Seems everyone has forgotten the back door deals by the democrats. Nancy Pelosis glaring gloating face, telling america WE will have health care whether you like it or not and once its passed you will start to like it.?? wtf....The senators that were flat out BOUGHT to vote for obamacare.
    Obamacare is more hated for the process of passing it than the bill itself. Pelosi, "quote" We have to pass it to know whats in it...are we all retarded to her ?
    Sorry Liberals and Democrats...but you did this to yourselves...you made americans hate it. Now the end result is if its repealed its going to cost america just as much if not more to keep the status quo...of everyone with no insurance going to emergency rooms. In Fla my property taxs pay for Hospital Charity Care in my County...So im paying for the uninsured either way and so are all of us. We need healthcare reform but we are "NOT" going to get it any time soon, because the republican party will fight to the end to defend two things...the rich insurance companies and their profits and their donations...the rich from paying more for health care for "others" that dont have it...
    Theres a 50/50 chance it will be repealed , its all about one Supreme Court Justice again...we know how the others will vote and that tells me just how much this supreme court thing SUCKS. GODS for life appointed by partisans...heh

  8. #68
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Everybody who voted that it should be repealed under the notion that it could be replaced with universal health care is kidding themselves. Without another Democrat super majority there will be no more health care overhaul bills, much less UHC.

  9. #69
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Everybody who voted that it should be repealed under the notion that it could be replaced with universal health care is kidding themselves. Without another Democrat super majority there will be no more health care overhaul bills, much less UHC.
    Which is precisely why I voted no. I don't think Obamacare is the right answer, but I don't see much of a chance that we'll get a better one.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Doyou think Obamacare should be repealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yes, I want it repealed.... but we desperately need some healthcare reform.


    Allowing interstate competition for healthcare insurance would be a nice start.
    Better yet, IMO, our government should finance this, replacing the profit only driven insurance companies.
    But, is our government "up to this " responsibility ?

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •