View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #81
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    If you ignore the first sentence, he's pretty much on point.
    No, not really. Essentially, what he says is that it does exist but it's so small and unimportant that it's not worth worrying about or addressing, hence we should treat it as if it doesn't exist... which is a backhanded tacit form of approval.


    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Stupid questions invariably beget stupid threads.
    Which is why you participated, right?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #82
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I presented a link giving the many difintions so you would know exactly what I speak of.

    As to to the second, are sure it doesn't matter? hink about that for a minute. You you hate me due to my race, but can't do anything, who cares. I can go about life and never give you a second thought. But if you can do something, the metrics change. Now I do have to worry about you as my life is effected. Can you really argue there is no difference between the two?
    You're unnecessarily taking this to a completely different level. Racism is simply discrimination against a person, or persons, based on their race. That's it. That's all racism is, and by that, yes, non whites can be extremely racist as well.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    the are are some very dishonest people out there, who make the bull**** argument that blacks and other minorities in the USA cannot be racist nor express racism, because their people do not have enough power in the USA to enact institutionalized racism.

    we all know this is false. Not only do many communities, cities, and towns in this nation have substantial minority control and or input, but one man with a baseball bat or a gun....or one man who has the ability to hire & fire people...has the power to inflict racism upon someone due to his skin color.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    You're unnecessarily taking this to a completely different level. Racism is simply discrimination against a person, or persons, based on their race. That's it. That's all racism is, and by that, yes, non whites can be extremely racist as well.
    But can you discriminate without the power to discriminate?

    No, I don't think this is unnessary. To say that whites and miniorites face the same challenges is to lie. I think it is important to make distinctions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #85
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the are are some very dishonest people out there, who make the bull**** argument that blacks and other minorities in the USA cannot be racist nor express racism, because their people do not have enough power in the USA to enact institutionalized racism.
    I've come across the "I'm black, so I can't be racist" argument before. It's stupid, especially when told to a white kid that grew up in a primarily black neighborhood, such as myself.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    I've come across the "I'm black, so I can't be racist" argument before. It's stupid, especially when told to a white kid that grew up in a primarily black neighborhood, such as myself.
    To which I would respond (and have), but you can be a prejudice jerk. Smile, and go about my business, but there is nothing legal that person can do about it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    I've come across the "I'm black, so I can't be racist" argument before. It's stupid, especially when told to a white kid that grew up in a primarily black neighborhood, such as myself.
    its such an arrogant attitude, and it sickens me.

  8. #88
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the are are some very dishonest people out there, who make the bull**** argument that blacks and other minorities in the USA cannot be racist nor express racism, because their people do not have enough power in the USA to enact institutionalized racism.

    we all know this is false. Not only do many communities, cities, and towns in this nation have substantial minority control and or input, but one man with a baseball bat or a gun....or one man who has the ability to hire & fire people...has the power to inflict racism upon someone due to his skin color.
    It's not that it doesn't exist, it is that people try to equate it to racism against blacks and hispanics. As if since there are racists of all races, it much just be a wash and nobody is getting hit any harder by racism than anybody else, it is just that blacks and hispanics complain about it more. But the reality is not like that at all. In reality the type and degree of racism blacks and hispanics experience is orders of magnitude worse than anything whites experience. To even compare the two is insulting. It's like somebody who got in a bar fight once telling a combat veteran that he doesn't see why he is making such a big deal about fighting, he was in a fight too and it was no big deal.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  9. #89
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But can you discriminate without the power to discriminate?
    I faced considerable discrimination in high school because I was the wrong color in the wrong part of town. You going to sit there and tell me that the staff of a school didn't have power, just because we had a white man in office at the time?

    No, I don't think this is unnessary. To say that whites and miniorites face the same challenges is to lie. I think it is important to make distinctions.
    I'm saying non whites can be, and in many cases, are just as racist as you perceive us to be.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    I faced considerable discrimination in high school because I was the wrong color in the wrong part of town. You going to sit there and tell me that the staff of a school didn't have power, just because we had a white man in office at the time?
    So did I, and yes, I will tell you no one exercised any power against me. None. And when I went to look for a job, or sought service or looked later to rent, no one looked at me and made excuses. There is a real difference.

    I'm saying non whites can be, and in many cases, are just as racist as you perceive us to be.
    I do not think they have the power overall to effect the white race, especially the white male. There is no societal or institutionally accept way for them to do this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •