View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What actual definition of racism are you talking about? Are you talking about some lib-tard racist definition of the word or are you talking about the actual definition of racism?
    Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com




    If you mistreat or discriminate against someone because of their race or believe that your race is superior to other races it doesn't who is in power because it is still racism.
    I presented a link giving the many difintions so you would know exactly what I speak of.

    As to to the second, are sure it doesn't matter? hink about that for a minute. You you hate me due to my race, but can't do anything, who cares. I can go about life and never give you a second thought. But if you can do something, the metrics change. Now I do have to worry about you as my life is effected. Can you really argue there is no difference between the two?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    They are the same thing, because what people don't understand-- whether they're on top or on bottom-- is that fortunes change. A man who is evil in the gutters will still be just as evil in the heavens... and some men are destined to rise to power regardless of their humble beginnings. Evil is evil and it must be stamped out wherever it resides.
    May change. But that only means who fits the difinition is different and not that the diffition is wrong. All men are capable of evil, true, and being racists, but how they fit the diffinition at any point in time may be different. The powerless are not equal to the powerful, even if one day the role MAY reverse.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The powerless are not equal to the powerful, even if one day the role MAY reverse.
    This is the opposite of a tautology, whatever the hell that's called.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    This is the opposite of a tautology, whatever the hell that's called.
    Oxymoron.

    But no. To fit the diffinition, you must currently hold the power. The definition rest with the power, not the race.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #75
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I presented a link giving the many difintions so you would know exactly what I speak of.
    Stupid lib-tard racist definition of racism is not a actual definition of racism. Thats why its not in actual credible dictionary.

    These are the only actual definition of racism.If it doesn't meet those criteria then it is not racism.
    Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com
    1.
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2.
    a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3.
    hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

    As to to the second, are sure it doesn't matter? hink about that for a minute. You you hate me due to my race, but can't do anything, who cares. I can go about life and never give you a second thought. But if you can do something, the metrics change. Now I do have to worry about you as my life is effected. Can you really argue there is no difference between the two?

    Again it doesn't what you can and can't do about it, racism is still racism. If someone who is black says they hate all white people then they are just as racist as someone who is white and says they hate all black people.Who ever is in power is totally irrelevant to the definition of racism.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #76
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Stupid lib-tard racist definition of racism is not a actual definition of racism. Thats why its not in actual credible dictionary.

    These are the only actual definition of racism.If it doesn't meet those criteria then it is not racism.
    Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com
    1.
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2.
    a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3.
    hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.




    Again it doesn't what you can and can't do about it, racism is still racism. If someone who is black says they hate all white people then they are just as racist as someone who is white and says they hate all black people.Who ever is in power is totally irrelevant to the definition of racism.
    See number 2 in your post. This is the one that applies to what I gave you.

    I only ask to make a distinction. This worries you so much not because you want clarity, but because you don't want to recognize abuse of societal power, thus allowing you to say poor, poor white mad. That's the aprt I just don't accept. I have never had to worry about any policy, system of government or doctrine that discriminated against me due to my race. This is the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #77
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    And yet you didn't offer any counterarguments.
    No, I didn't. Point?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #78
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    See number 2 in your post. This is the one that applies to what I gave you.

    I only ask to make a distinction. This worries you so much not because you want clarity, but because you don't want to recognize abuse of societal power, thus allowing you to say poor, poor white mad. That's the aprt I just don't accept. I have never had to worry about any policy, system of government or doctrine that discriminated against me due to my race. This is the point.
    Number 1, however, corresponds to his (and my) definition of racism. As I said before, I would call #1 personal racism and #2 institutional racism. I think that's a reasonable way to distinguish between the two. If you want to just call #2 racism, then #1 would have to be known as something like "racial prejudice," which is still bad. However, the set of definitions he found do all apply to the word "racism." I think it's reasonable that they do.

    Don't you think the terms "personal racism" and "institutional racism" are sufficient to make the difference clear?

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    um.....OF COURSE anti-white racism exists!!!!!

  10. #80
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Number 1, however, corresponds to his (and my) definition of racism. As I said before, I would call #1 personal racism and #2 institutional racism. I think that's a reasonable way to distinguish between the two. If you want to just call #2 racism, then #1 would have to be known as something like "racial prejudice," which is still bad. However, the set of definitions he found do all apply to the word "racism." I think it's reasonable that they do.

    Don't you think the terms "personal racism" and "institutional racism" are sufficient to make the difference clear?
    And I said there was more than one difinition and asked which one were we using. Instead of saying we're using this one, the response was there is only mine and no other. Then he post multiple difinitions. Can you see this?

    As for your second question, you are closer to what I think, but I think there is more to it. My personal prejudice is largely meaningless if there is institutions to support it. I believe there are no institutions that support prejudice against white males. And while I would agree with you that personal prejudice is bad overall, it is largely a bad that holds next to no power.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •