View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    -snip-
    Cmakaioz provided no succinct scientific data when civilly asked.

    If your words aren't grounded in reality or validity, then they mean nothing.

  2. #272
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    I visited Guam and loved it there. People were really friendly and didn't care that I'm white and have auburn hair. Some of the racist attacks in Hawaii, believe it or not, included hostility toward my hair color. I agree with you. I felt better respected in Guam than in Hawaii.

    You did a great job rebutting the nonsense of "white privilege" in Hawaii.
    Factual question: are "white" people, on the aggregate, financially and politically better off than nonwhite people in Hawai'i?

    Answer: Yes, they are. Hence, there is white privilege, not "white privilege", in Hawai'i. It is empirically demonstrable and pervasive. It's also obvious to anyone who grasps fundamental ideas like isolation of the variable under study.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  3. #273
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Cmakaioz provided no succinct scientific data when civilly asked.

    If your words aren't grounded in reality or validity, then they mean nothing.
    And Wake continues to make Cmakaioz's point by asking for scientific data to resolve a logical problem
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #274
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm asking you to provide me the scientific data. Repeatedly you have refused for some reason.

    If you shared with me the succinct data I would study it and possibly understand it as undeniable fact.

    You are not doing an effective job at persuading people to your cause. Doing that in the realm of debate is like shooting yourself in the foot. I prefer accuracy over most people, including you. Please provide the scientific data. If you do I will read and consider it. What's offensive is a negative attitude and the repeated inability to provide proof and data to bolster your claims.
    Which of the serial failures of logic are you requesting "data" for?:

    your sloppy confusion of facts vs. opinion?
    your multiple counts of insisting that "race" must be biologically real in order for racISM to be real?
    or that there is such a thing as antiwhite racism?


    The first is a fundamental failure of logic generally, so no amount of facts will make any difference.

    The second is disproven by the easy and common observation that people are capable of being mistaken; thus there is no requirement that one must have accurate information in order to take action...people routinely act upon false or mistaken information. If you want to get more specific than that, you're welcome to visit the appropriate thread(s) where that issue is actually the topic (done here, it would be a derail).

    The third claim has already been demonstrated here, by Luna Tick, who has articulated instances of being on the receiving end of antiwhite racism. Unless you're denying his experience outright, that's already enough demonstration of the fact that there exist one or more persons on earth who subscribe to racism and behave in a racist manner against people assigned as "white."

    You clear yet, or have you found some other way of further adding to your mountain of Fail?
    Last edited by cmakaioz; 05-31-12 at 08:20 PM.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  5. #275
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    Which of the serial failure of logic are you requesting data for:

    your sloppy confusion of facts vs. opinion?
    your multiple counts of insisting that "race" must be biologically real in order for racISM to be real?
    or that there is such a thing as antiwhite racism?


    The first is a fundamental failure of logic generally, so no amount of facts will make any difference.

    The second is disproven by the easy and common observation that people are capable of being mistaken; thus there is no requirement that one must have accurate information in order to take action...people routinely act upon false or mistaken information. If you want to get more specific than that, you're welcome to visit the appropriate thread(s) where that issue is actually the topic (done here, it would be a derail).

    The third claim has already been demonstrated here, by Luna Tick, who has articulated instances of being on the receiving end of antiwhite racism. Unless you're denying his experience outright, that's already enough demonstration of the fact that there exist one or more persons on earth who subscribe to racism and behave in a racist manner against people assigned as "white."

    You clear yet, or have you found some other way of further adding to your mountain of Fail?
    #1 is a logical question, which can't be proven with facts
    #2 is also a logical question, which can't be proven with facts
    #3 is a question of fact, but if Wake can't comprehend #2, no facts can convince him that it exists when he is unable to understand the logic of its' existence

    And yet, he keeps asking for facts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    of facts vs. opinion?
    insisting that "race" must be biologically real in order for racISM to be real?
    or that there is such a thing as antiwhite racism?


    The first is a fundamental failure of logic generally, so no amount of facts will make any difference.

    The second is disproven by the easy and common observation that people are capable of being mistaken; thus there is no requirement that one must have accurate information in order to take action...people routinely act upon false or mistaken information. If you want to get more specific than that, you're welcome to visit the appropriate thread(s) where that issue is actually the topic (done here, it would be a derail).

    The third claim has already been demonstrated here, by Luna Tick, who has articulated instances of being on the receiving end of antiwhite racism. Unless you're denying his experience outright, that's already enough demonstration of the fact that there exist one or more persons on earth who subscribe to racism and behave in a racist manner against people assigned as "white."
    I'm asking you to show me where and how race doesn't exist. When I ask you that, you respond like a novice, berating me by assuming I don't know the difference between facts and opinions. Since I asking you for proof as to why race doesn't exist, you should have the courtesy to provide proof to back up your claim. Otherwise I'd have to ignore you and search scholarly articles instead, since you seem incapable of proving your claim in this thread.

    You probably assumed that I think that if race doesn't exist, that the hypothetical man-made construct we call "racism" cannot exist either. That would be one of your mistakes. Nowhere did I say anti-white racism does not exist. It does.

    It is poor form in debate to make a claim and then, when questioned, turn around and say that person is committing a failure of logic, while also not providing even some facts. That tells me that you may not know exactly what you are talking about. You may not be able to provide evidence for your claim, seeing that you have avoided doing so over 4 times. It may be true that you have the capacity to do so, but then it becomes a lack of wisdom in you not providing facts for others to consider your calim. By using this sort of intellectually destructive behavior you spur people from listening to you, or thinking you have any credibilty. No one really wants to consider the claims of a rude person.

    It's true that people are capable of making mistakes. Both of us are just two examples of this line of thought. The only thing I care about from you at this very moment is for you to provide some workable data for your claim that race does not exist. Otherwise, if you aren't able to do so, why would you respond to me in the first place in this thread. It's a sign of weakness to confront someone else's argument, and then refuse to provide the necessary scientific data that makes your argument valid. No, instead you appear as a spectacle:someone who makes a dire claim while refusing to provide data. I would treat you thew same as, say, any Birther who said Obama wasn't born in America, yet refused to offer tangible data. I have no need for that.

    Nowhere did I say people can't be targetted by anti-white racism, or that it does not exist. That's irrelevant.

  7. #277
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm asking you to show me where and how race doesn't exist.
    That has already been asked and answered. As cmakaioz already noted

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Wow, 77 vs 3 voters, @ 5/30/2012.

    The issue needn't be complicated. Assuming race exists all races can be targetted by the racism of other races.
    And in this post of yours, even you acknowledge that the existence of race is just an assumption, not a scientific fact.

    Now you want scientific proof.
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1...w=1402&bih=710
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That has already been asked and answered. As cmakaioz already noted



    And in this post of yours, even you acknowledge that the existence of race is just an assumption, not a scientific fact.
    I don't believe Cmakaioz has explained it well enough. If he believes he has in this threads, he's done so in a very obscure way.

    Race may exist. It may not. Assuming race does exist then obviously they can be targetted by racism. Even if race doesn't exist, they can still be targetted by this notion we've termed "racism."

    Is there any empirical scientific data that race does or doesn't exist? Why do black people have darker skin to protect from UV rays? Why is it that some Asians supposedly are unable to digest milk well? If race does not exist then why does it seem that there are some large groups of people that have a higher average of certain traits than others, like skin color?

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Well, at least you provided a general link to the scholarly articles I was reading earlier. Thanks.

    I was more wanting to hear Cma's concise reasoning why he believe race doesn't exist. It's that simple.

  10. #280
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I don't believe Cmakaioz has explained it well enough.
    Cmakaioz didn't EXPLAIN anything. Instead, links to scientific reports written by scientists were posted and quoted. If you're demanding that Cmakaioz explain the science to you, instead of you just reading it, it raises the question of why you can't just read the reports and understand them.

    Race may exist. It may not. Assuming race does exist then obviously they can be targetted by racism. Even if race doesn't exist, they can still be targetted by this notion we've termed "racism."
    Like many words in the english language, words can have many different meanings. The word race has a meaning, however it has no scientific validity. That's not a maybe, or maybe not. Race, as a scientific concept, does not exist

    Is there any empirical scientific data that race does or doesn't exist? Why do black people have darker skin to protect from UV rays? Why is it that some Asians supposedly are unable to digest milk well? If race does not exist then why does it seem that there are some large groups of people that have a higher average of certain traits than others, like skin color?
    1) Yes, it does not exist as a scientific concept
    2) Some "black" people have lighter skin than some "white" people
    3) Most people develop some degree of lactose intolerance as they age
    4) It's called "evolution"......learn it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •