View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #251
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Nah. It's a very close question really. Technically, does it exist in the small r sense of "racism" to mean hostility towards somebody on the basis of the color of their skin, yes. Absolutely it does.

    But, does it exist in the big, sociological, societal, sense of white people being oppressed because of the color of their skin? Of course not. Very much the opposite. Does it exist in a meaningful way where we should be seriously concerned about it? Or is it just a distraction from the real problem of racism against blacks and Hispanics? Obviously it's just a distraction.

    Personally I haven't voted because IMO the question is ambiguous. You could interpret it either way, so either answer could be correct.
    Fair enough. My post was more of a joke though, I of course do not mean to say those 3 people are racist.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  2. #252
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Neither my father nor my mother inherited any such 'privileges', except your imagined privilege of being born poor and white. My father was born in 1922 and lived poor near Omaha, NE until he dropped out of school and joined the U.S. army, later fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, my mother was born in 1919 and lived poor in San Antonio, TX, until the death of her father (she was then age 9), then shipped off to live with an aunt in FL, eventually worked as filing/typing clerk in DC war office during WWII. My parents met in 1950, near DC, married and had three children, we then moved around the world and country a bit, as service families do. My parents inherited no money or property at all, as I am unlikey too either. What little they have, they have earned, have harmed no one in the process, have served their country well and owe no such debt as a result, nor do I. If you feel guilty, then perhaps you are. I feel no guilt or debt for any past sins, real or imagined, of others before me in my family.
    Liberals don't feel guilty, they are motivated by a desire to make other people feel guilty, enforceable by law. It's an elitist power play disguised as a morality play.
    Last edited by PrometheusBound; 05-30-12 at 03:30 PM.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  3. #253
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Nah. It's a very close question really. Technically, does it exist in the small r sense of "racism" to mean hostility towards somebody on the basis of the color of their skin, yes. Absolutely it does.

    But, does it exist in the big, sociological, societal, sense of white people being oppressed because of the color of their skin? Of course not. Very much the opposite. Does it exist in a meaningful way where we should be seriously concerned about it? Or is it just a distraction from the real problem of racism against blacks and Hispanics? Obviously it's just a distraction.

    Personally I haven't voted because IMO the question is ambiguous. You could interpret it either way, so either answer could be correct.
    The majority of White people are unfairly oppressed because of their class. Their oppressors invented this White Shame in order to further oppress them. The rulers passed the Civil Rights laws against the will of the majority not to help minorities, but solely to make the majority feel powerless. Once that resigned submission to anti-majority rule was created, the ruling few could pass economic laws to further oppress the majority.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    The majority of White people are unfairly oppressed because of their class.....
    thank God we have the National Association for the Advancement of White People, to look after our interests.

    NAAWP.ORG

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Wow, 77 vs 3 voters, @ 5/30/2012.

    The issue needn't be complicated. Assuming race exists all races can be targetted by the racism of other races.

  6. #256
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Wow, 77 vs 3 voters, @ 5/30/2012.
    The poll result is completely irrelevant, as this is not a matter of opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    The issue needn't be complicated.
    When addressed honestly and accurately, it isn't complicated. When a factual matter is framed as a matter of opinion, however, such a framing helps to poison and undermine discussion of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Assuming race exists all races can be targetted by the racism of other races.
    For the upteenth time:

    "Race" doesn't need to be real (concrete, biological) for people to ACT as if it is. Anyone can indeed be targeted by ideological racism, and the biological UNreality of "race" does nothing to prevent that. The SOCIAL reality of "race" is more than enough ammunition to support all manner of racist delusion.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    (1) The poll result is completely irrelevant, as this is not a matter of opinion.



    (2) When addressed honestly and accurately, it isn't complicated. When a factual matter is framed as a matter of opinion, however, such a framing helps to poison and undermine discussion of it.

    (3) "Race" doesn't need to be real (concrete, biological) for people to ACT as if it is. Anyone can indeed be targeted by ideological racism, and the biological UNreality of "race" does nothing to prevent that. The SOCIAL reality of "race" is more than enough ammunition to support all manner of racist delusion.
    (1) But that would be your opinion.

    (2) If you want your opinion to be more understood, you should be succinct, concise.

    (3) There doesn't seem to be many people in this forum who share your opinion. If you show me the exact undeniable scientific evidence then you may likely gain another person to this particular point of view.

    Then again, if race does not exist, then neither does good and evil, right and wrong, being straight/bi-sexual/homosexual, justice, etc, etc, etc. Assuming they're just ideas. Constructs.

  8. #258
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (1) But that would be your opinion.
    No, it isn't. It's not ANYONE's opinion. It is a fact that there exist one or more people who act AS IF "race" is real, and do so in a way which involves treating negatively at least some people socially assigned as "white". This remains true regardless of how anyone feels about it.

    If you deny the fundamental difference between fact and opinion, then go shoot yourself in the head...after all, by your presumed standard it's only an opinion that most people who shoot themselves in the head die from it, so you should be just fine. After all, you don't have to accept their opinion, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (2) If you want your opinion to be more understood, you should be succinct, concise.
    It's not an opinion. Also, even with factual matters, after decades of discussion on "race," I have observed that being concise is not a reliable predictor of whether or not one will be accurately understood, or whether the relevant facts will be acknowledged.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    (3) There doesn't seem to be many people in this forum who share your opinion.
    Fact, not opinion...and facts are not popularity contests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    If you show me the exact undeniable scientific evidence then you may likely gain another person to this particular point of view.
    Show you the exact evidence demonstrating that there exist one or more people on earth who subscribe to racist ideology as demonstrated by racist hostility against "white" people?!? Examples abound... for an easy example (since by your previous posts you have a pattern of not doing much work towards finding things out yourself), talk to Luna Tick...he's experienced it himself. If you don't believe him, you're calling him a liar...and you two can hash out that mess yourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Then again, if race does not exist, then neither does good and evil, right and wrong,
    As a matter of fact -- in the context of referring to concrete instantiation (i.e. finding some kind of literal substance or material that is "race") -- yes, good and evil are also NOT tangible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    being straight/bi-sexual/homosexual, justice, etc, etc, etc. Assuming they're just ideas. Constructs.
    The difference between "race" being real in the sense of being tangible vs. "race" being real in a social sense has been explained dozens of times in various threads here. Were you not around for at least one of those, or do you truly not understand what was discussed?
    Last edited by cmakaioz; 05-30-12 at 06:52 PM.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    No, it isn't. It's not ANYONE's opinion. It is a fact that there exist one or more people who act AS IF "race" is real, and do so in a way which involves treating negatively at least some people socially assigned as "white". This remains true regardless of how anyone feels about it.
    If it is not opinion but fact, then provide me the scientific data. If you do that, it's likely I'll adopt that notion. I'm under no obligation to believe any person when their only reason is "because it's not opinion but fact."

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    If you deny the fundamental difference between fact and opinion, then go shoot yourself in the head...after all, by your presumed standard it's only an opinion that most people who shoot themselves in the head die from it, so you should be just fine. After all, you don't have to accept their opinion, right?
    You err. People are not going to be receptive if you speak like that. I understand the very meanings of "fact" and "opinion." That is not the issue. The issue right now is you providing the scientific data required in persuading others to take you seriously. Will you or will you not do that?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    It's not an opinion. Also, even with factual matters, after decades of discussion on "race," I have observed that being concise is not a reliable predictor of whether or not one will be accurately understood, or whether the relevant facts will be acknowledged.
    If it's not opinion but fact then show why. Provide the necessary data. I can understand anything so long as you make it brief and succinct, and solid in terms of undeniable fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    Fact, not opinion...and facts are not popularity contests.
    Then please prove it is fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    Show you the exact evidence demonstrating that there exist one or more people on earth who subscribe to racist ideology as demonstrated by racist hostility against "white" people?!? Examples abound... for an easy example (since by your previous posts you have a pattern of not doing much work towards finding things out yourself), talk to Luna Tick...he's experienced it himself. If you don't believe him, you're calling him a liar...and you two can hash out that mess yourselves.
    Oh, I know there exist people who think race exists and use it to be "racist." That's unquestionable. That's not the issue. You say race does not exist, so it would be appreciated if you were to provide the valid data showing, absolutely, why.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    As a matter of fact -- in the context of referring to concrete instantiation (i.e. finding some kind of literal substance or material that is "race") -- yes, good and evil are also NOT tangible.
    Good & evil and right & wrong are man-made hypothetical structures.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmakaioz View Post
    The difference between "race" being real in the sense of being tangible vs. "race" being real in a social sense has been explained dozens of times in various threads here. Were you not around for at least one of those, or do you truly not understand what was discussed?
    It doesn't feel that you addressed the issue of "straight," "bisexual," and "homosexual." If "race" does not exist then neither do those three, justice, etc, because none of them can be observed under a microscope, like empirical data can. As for "human sexuality," it's like that the animal caled homo sapien, well, some mate to populate the planet and some don't.

  10. #260
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    The majority of White people are unfairly oppressed because of their class. Their oppressors invented this White Shame in order to further oppress them. The rulers passed the Civil Rights laws against the will of the majority not to help minorities, but solely to make the majority feel powerless. Once that resigned submission to anti-majority rule was created, the ruling few could pass economic laws to further oppress the majority.
    This is total crazy talk. Just FYI.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •