View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #171
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    It is pc, feel good garbage, because most people don't know the difference.
    So, we should accept something because people are too dumb to make the distinction? Is this really what you're arguing? Dumb down knowledge, play to lowest common denominator?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, we should accept something because people are too dumb to make the distinction? Is this really what you're arguing? Dumb down knowledge, play to lowest common denominator?
    Exactly. The idea that because people "don't know the difference" is a reason to perpetuate the myth that they buy into is preposterous and sad.

  3. #173
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    It is pc, feel good garbage, because most people don't know the difference.
    Oh ok...so let's threaten people's lives by catering to their ignorance, then...that's a fabulous idea.

    You DO get that this is not some benign case of simple ignorance of technical information, right? For example, racist medical research, in which prescription drugs are marketed on a racist basis despite absolutely no evidence to support the claim that a medication is especially beneficial to people imagined to be of a certain "race" -- leading to false expectations of efficacy for some and lack of FDA approval for general use for others -- that's just no big deal.

    Clearly, we shouldn't point out the fundamental errors and ignorance of science in such issues...because after all, people don't know the difference.
    Last edited by cmakaioz; 05-21-12 at 08:06 PM.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    PC? My view is it sounds like something liberally lifted out of a Sociology 101 course notes...
    So they teach that in sociology 101... thanks for confirming my own point.

    my you just might have to fall over and die.

    Awaiting your ockham dodge attack...

  5. #175
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That is false.
    Race is biologically real.

    It's just that it doesn't matter in terms of valuing people.
    And exactly what are those "biologically real" differences between the races?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And exactly what are those "biologically real" differences between the races?
    Bro.... relax... the country is flipping because white people are only 49.5% of the population as of last week...

    I'm gonna sit here and chew bubblegum and watch racists cannibalize themselves...

  7. #177
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Blacks in the U.S. are generally descendants of sub Saharan Africans.
    So that's not entirely meaningless.
    It can help with disease detection, treatment and prevention.

    Telling people that race isn't biological is stupid, in my opinion, because most people don't know the difference between the different definitions.
    Then they take it as "racist" when you say that it does exist.

    That's why I say it's pc garbage.
    Actually, it's science, which explains why a libertarian would consider if pc garbage

    That some diseases are highly correlated with certain *ethnicities* does not make race "biologically" real of meaningful. If you want to claim differently, then please specify exactly what the biological difference is between members of one race and members of another race.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually, it's science, which explains why a libertarian would consider if pc garbage

    That some diseases are highly correlated with certain *ethnicities* does not make race "biologically" real of meaningful. If you want to claim differently, then please specify exactly what the biological difference is between members of one race and members of another race.
    Dey looks brown...

    dey is anudder race...

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Another thread solved...

  10. #180
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And exactly what are those "biologically real" differences between the races?
    There are biological races in the human species. They just aren't distinguished by things like skin color. In fact, two people of the same skin color can be of completely different races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •