View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    If race is a social construct, explain the genetic differences between sub Saharan Africans and aboriginal Australians.

    Your argument is feel good, pc garbage.
    Actually, it's an argument that's been reinforced by much of the "geneticist community." I'd hardly consider them proponents of feel good PC garbage. There are certainly differences in genetics that can be traced to location, but distinct racial categories as we talk about them are not biologically real. Sorry.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    That depends on how you define race.


    Is Race Real? - Op-Ed - NYTimes.com
    Race is really based on local population.
    Black, white, etc, defined by American census standards, is a poor measurement of race.

    Race is not biologically meaningless.
    It can help identify disease prevalence and other things inherent in some races.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #163
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Actually, it's an argument that's been reinforced by much of the "geneticist community." I'd hardly consider them proponents of feel good PC garbage. There are certainly differences in genetics that can be traced to location, but distinct racial categories as we talk about them are not biologically real. Sorry.
    Using the generic white, black, asian.
    They are right.

    Using the more specific localization, they're wrong.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #164
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Race is really based on local population.
    Black, white, etc, defined by American census standards, is a poor measurement of race.
    Which is exactly why "race is a social construct" is an entirely accurate statement and not "feel good, PC garbage." There are, in fact, genetic markers based on location that hold useful information. However, "race" as it is defined by most people is not a real, genetic thing.

    Race is not biologically meaningless.
    It can help identify disease prevalence and other things inherent in some races.
    Within the context of this thread and likely within the context MK's post, it is biologically meaningless which is why I said, "it depends on how you define it."

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Using the generic white, black, asian.
    They are right.

    Using the more specific localization, they're wrong.
    And in this entire thread, as I'm sure you know, we've been talking about the generic white, black, etc. which is how race is usually defined by most people. Perhaps you should clarified that you were transitioning into the latter definition before you called the accurate label of social construct "feel good, pc garbage."

  6. #166
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Race is a false social construct of western imperialist societies over the last 500 years...

    Hence I said no.

    Sure there is racism against 'whites'... from a legal framework...

    But not if you want to get technical about what 'race' is...
    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    And do minorities profess genetic superiority?

    ...?

    (no, because 'race' is a construct of western European society)

    ...circles... round and round we go.
    Wow. Just... wow. There's just no where to go with that. How does one debate logically against points that are so completely illogical? At best, you are demonstrating a complete lack of knowledge of history, as differing peoples have been trying to oppress other peoples since the beginning of time... way before western society was even anything resembling a society of its own.

    *facepalm*
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Which is exactly why "race is a social construct" is an entirely accurate statement and not "feel good, PC garbage." There are, in fact, genetic markers based on location that hold useful information. However, "race" as it is defined by most people is not a real, genetic thing.
    Blacks in the U.S. are generally descendants of sub Saharan Africans.
    So that's not entirely meaningless.
    It can help with disease detection, treatment and prevention.

    Telling people that race isn't biological is stupid, in my opinion, because most people don't know the difference between the different definitions.
    Then they take it as "racist" when you say that it does exist.

    That's why I say it's pc garbage.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Within the context of this thread and likely within the context MK's post, it is biologically meaningless which is why I said, "it depends on how you define it."
    MK was trying to get me to say something inflammatory about minorities being inferior.
    Likely because he doesn't know the difference in what I'm talking about.

    It was a bait.
    Last edited by Harry Guerrilla; 05-21-12 at 06:53 PM.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #168
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    And in this entire thread, as I'm sure you know, we've been talking about the generic white, black, etc. which is how race is usually defined by most people. Perhaps you should clarified that you were transitioning into the latter definition before you called the accurate label of social construct "feel good, pc garbage."
    It is pc, feel good garbage, because most people don't know the difference.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Blacks in the U.S. are generally descendants of sub Saharan Africans.
    So that's not entirely meaningless.

    It can help with disease detection, treatment and prevention.
    Which again, is why I said, it depends on the definition and in fact, said, "There are, in fact, genetic markers based on location that hold useful information." However, again, race as it is defined by most people as distinct genetic markers, is not real and biologically meaningless.

    Telling people that race isn't biological is stupid, in my opinion, because most people don't know the difference between the different definitions.
    Then they take it as "racist" when you say that it does exist.

    That's why I say it's pc garbage.
    Telling people the truth is not stupid. If people don't know the difference, then they need to be educated not fed some myth that allows them to hold onto their socially constructed categories as if they are real. That kind of nonsense is stupid and garbage.

    MK was trying to get me to say something inflammatory about minorities being inferior.
    Likely because he doesn't know the difference in what I'm talking about.

    It was a bait.
    MK's goal is irrelevant to whether or not your responses were accurate. They weren't.

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    It is pc, feel good garbage, because most people don't know the difference.
    So your argument is that the truth depends on whether or not "most people know the difference." Calling race a social construct is either garbage or it's not. Guess what? It's not garbage. It's a fact of existence. The definition of "race" that most people work with and that was being used in this thread is a social construct. Period.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •