View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #151
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Just seems to me, that you're trying to lessen the impact of racism by minority groups, by saying "well whites did it more and for longer."
    That in and of itself, is not a justification.
    No. Mostly I wanted to know what difinition we were using befor answering. Second, I don't want any excuse for people to suggest the experience has been equal here. That is not justiifcation for anything. We can recognize te difference without granting justification for any wrong doing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I cannot even fathom what was going through the heads of those 3 people who said no.
    Race is a false social construct of western imperialist societies over the last 500 years...

    Hence I said no.

    Sure there is racism against 'whites'... from a legal framework...

    But not if you want to get technical about what 'race' is...

  3. #153
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. Mostly I wanted to know what difinition we were using befor answering. Second, I don't want any excuse for people to suggest the experience has been equal here. That is not justiifcation for anything. We can recognize te difference without granting justification for any wrong doing.
    The definition is pretty simple.
    Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.

    There may be contexts where some racism has been worse than another, but that doesn't justify retaliatory racist acts.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #154
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Race is a false social construct of western imperialist societies over the last 500 years...

    Hence I said no.

    Sure there is racism against 'whites'... from a legal framework...

    But not if you want to get technical about what 'race' is...
    That is false.
    Race is biologically real.

    It's just that it doesn't matter in terms of valuing people.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The definition is pretty simple.
    Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.

    There may be contexts where some racism has been worse than another, but that doesn't justify retaliatory racist acts.
    And do minorities profess genetic superiority?

    ...?

    (no, because 'race' is a construct of western European society)

    ...circles... round and round we go.
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 05-21-12 at 06:34 PM.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The definition is pretty simple.
    Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.

    There may be contexts where some racism has been worse than another, but that doesn't justify retaliatory racist acts.
    That's one of many definitions. I gave a link, and Jamesrage gave one with three.

    And I repeat, I have not called for excused any retaliatoy act or wrong doing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    And do minorities profess genetic superiority?

    ...?
    That's really the thing that a lot of minorities who are hostile towards whites or who make fun of them (at least in the US) lack: the idea that their "race" is inherently superior to the "white race." A lot of people assume that racism just means, "he called me a cracker!" That's not how it works. Never did, never will.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    And do minorities profess genetic superiority?

    ...?

    (no, because 'race' is a construct of western European society)

    ...circles... round and round we go.
    If race is a social construct, explain the genetic differences between sub Saharan Africans and aboriginal Australians.

    Your argument is feel good, pc garbage.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That is false.
    Race is biologically real.

    It's just that it doesn't matter in terms of valuing people.
    That depends on how you define race.

    ''There's no genetic basis for any kind of rigid ethnic or racial classification at all,'' said Bryan Sykes, the Oxford geneticist and author of ''The Seven Daughters of Eve.'' ''I'm always asked is there Greek DNA or an Italian gene, but, of course, there isn't. . . . We're very closely related.''

    Likewise, The New England Journal of Medicine once editorialized bluntly that ''race is biologically meaningless.''
    Is Race Real? - Op-Ed - NYTimes.com

  10. #160
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    If race is a social construct, explain the genetic differences between sub Saharan Africans and aboriginal Australians.

    Your argument is feel good, pc garbage.
    PC? My view is it sounds like something liberally lifted out of a Sociology 101 course notes...
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •