View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    95 95.96%
  • No

    4 4.04%
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 299

Thread: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    It was not institutional, but it was racist. When a person gets beaten nearly to death because of his skin color, any reasonable person would call that racist. This whole notion that only institutional racism is racism is simply not a reasonable idea.
    It's only an unreasonable idea if you believe that racism is more than institutional racism. It's not unreasonable in and of itself.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    It was not institutional, but it was racist. When a person gets beaten nearly to death because of his skin color, any reasonable person would call that racist. This whole notion that only institutional racism is racism is simply not a reasonable idea.
    There was more going on at that moment. Remember, as black man was beaten and those who did it at that time had walked. The institution had allowed for the beating.

    But do keep in mind two things:

    1) I said there were different diffintions.

    2) prejudice and violence are bad in and of themselfs. No need to try to make them all encompasing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #113
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,701
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    As nearly everyone else has said, yes racism crosses all racial and cultural lines. Living in SoCal for decades, I saw it firsthand, but what I saw was racism between Blacks and Koreans, and between Hispanics and VietNamese. Talk about hatred so intense you could slice it with a butter knife.

    I never experienced any "white" racism. Where I lived blacks, Koreans, Hispanics and VietNamese all got along well with caucasians... but boy, howdy, did they hate each other! I had a friend who was a Chinese immigrant who was educated here and became a top-tier successful business woman. She hated Japanese people with a pink and purple anger.

    In Africa, there is institutionalized tribal "racism". All the tribes may belong to the black race, but the hatred running along tribal lines is visceral and genocidal.

    Anyone who defines racism as a strictly white-against-black thing is woefully ignorant of the world we live in.

  4. #114
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Deny was savagely beaten during a riot, a mob mentality issue. he was saved by some reasonable black people who left their homes and risked personal danger to get to him. But, that was not systematic institutional no matter how you measure it.
    He was still chosen specifically because of his race and for no other reason. The fact that he was saved by people of the same race as those who attacked him makes the attack no less racist, but rather points out that racism is an individual trait and that not all within a particular race or ethnicity suffer from it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    He was still chosen specifically because of his race and for no other reason. The fact that he was saved by people of the same race as those who attacked him makes the attack no less racist, but rather points out that racism is an individual trait and that not all within a particular race or ethnicity suffer from it.
    Chosen by a mob, within a context, not by the system or the institutions. There is a difference between the two. No one is arguing what happened to him wasn't wrong, but only that there is a difference.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #116
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,701
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Chosen by a mob, within a context, not by the system or the institutions. There is a difference between the two. No one is arguing what happened to him wasn't wrong, but only that there is a difference.
    Would you say the same thing if a mob of whites screeched, "Kill the nigga" and pulled out a man because of his race, beating him nearly to death? There is no difference. Racists of any hue will find power in the mob mentality to openly practice their racism. That's exactly what happened with the Denny beating.

  7. #117
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think lots of white racists and some who are not but tired of the yapping would love the NBP party to start a race war. It would last all of about a week
    It wouldnt even be a war. It would be like 3 people get shot. THE END.


  8. #118
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Would you say the same thing if a mob of whites screeched, "Kill the nigga" and pulled out a man because of his race, beating him nearly to death? There is no difference. Racists of any hue will find power in the mob mentality to openly practice their racism. That's exactly what happened with the Denny beating.
    Well, we had the Klan. Remember my grandfather burning a cross in my yard because my mother was an uppity northerner.

    But, if the roles were reveresed, with no institutional support, yes, I would feel the same. I denounce both, and both are a result of hatred, both prejudice. We're only disputing a very small point here. Remember, cops didn't turn a blind eye toward Deny. Courts didn't find a way to excuse it. Citizens by and large didn't say Deny deserved it. The other way around, we can't be sure it would be the same. And that is the difference.

    I admit I'm always surprised by how people act during this discussion. You would think I was saying doing things like was done to Deny was OK. I would never do that. I just want a proper distinction made.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #119
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,701
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, we had the Klan. Remember my grandfather burning a cross in my yard because my mother was an uppity northerner.

    But, if the roles were reveresed, with no institutional support, yes, I would feel the same. I denounce both, and both are a result of hatred, both prejudice. We're only disputing a very small point here. Remember, cops didn't turn a blind eye toward Deny. Courts didn't find a way to excuse it. Citizens by and large didn't say Deny deserved it. The other way around, we can't be sure it would be the same. And that is the difference.

    I admit I'm always surprised by how people act during this discussion. You would think I was saying doing things like was done to Deny was OK. I would never do that. I just want a proper distinction made.
    What "distinction"?

  10. #120
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is there such a thing as anti-white racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    What "distinction"?
    That there is a difference between individual prejudice and instutitional racism. Both are bad, and both can be violent, but there is a difference. As a white male, absent the violence, I can laugh and walk away. I will not be hurt in any way. Where there is institutional racism, that is not the case. And here, we have had institutional racism.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •