View Poll Results: Please chose the political directions you prefer

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Military: Let other countries share the load

    11 78.57%
  • Military: Leave current tendencies alone

    4 28.57%
  • Military: Become more aggressive

    1 7.14%
  • Taxes: Institute a gradual progressive taxation w/out brackets

    7 50.00%
  • Taxes: Keep things the same

    1 7.14%
  • Taxes: Institute a flat tax, i.e. everyone pays same %

    3 21.43%
  • Taxes: Everyone should pay the same amount, not the same %

    1 7.14%
  • Primary Education: Spend more on educating the poor

    9 64.29%
  • Primary Education: Keep things the way they are

    3 21.43%
  • Primary Education: Remove all efforts to reach the poor

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Public Policies Part 3

  1. #1
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Public Policies Part 3

    I have compiled some of the major political issues and asked related questions for voting purposes. If you aren't sure what I mean, please comment. Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Public Policies Part 3

    Nice, people are agreeing that education is key. The only problem being that if most of those in poverty become educated... who will be left to do the wealthy's bidding?

  3. #3
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Public Policies Part 3

    Military: We should be intervening overseas only when our country or our country's interests are severely threatened. We simply can't afford to play world police right now.

    Taxes: Income taxes should be a flat tax with a single cost of living deduction based on family size (and probably geographic area) to make sure that those who are barely getting by can still do so. Any money a person receives from another person, whether it be income from a job, income from investments, or income from an inheritance should be taxed at the same rate. Losses on investments should be allowed to be deducted with no limit.

    Education: We should do what we can to try and make sure everyone has equal access to a quality education without bankrupting the country. The poor have just as much right to be educated as the rich.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #4
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Public Policies Part 3

    Military: Drastically cut back our over aggressive military/industrial complex. Disallow any paramilitary/private security force without accountability. Keep National Defense strong, but scale back our World Police military. Absolutely no nation building.

    Taxes: Taxes should be kept as low as possible for every income group. The poor need it to save what little money they have, and the rich need it to give incentive to invest and grow business. This would have to be a part of a bigger economic change which gets government out of the way, and allows for more freedoms.

    Education: Our government's involvement in education has done no good. We're continually on the low end of industrialized nations in education. Education should be controlled at a more local level within communities and not centralized through government. It has been a colossal failure and it is time to go a new direction.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  5. #5
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Public Policies Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    Military: Drastically cut back our over aggressive military/industrial complex. Disallow any paramilitary/private security force without accountability. Keep National Defense strong, but scale back our World Police military. Absolutely no nation building.
    I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    Taxes: Taxes should be kept as low as possible for every income group. The poor need it to save what little money they have, and the rich need it to give incentive to invest and grow business. This would have to be a part of a bigger economic change which gets government out of the way, and allows for more freedoms.
    I agree that taxes should be as low as possible. But, I also know that there are plenty of incentives for companies to invest and grow - this is where all the tax loopholes comes in. As far as individual income tax is concerned, we cannot reach our full potential unless everyone starts on the same footing economically. Until we can figure out how to do that, the only solution is progressive taxation for individual incomes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    Education: Our government's involvement in education has done no good. We're continually on the low end of industrialized nations in education. Education should be controlled at a more local level within communities and not centralized through government. It has been a colossal failure and it is time to go a new direction.
    I agree

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •