View Poll Results: Texas secession?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anytime they want

    69 60.00%
  • Bad times only

    2 1.74%
  • No way

    41 35.65%
  • I don't know

    0 0%
  • Other

    3 2.61%
Page 93 of 124 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1234

Thread: Texas secession?

  1. #921
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanBatista View Post
    Their own Declaration of Causes specifically said they were leaving because of slavery.
    It was the most recent issue and as such the focus of the DOC.

  2. #922
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanBatista View Post
    Their own Declaration of Causes specifically said they were leaving because of slavery.
    Due to the North's refusal in honoring the protections under the Constitution.

    Quantrill

  3. #923
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanBatista View Post
    It's not "freedom" when a small groups of secessionists try to take over the state vs the wishes of the majority of loyal Americans.

    You don't even have the support of most whites in the state for secession, much less the whole state population. Latinos, Blacks, Natives, all oppose secesion by 90% or more.
    Why are you trying to split it up into races and why do think I want secession? I'm just saying it legal and is a choice. The states can decide to put it up to a vote and if it loses it doesn't happen. Stop with the drama.

  4. #924
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Due to the North's refusal in honoring the protections under the Constitution.

    Quantrill
    In this case, it would have been more important than the constitution, since the constitution was based on certain human rights principals that the constitution itself did not fully honor. So that is actually a good thing.

  5. #925
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-27-12 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    66

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you want people to be happy you take steps to make them happy. You don't abuse them and make them want to leave and then punish them when they think of doing it to make them think otherwise about it.
    Ok, take that to its logical extension.

    The pro Union majority of the southern states thus had the right to leave the CSA. That means the CSA has to give up:
    Border states
    West Virginia
    South Texas
    Central Texas
    Northeast Texas
    Creole and Cajun areas of Louisiana
    North Alabama
    North Arkansas
    East Tennessee
    Eastern North Carolina
    Southeasrt Mississippi
    Southwest Georgia
    North Georgia

    Because all of those areas were overwhelmingly pro Union.
    Also, the CSA has to give up every slave.

    What are the chances the CSAn would have agreed to this?

    For today's Texas secesionists, they have to give up:
    South Texas
    West Texas panhandle
    North Texas panhandle
    Austin
    German Hill Country (central Texas)
    Houston (majority minority city, mostly progressives, just elected an openly lesbian mayor)
    Dallas (also majority minority)

    So do you think Texas secesionists will agree?

    The only real abuse being done is by traitors wanting to shatter the nation.

  6. #926
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanBatista View Post
    Ok, take that to its logical extension.

    The pro Union majority of the southern states thus had the right to leave the CSA. That means the CSA has to give up:
    Border states
    West Virginia
    South Texas
    Central Texas
    Northeast Texas
    Creole and Cajun areas of Louisiana
    North Alabama
    North Arkansas
    East Tennessee
    Eastern North Carolina
    Southeasrt Mississippi
    Southwest Georgia
    North Georgia

    Because all of those areas were overwhelmingly pro Union.
    Also, the CSA has to give up every slave.

    What are the chances the CSAn would have agreed to this?

    For today's Texas secesionists, they have to give up:
    South Texas
    West Texas panhandle
    North Texas panhandle
    Austin
    German Hill Country (central Texas)
    Houston (majority minority city, mostly progressives, just elected an openly lesbian mayor)
    Dallas (also majority minority)

    So do you think Texas secesionists will agree?

    The only real abuse being done is by traitors wanting to shatter the nation.
    Stop with the crap. I already told you I do not want secession and the constitution allows it so by definition it is not treason.

    And you are still doing the race ****.
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-27-12 at 06:52 PM.

  7. #927
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    In this case, it would have been more important than the constitution, since the constitution was based on certain human rights principals that the constitution itself did not fully honor. So that is actually a good thing.
    If you want to say that, fine. But then don't accuse us as traitors, when we were law abiding. It would be you who were the traitors. Not us.

    Thus the Southern cause is not one of rebellion or treason. But Patriotic. The Confederate flag represents the Constitution and right of a people to secede and govern themselves when it is no longer possible to enjoy liberty and protection in the Union.

    Quantrill

  8. #928
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-27-12 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    66

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    And you're a "Libertarian" who is in favor of enslaving other people?
    Yes, he is, and yes, some Libertarians do defend that. Remember that for them freedom is all about money and the govt shouldnt interfere.

    They just assume people are angels when it comes to business...

  9. #929
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanBatista View Post
    Yes, he is, and yes, some Libertarians do defend that. Remember that for them freedom is all about money and the govt shouldnt interfere.

    They just assume people are angels when it comes to business...
    Its called courts. Look at my profile and you will see I support such. I don't "assume" anything. People are assholes and have always been assholes.

  10. #930
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-27-12 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    66

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Slavery was contitutionally protected. Article 4 sec.2. Nothing you say will change it.
    The Constitution can be changed. Nothing you say will change that.

    Confederate traitors seceded for slavery. Nothing you say can change that.

    Most southerners were pro union. Nothing you say can change that.

    Most southerners and Texans have never favored secession. Nothing you say can change that.

    And you haven't done a single thing in this thread but convince everyone you're an ignorant racist.

    Nothing you say can change that...

Page 93 of 124 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •