View Poll Results: Texas secession?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anytime they want

    69 60.00%
  • Bad times only

    2 1.74%
  • No way

    41 35.65%
  • I don't know

    0 0%
  • Other

    3 2.61%
Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1234

Thread: Texas secession?

  1. #801
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    They didn't leave the union because of slavery, but a series of state rights violations that included ending slavery.
    The Dred Scott decision was a slap in the face of states rights. It basically threw out a state's right to say that they wouldn't allow slavery. No Southern apologist or states rights advocate wants to talk about it.

    It wasn't about slavery is the lie that started with Jefferson Davis, because he didn't want to look like the bad guy, and it continues with people who don't want to seem like a racist when they defend the Confederacy. But, it was, according to th VP of the CSA, the "cornerstone."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #802
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I know you keep saying the same thing again and again hoping that will make it true, but the "right" to own other people is not Constitutionally guaranteed. It doesn't change that the South seceded to protect a labor system that was based on the enslavement of an entire race of people. In fact, in every post you say that slavery was protected and the North wouldn't let that persist just proves that was the reason.

    I'm proud to live in a country that banned this evil practice. If you're not, then get out. Nobody is holding you and the rest of the KKK back.
    Slavery was contitutionally protected. Article 4 sec.2. Nothing you say will change it.

    The Southe seceded because the North did not acknowledge the South as equals under the Constitution.

    That the North didn't like it, is immaterial. It was protected. The South was not the traitor. The North was. Until they of course could rewrite the Constitution.

    I don't need to get out. You do. I just need to reside in the South and you need to leave. There's a thought. Yankee go home.

    Ha ha ha ha ha.

    Glory, glory, halleleujah.

    Quantrill

  3. #803
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you want people to be happy you take steps to make them happy. You don't abuse them and make them want to leave and then punish them when they think of doing it to make them think otherwise about it.
    Of course not, we should allow people to own other people if it makes them happy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #804
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Slavery was contitutionally protected. Article 4 sec.2. Nothing you say will change it.

    The Southe seceded because the North did not acknowledge the South as equals under the Constitution.

    That the North didn't like it, is immaterial. It was protected. The South was not the traitor. The North was. Until they of course could rewrite the Constitution.

    I don't need to get out. You do. I just need to reside in the South and you need to leave. There's a thought. Yankee go home.

    Ha ha ha ha ha.

    Glory, glory, halleleujah.

    Quantrill
    I live in a country that ended the barbaric practice of keeping other people as property. I'm proud of that.

    If you're not, you leave.

    Keep convincing yourself that your lie about "slavery being Constitutionally protected" is the truth, and keep going around saying that it wasn't about slavery. Strangely, every argument you make is that "The Noath wouldn't let me own niggahs anymoah." But it wasn't about slavery.
    Last edited by rocket88; 05-26-12 at 11:53 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #805
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The Dred Scott decision was a slap in the face of states rights. It basically threw out a state's right to say that they wouldn't allow slavery. No Southern apologist or states rights advocate wants to talk about it.

    It wasn't about slavery is the lie that started with Jefferson Davis, because he didn't want to look like the bad guy, and it continues with people who don't want to seem like a racist when they defend the Confederacy. But, it was, according to th VP of the CSA, the "cornerstone."
    Slavery was protected by the Constitution. If a state wanted to declare that it did not want slavery in its state, by the popular vote, then it could. But slavery was still protected in that those states that had it were to be allowed to have it. And a slave ower was to be allowed to go anywhere he wanted with his property.

    Article 4 sec. 2. Dred Scott decision by the Supreme court. It was about being treated as unequals according to the constitution.

    Quantrill

  6. #806
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I live in a country that ended the barbaric practice of keeping other people as property. I'm proud of that.

    If you're not, you leave.
    Because your so good. Because you come under a greater law than the Constitution, right? You and your damnyankees's don't need to abide by the Constitution. Right? Until you rewrite it. Right?

    Im in the South. I don't need to leave. You do. Glory, glory,....halleleujah!

    Quantrill

  7. #807
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Slavery was protected by the Constitution. If a state wanted to declare that it did not want slavery in its state, by the popular vote, then it could.
    Really? Are you aware of what the Dred Scott decision said?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course not, we should allow people to own other people if it makes them happy.
    Then you are against abortion. Good to know.

  9. #809
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Because your so good. Because you come under a greater law than the Constitution, right? You and your damnyankees's don't need to abide by the Constitution. Right? Until you rewrite it. Right?
    Well, I am better at speaking the English language. There's a difference between "you're" and "your."

    There is a greater law than the Constitution. God's law. Which states that it's wrong to own other people as property.

    Texas secession?-kkk-jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #810
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Then you are against abortion. Good to know.

    And you're a "Libertarian" who is in favor of enslaving other people?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •