View Poll Results: Texas secession?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anytime they want

    69 60.00%
  • Bad times only

    2 1.74%
  • No way

    41 35.65%
  • I don't know

    0 0%
  • Other

    3 2.61%
Page 16 of 124 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1234

Thread: Texas secession?

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Sounds like bs to me.

    Quantrill
    Of course it does. Everything you don't agree with is automatically "bull".

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    A small group of people in relation to a large national population have no right to forcibly excuse themselves from their rightful place in the levels of government. They have a right to leave the nation and take all their stuff with them and renounce the US and all that but they do not have a right to remake their section of the nation however they see fit.
    Why do they not?

    They live there. They, and their ancestors, built Houston and Dallas, built the oilfields and plowed the farms and raised the cattle and mixed their labor with the land.

    Why does the word of people from Washington DC, some 1500 miles away, trump the desire of the local residents to seperate themselves?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Why do they not?

    They live there. They, and their ancestors, built Houston and Dallas, built the oilfields and plowed the farms and raised the cattle and mixed their labor with the land.

    Why does the word of people from Washington DC, some 1500 miles away, trump the desire of the local residents to seperate themselves?
    Goshin, I don't really need to explain federalism to you, do I?

    All states are loyal to the US Constitution and are under it's jurisdiction; it's written in to the State Constitutions.

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Sounds like bs to me.

    Quantrill
    dem big ol werds puttin yur brane inta fits there, billy bob bubba joe bosephus?

  5. #155
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I've already addressed this. You want the impossible. You want a direct quote saying "Secession the US is completely illegal in all cases." That's the only thing you'll ever take, because you know that line isn't found anywhere and you feel cocky that your position is therefore completely right. But as I've already explained to you, just because something specific isn't mentioned in a founding document doesn't mean that it is automatically one way or the other.
    Well, Ive given you quotes pertaining to secession and its validity. You have given nothing showing that secession was illegal prior to 1861. Other than generalizations of what you think represents union and constitution.

    Quantrill

  6. #156
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Of course it does. Everything you don't agree with is automatically "bull".
    No, but Ive seen no proof from you and others. Just statements.

    Quantrill

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    You have given nothing showing that secession was illegal prior to 1861. Other than generalizations of what you think represents union and constitution.

    Quantrill
    Lol, "prior to 1861". If you're gonna move goalposts to fit your argument, you might want to be more subtle about it.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post

    No, but Ive seen no proof from you and others. Just statements.

    Quantrill
    Lol, you have not been making statements? What have you been posting, then? Pictographs?

  9. #159
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Lol, "prior to 1861". If you're gonna move goalposts to fit your argument, you might want to be more subtle about it.
    I haven't moved any goal posts. Its the same question I have been asking.

    Quantrill

  10. #160
    Educator Quantrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-08-12 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Texas secession?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Lol, you have not been making statements? What have you been posting, then? Pictographs?
    As I said, gave you a quote from James Madison and from the Virgina ratification document.

    Quantrill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •