View Poll Results: Who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Clinton

    44 47.31%
  • George W Bush

    24 25.81%
  • Barack Obama

    14 15.05%
  • None of the above

    11 11.83%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 131

Thread: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    All three seem pretty likable to me, though you can't really know without personal experience.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #12
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    Quote Originally Posted by wolv67 View Post
    Trying to separate the politics is difficult when that's all we know of them. Their actions while in office can reflect on what kind of person they are, like starting 2 wars and transparent bigotry, that's not the kind of person I'd have a beer with. Obama and Clinton both come across as brilliant, and Clinton does a huge amount of philanthropy, but I'm always hesitant to say that I'd like someone on a personal, when I don't know them personally. They're politicians in the end. Who knows what they're really like.
    Gimme a break. POLITICS ASIDE was in the OP. Adhere to it. The same things you said about Bush can be said about the other two so don't give me that crap. They're just like movie stars. I'm sure there is at least one movie star that you would hang out with if you could. Use the same mental approach to these guys. That's why there's a none of the above vote.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #13
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Clinton?! No way. Dude didn't own up to his weed (I loved the way Obama did that btw), banged chicks in the White House while he was married, and just seems like a genuine douche. You think he's hot, that's all that is lol.
    Yeah, he's a scumbag. Of all 3, Clinton is the one I'd end up taking out back to beat some ass before the night was over. With Obama, I just get the general impression that we wouldn't have much, if anything, in common. Bush is a good guy, but I don't really do conversation, and I'm not a likable person, so I don't believe we'd get along.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    I do not find any of them unlikable. Clinton probably the most likable of those three, but going back one more would get a different answer. Of all the presidents in my life, the two I most would have liked to meet, both are republicans oddly. Bush the elder, war hero in the navy, and Ford, who, knowing it would probably cost him any chance at winning an election, still did the right thing in pardoning Nixon and made a habit of carrying in his wallet a definition of a pardon which mentions that it is a presumption of guilt.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not find any of them unlikable. Clinton probably the most likable of those three, but going back one more would get a different answer. Of all the presidents in my life, the two I most would have liked to meet, both are republicans oddly. Bush the elder, war hero in the navy, and Ford, who, knowing it would probably cost him any chance at winning an election, still did the right thing in pardoning Nixon and made a habit of carrying in his wallet a definition of a pardon which mentions that it is a presumption of guilt.
    You're right, it is odd that both you want to meet are Republicans. I left Bush the elder out due to the fact that the age group on this website tends to lean more to the last 3 Presidents.
    I don't get what people like about Clinton.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    You're right, it is odd that both you want to meet are Republicans. I left Bush the elder out due to the fact that the age group on this website tends to lean more to the last 3 Presidents.
    I don't get what people like about Clinton.
    People who met him explained how he was a great listener and had a way of putting people at ease and feeling like he honestly cared about what they had to say. He also at times changed based on what people told him.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    Anyone who can defeat alcoholism has my respect. Respect is an important aspect to being likable to me. None of the three have politics I like and I think there are many presidents throughout history I would rather meet, but I think Bush would be the most enjoyable experience.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  8. #18
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    People who met him explained how he was a great listener and had a way of putting people at ease and feeling like he honestly cared about what they had to say. He also at times changed based on what people told him.
    Bush I or Clinton?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #19
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    This is a good premise for a thread. I picked Clinton, but really do not know.

    I do believe that a person's character is best determined when people aren't watching, so the positive stories of Bush II make me think better of him.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #20
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Politics Aside, who is the more likable of our last 3 Presidents. C

    I'd say GWB. I'd put Clinton far down the list of likable Presidents.


Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •