View Poll Results: Vote now:

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm very sure he'll win.

    16 22.54%
  • I'm somewhat sure he'll win.

    37 52.11%
  • It's a toss up.

    14 19.72%
  • I'm somewhat sure he'll lose.

    2 2.82%
  • I'm very sure he'll lose.

    2 2.82%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156

Thread: For Obama voters only!

  1. #11
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    If the election were today I believe obama would lose...every poll that I get email everyday hes behind. He can turn that around by nov.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    If the election were today I believe obama would lose...every poll that I get email everyday hes behind. He can turn that around by nov.
    Obama 46%
    Romney 45%
    Election 2012 Polling and News, Republican Presidential Candidates, Obama, Interactive Polling Data

  3. #13
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Assuming "conditions on the ground" mean things like unemployment and the economy, the answer is simple. The debates allow Americans to see who can best address "conditions on the ground." Considering that an election is a competition to see who can best address those "conditions," then it makes sense to see those as a pivotal part of the election process. The conditions, in and of themselves, aren't going to win an election. Convincing the public that you'll do something positive with them will.
    I agree with much of your post, the only hitch being one of the candidates has already been given the opportunity to enact positive results, not to say he hasn't to a slight degree, but somehow I doubt the average citizen is satisfied with the economy in it's current state.
    Last edited by a351; 05-14-12 at 10:18 PM.

  4. #14
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,117

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Assuming "conditions on the ground" mean things like unemployment and the economy, the answer is simple. The debates allow Americans to see who can best address "conditions on the ground." Considering that an election is a competition to see who can best address those "conditions," then it makes sense to see those as a pivotal part of the election process. The conditions, in and of themselves, aren't going to win an election. Convincing the public that you'll do something positive with them will.
    So you don't see a reelection as a referendum?

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    as long as the gay issue dies down and economics & foreign policy rules the day, Obama will surely win.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    I agree with much of your post, the only hitch being one of the candidates has already been given the opportunity to enact positive results, not to say he hasn't to a slight degree, but somehow I doubt the average citizen is satisfied with the economy in it's current state.
    And it's up to Romney, in debates, to prove causation with regards to Obama and the negative aspects of economic recovery as he sees them. It's also up to Romney to prove, in debates, that he can do a quicker job in getting positive results.

    There's a pattern of thinking on the Romney side that says, "If the average citizen isn't happy with the economy, then that's bad for Obama and good for Romney." That's not necessarily true in any respect. In order for that to be bad for Obama and good for Romney, Romney has to convince the public that Obama caused economic recovery to be slow and he to convince the public that he would do it better. This all comes down to debates and ads.

  7. #17

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,112

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    it's too early to call, so i'll vote toss up.

    i find him more appealing than Romney. most likely, he'll get my vote.

  9. #19
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    And it's up to Romney, in debates, to prove causation with regards to Obama and the negative aspects of economic recovery as he sees them. It's also up to Romney to prove, in debates, that he can do a quicker job in getting positive results.

    There's a pattern of thinking on the Romney side that says, "If the average citizen isn't happy with the economy, then that's bad for Obama and good for Romney." That's not necessarily true in any respect. In order for that to be bad for Obama and good for Romney, Romney has to convince the public that Obama caused economic recovery to be slow and he to convince the public that he would do it better. This all comes down to debates and ads.
    I'll have to disagree, even though it's highly debatable whether or not Obama contributed to the painfully slow recovery, the sheer correlation may be more than enough to encourage a drastic change if not soley for change's sake. Romney has to effectively play armchair quarterback, which shouldn't be terribly difficult, especially given America's sudden fascination with the National Debt Clock.
    Last edited by a351; 05-14-12 at 10:32 PM.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    So you don't see a reelection as a referendum?
    It depends on the mindset of the people. For some it will be, for others it won't. In general, for this election, I think it will be more of a "I support some of his actions and not others, but he's better than the other guy, so I'm voting for him."

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •