View Poll Results: Vote now:

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm very sure he'll win.

    16 22.54%
  • I'm somewhat sure he'll win.

    37 52.11%
  • It's a toss up.

    14 19.72%
  • I'm somewhat sure he'll lose.

    2 2.82%
  • I'm very sure he'll lose.

    2 2.82%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 156

Thread: For Obama voters only!

  1. #121
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You forgot the other thing that gets cut - and that's training. Massive weapons systems hardly ever get cut, even if the Pentagon or the military don't want them. When I was in the service, it was always training that took the hit, and I'm guessing it's no different now.
    Yep, you're right. For instance, my last unit could only afford to go to "the field" once every 3 months by the time I left. Imagine if a computer tech was told he could only fix a computer once every 3 months. He'd lose the edge real quick. Only when he loses the edge, it doesn't get people killed.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #122
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You forgot the other thing that gets cut - and that's training. Massive weapons systems hardly ever get cut, even if the Pentagon or the military don't want them. When I was in the service, it was always training that took the hit, and I'm guessing it's no different now.
    Sadly, that seems to be the case in every institution, public and private, including the Fed budget for society (education). Go figure.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #123
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-12 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    21

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    When spending is out of control, cuts are what is needed. You speak of things that hurt the poor and help the wealthy yet want to end the Bush tax cuts. That makes no sense. The President is held responsible for one reason, in my view. His party controls the Senate. I have not seen him, not once, say a word about the Senate not passing a budget, arguing and pandering just like the House has been accused of doing, or pushing them accept anything the House pushes to them. He always lays it at the feet of the House simply because his party is the minority there. Find me a quote where President Obama criticizes Harry Reid because I haven't seen it. You don't need to find me one where he criticizes John Boehner because he does it weekly.
    I agree with you man, we need spending cuts. But those spending cuts shouldn't come from programs that the sick, poor, and unemployed need for basic necessities of life, if we are just going to go ahead and add another 1.5 trillion dollar to the debt because Congressional Rs. want to give a huge tax break to the WEALTHIEST people in our society (Bush/Obama tax cuts). And we can't only look at cuts to solve the problems we are facing. I mean look at Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, they all cut, cut, cut their governments and now they are on their way to bring down the Euro-zone. They needed to, and we need to, stimulate the economy, consolidate government programs, and like you said cut the wasteful spending. But the beef I have is that one side (Rs) won't even acknowledge the only way we are going to close the gap in the deficit and ultimately lower the national debt is by increasing taxes. I know taxes is a dirty word to some people but the reality is if your worried, actually truly, worried about the debt and deficit you HAVE TO increase taxes. Tax revenue collection under Pres. Obama has reaches a 62 year low, that means taxes have not been this low since 1950.. I don't understand why you would hold the Pres. responsible for the Senate? We have three different branches of government, all with a specific job, the Pres. does not run the Senate, he is not the boss of Reid or Boehner. All and all I think the Pres. is a civil person, even when he is criticizing someone, not like most R's who call his a "Liar" or "the most Leftist president in US history" or insist that "Pres. Obama is wants the economy to fail". The Presidents constitutional responsibilities are as commander-and-chief of the US Military to over see foreign policy, not economic policy. The Congress is responsible for the problems pertaining to our fiscal policies and our overall economy. And even so, the Senate Ds wouldn't be able to pass a budget when the Rs would just filibuster because they don't want history to show that when Ds were running things they got stuff done. I probably couldn't find a quote of Pres. Obama criticizing Reid, could you find a quote of Boehner criticizing, McConnoll for leading the Senate in filibuster history, probably not because those (both Rs and Ds) bastards kiss each others arses.

  4. #124
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mlinsenbigler View Post
    I don't understand why you would hold the Pres. responsible for the Senate? We have three different branches of government, all with a specific job, the Pres. does not run the Senate, he is not the boss of Reid or Boehner. All and all I think the Pres. is a civil person, even when he is criticizing someone, not like most R's who call his a "Liar" or "the most Leftist president in US history" or insist that "Pres. Obama is wants the economy to fail". The Presidents constitutional responsibilities are as commander-and-chief of the US Military to over see foreign policy, not economic policy. The Congress is responsible for the problems pertaining to our fiscal policies and our overall economy. And even so, the Senate Ds wouldn't be able to pass a budget when the Rs would just filibuster because they don't want history to show that when Ds were running things they got stuff done. I probably couldn't find a quote of Pres. Obama criticizing Reid, could you find a quote of Boehner criticizing, McConnoll for leading the Senate in filibuster history, probably not because those (both Rs and Ds) bastards kiss each others arses.
    The reason I go after President Obama for that is he is constantly railing against Boehner. I'm not defending Boehner as much as criticizing the President for blatant partisanship. The Senate has gotten NOTHING done during his Presidency but you don't hear about that. All your hear from him is the House this, the House that. The House is passing a budget every year. That's not something special, it's something they are supposed to do by law. The Senate, by law, is supposed to as well. No one notices that, especially him. He continues to criticize the House and Tea Partiers for what he calls "bailing out the rich" when the Senate can't even execute the most basic of required functions. That's my problem concerning that issue. He should use his power as a way to push the Senate to do what it's supposed to do. He doesn't because his party controls it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #125
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    He doesn't because his party controls it.
    By only one vote both this year and last year. Republicans in the Senate voted against Republican House budgets so it's obvious the Republicans in the Senate do the same thing as their Democrat neighbors. Expecting 100% solidarity in politics is a pipe dream.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #126
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-12 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    21

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    The reason I go after President Obama for that is he is constantly railing against Boehner. I'm not defending Boehner as much as criticizing the President for blatant partisanship. The Senate has gotten NOTHING done during his Presidency but you don't hear about that. All your hear from him is the House this, the House that. The House is passing a budget every year. That's not something special, it's something they are supposed to do by law. The Senate, by law, is supposed to as well. No one notices that, especially him. He continues to criticize the House and Tea Partiers for what he calls "bailing out the rich" when the Senate can't even execute the most basic of required functions. That's my problem concerning that issue. He should use his power as a way to push the Senate to do what it's supposed to do. He doesn't because his party controls it.
    The thing is though, if he was tougher on the Ds in the Senate it wouldn't matter because the Rs in the Senate would filibuster any legislation that might reflect good on the Pres. I feel the same frustrations about the Senate not getting crap done. And I can understand where your coming from about the partisenship too, its frustrating when the politicians are more worried about criticizing the other side and their views instead of working to solve the problems that are facing the nation today. I just don't think it's 100% fair to call out the Pres. for being partisan and not say anything about the partisanship of the other side, you know.
    '

  7. #127
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    By only one vote both this year and last year. Republicans in the Senate voted against Republican House budgets so it's obvious the Republicans in the Senate do the same thing as their Democrat neighbors. Expecting 100% solidarity in politics is a pipe dream.
    Doesn't matter. His party controls it, therefore he would have to call Harry Reid out. He will never do that. BTW, I don't like Republicans anymore than Dems. I'm just pointing out the hackery of our President.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #128
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mlinsenbigler View Post
    The thing is though, if he was tougher on the Ds in the Senate it wouldn't matter because the Rs in the Senate would filibuster any legislation that might reflect good on the Pres. I feel the same frustrations about the Senate not getting crap done. And I can understand where your coming from about the partisenship too, its frustrating when the politicians are more worried about criticizing the other side and their views instead of working to solve the problems that are facing the nation today. I just don't think it's 100% fair to call out the Pres. for being partisan and not say anything about the partisanship of the other side, you know.
    '
    Sorry, but its hard to call out the Republican President we don't have. President Obama is a Democrat and Democrats are sucking just as bad as Republicans right now. The difference is the Dems are getting called on it like the other side.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #129
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-12 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    21

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Sorry, but its hard to call out the Republican President we don't have. President Obama is a Democrat and Democrats are sucking just as bad as Republicans right now. The difference is the Dems are getting called on it like the other side.
    I didn't suggest you call out a none existent president. But you can call out the Senate Rs for, very literally, stopping Congress from doing their job ( Its not Obama in there using the filibuster ). I would have to apologize to you in advance because I know your not going to like what I say, but the Ds are doing a damn good job taking into consideration their working with a party whos leaders have said that their job is to make Obama a one term president. And I don't know why you think Pres. Obama hasn't been called out, just Youtube or Google "obama called out" he gets it from both sides. The reason things aren't getting done in the Senate or the House is because of the Senate and the House, not the president. His job is not to baby sit the Congress; its to protect our country. He's killed more AQ leadership in his first three and a half years than Bush did in his eight. His leadership in Libya helped lead to the ultimate death of Khadaffy, a man who killed American citizens. He has ended a combat role in Iraq, and has drawn out a very specific deadline in Afghanistan. Don't forget, he ordered the killing of OBL. On the domestic front he has taken us out of recession and consistently added jobs to the work force. Lowered taxes to the lowest rate since 1950 ( which I don't like, but shows he is willing to compromise with the other party )... He is a great president, and we would like your support this upcoming election cycle. Look at the other guy, do you really think he could do a better job? I mean, just because he is rich doesn't mean he has a magic wond that creates jobs.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: For Obama voters only!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mlinsenbigler View Post
    I didn't suggest you call out a none existent president. But you can call out the Senate Rs for, very literally, stopping Congress from doing their job ( Its not Obama in there using the filibuster ). I would have to apologize to you in advance because I know your not going to like what I say, but the Ds are doing a damn good job taking into consideration their working with a party whos leaders have said that their job is to make Obama a one term president. And I don't know why you think Pres. Obama hasn't been called out, just Youtube or Google "obama called out" he gets it from both sides. The reason things aren't getting done in the Senate or the House is because of the Senate and the House, not the president. His job is not to baby sit the Congress; its to protect our country. He's killed more AQ leadership in his first three and a half years than Bush did in his eight. His leadership in Libya helped lead to the ultimate death of Khadaffy, a man who killed American citizens. He has ended a combat role in Iraq, and has drawn out a very specific deadline in Afghanistan. Don't forget, he ordered the killing of OBL. On the domestic front he has taken us out of recession and consistently added jobs to the work force. Lowered taxes to the lowest rate since 1950 ( which I don't like, but shows he is willing to compromise with the other party )... He is a great president, and we would like your support this upcoming election cycle. Look at the other guy, do you really think he could do a better job? I mean, just because he is rich doesn't mean he has a magic wond that creates jobs.
    All I can say is holy crap, I wouldn't know where to start. It's like walking back to your house after a tornado with nothing but debris everywhere. I think this post is too far gone to save.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •