View Poll Results: Is signing Norquist's anti-tax pledge un-American?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Signing Norquist's pledge is anti-American

    13 56.52%
  • Signing Norquist's pledge is pro-American

    2 8.70%
  • Other (please comment)

    8 34.78%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 132

Thread: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

  1. #81
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    poverty, for children and elderly, is worse now than it was 50 years ago.... and this is after a very long and protracted comprehensive government war on poverty.

    keep it up statists, you are doing a wonderful job of making and keeping people poor.
    Our record poverty was caused by 30 years that trickled wealth upwards and joblessness and poverty to half the country. Now you expect people to go along with cutting the safety net to provide even greater tax cuts to those at the top???

    Good luck with that plan in November.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by leftofabbie View Post
    What country can you think of that has survived such disparity? Any?

    every country on earth has income inequality.

  3. #83
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    every country on earth has income inequality.
    Only in the third world countries, Turkey, Mexico, and Chile, is the income inequality greater than the US.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Our record poverty was caused by 30 years that trickled wealth upwards and joblessness and poverty to half the country. Now you expect people to go along with cutting the safety net to provide even greater tax cuts to those at the top???

    Good luck with that plan in November.
    yes, we all know you think everything bad in the world started 30 years ago... and lots of us giggle at the ignorance of such a thing.
    i

    btw, that not my plan for November.... my plan is to vote against Repubocrats in an attempt to get you people the hell away from government.... things have been ****ed up too bad for too long.. and you people need to go.

  5. #85
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Why economic inequality leads to collapse

    "The lesson of the Great Crash was that unequal enrichment provokes asset bubbles, excessive demand for debt and, finally, economic failure. Now we are painfully learning that again."

    "During the past 30 years, a growing share of the global economic pie has been taken by the world's wealthiest people. In the UK and the US, the share of national income going to the top 1% has doubled, setting workforces adrift from economic progress. Today, the world's 1,200 billionaires hold economic firepower that is equivalent to a third of the size of the American economy.

    It is this concentration of income – at levels not seen since the 1920s – that is the real cause of the present crisis."

    "An economic model that allows the richest members of society to accumulate a larger and larger share of the cake will eventually self-destruct. It is a lesson that is yet to be learned."

    Why economic inequality leads to collapse | Business | The Observer
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #86
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Our record poverty was caused by 30 years that trickled wealth upwards and joblessness and poverty to half the country. Now you expect people to go along with cutting the safety net to provide even greater tax cuts to those at the top???

    Good luck with that plan in November.
    wrong-it comes from too many people addicted to sucking on the government teat.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Only in the third world countries, Turkey, Mexico, and Chile, is the income inequality greater than the US.
    what is this purpose if this ( false) factoid?

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Why economic inequality leads to collapse

    "The lesson of the Great Crash was that unequal enrichment provokes asset bubbles, excessive demand for debt and, finally, economic failure. Now we are painfully learning that again."

    "During the past 30 years, a growing share of the global economic pie has been taken by the world's wealthiest people. In the UK and the US, the share of national income going to the top 1% has doubled, setting workforces adrift from economic progress. Today, the world's 1,200 billionaires hold economic firepower that is equivalent to a third of the size of the American economy.

    It is this concentration of income – at levels not seen since the 1920s – that is the real cause of the present crisis."

    "An economic model that allows the richest members of society to accumulate a larger and larger share of the cake will eventually self-destruct. It is a lesson that is yet to be learned."

    Why economic inequality leads to collapse | Business | The Observer
    awesome.... now you just have to show where income equality has caused a collapse .. anywhere....ever.

    I know it's going to be hard, but one day you'll have to come to grips with the fact that there will be poor people, and there will be rich people..... and that gap doesn't cause countries to collapse...well, it hasn't caused a country to collapse in all of human history thus far, anyways.

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Our record poverty was caused by 30 years that trickled wealth upwards and joblessness and poverty to half the country. Now you expect people to go along with cutting the safety net to provide even greater tax cuts to those at the top???

    Good luck with that plan in November.
    Maybe I missed it but what is your plan for November. Tax the top 1%-5%-10% to increase revenue $5-$10-$100b annually? And since the projected deficit by whoever’s budget is north of $600b annually this is going to work how? And more precisely how will this address income inequality?

    If the electorate is presented these numbers do you think they’ll buy them in November?

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong-it comes from too many people addicted to sucking on the government teat.
    I don't think many of us have a problem with safety nets..... but I think not enough of us have problem with dependency and addiction to those safety nets... and too many actually want more dependence and addiction.

    I dunno, I think more highly of our citizens than to want them to suffer a life a mediocrity and poverty... I don't want them dependent on anyone for their financial well being...and I fear i'm a dying breed.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •