View Poll Results: Is signing Norquist's anti-tax pledge un-American?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Signing Norquist's pledge is anti-American

    13 56.52%
  • Signing Norquist's pledge is pro-American

    2 8.70%
  • Other (please comment)

    8 34.78%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 132

Thread: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

  1. #71
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Woods Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    06-05-12 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    723

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick2253 View Post
    On the whole, the rest of this country is not any worse than they were 50 years ago.
    Glad to hear you're so optimistic about how everyone is doing, however...


    Child Poverty Rate Climbs In 38 States

    American children in poverty on the rise - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

    46 Million Americans Live in Poverty -- So Why Isn't Anybody Saying the P Word? | AlterNet

    Extreme poverty: 2.8 million children in the U.S. live on $2 per day

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?


    good arguments to get rid of the addiction and soul sapping narcotic of government dependency

  3. #73
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Woods Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    06-05-12 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    723

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    good arguments to get rid of the addiction and soul sapping narcotic of government dependency


    Your compassion for these lazy children is noted.

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by leftofabbie View Post
    Your compassion for these lazy children is noted.
    well played appeal to emotion.... totally convincing.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    poverty, for children and elderly, is worse now than it was 50 years ago.... and this is after a very long and protracted comprehensive government war on poverty.

    keep it up statists, you are doing a wonderful job of making and keeping people poor.

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    that would be Norquist and the other right wing forces he is aligned with.
    also known as the people who voted those right wingers into office

  7. #77
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Woods Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    06-05-12 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    723

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    poverty, for children and elderly, is worse now than it was 50 years ago.... and this is after a very long and protracted comprehensive government war on poverty.

    keep it up statists, you are doing a wonderful job of making and keeping people poor.


    Yeah, total government regulation and control, that's what we have. Sure.

    Keep in mind that we didn't have all these banking problems until Reagan de-regulated them.

  8. #78
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    So original topic and argument of the thread fails miserably (IE that somehow doing this pledge is un-American) so time to not just move the goal posts, but change the entire game that's being played entirely, and shift to talking about income inequality?

    Well, at least the ridiculous notion that this was "un-American" is not going forward so that's good at least.

    The "no nation has ever survived [some random factoid]" is no more persuasive to me with income inequality then it is in terms of people doing it in regards to moral decline.

  9. #79
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Woods Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    06-05-12 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    723

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So original topic and argument of the thread fails miserably (IE that somehow doing this pledge is un-American) so time to not just move the goal posts, but change the entire game that's being played entirely, and shift to talking about income inequality?

    Well, at least the ridiculous notion that this was "un-American" is not going forward so that's good at least.

    The "no nation has ever survived [some random factoid]" is no more persuasive to me with income inequality then it is in terms of people doing it in regards to moral decline.

    What country can you think of that has survived such disparity? Any?

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Who are Norquist pledge-signers loyal to - the American People or someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    poverty, for children and elderly, is worse now than it was 50 years ago.... and this is after a very long and protracted comprehensive government war on poverty.

    keep it up statists, you are doing a wonderful job of making and keeping people poor.


    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...or--in-america

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •