View Poll Results: Are you pro life or pro choice

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Life

    22 31.88%
  • Pro Choice

    47 68.12%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 184

Thread: Are you pro life or pro choice

  1. #141
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yes but you can help stop it.......The tide is turning on this issue..........It use to be this country was heavily pro choice now its about 50-50 with even a little lean pro life......
    I'm not taking on someone else's cause, and I don't fall prey to emotional manipulation easily. There are plenty of "bad" things people do, and I'm not here as an arbiter of right and wrong. We live in a society in which abortion has been deemed legal by the highest legal authority. I live in that society with a clear conscience, not because I follow the laws, but because I live up to a moral code. The laws are what they are, regardless of my feelings about any given issue.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #142
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    well there are MRIs that show when a butcher doctor is trying to perform and abortion the fetus in the womb actually trys to get away from the probe and the prongs that are trying to crush its head.........God that is so revulsive to me I can hardly type it with a dry eye.......
    I'm sure a cow does the same thing, doesn't stop you from eating hamburgers.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #143
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Where? Show us a link to this video. ****, Ill call you out on it. Send me a LINK privately of these videos. Actually, Im willing to bet diamonds to dollars you just made that **** up.



    Here you go, watch the video....I know it makes you sleep better at night to tell yourself the baby is nothing but as usual you are wrong:

    Silent Scream

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silent_Scream
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 05-11-12 at 07:24 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #144
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I'm not taking on someone else's cause, and I don't fall prey to emotional manipulation easily. There are plenty of "bad" things people do, and I'm not here as an arbiter of right and wrong. We live in a society in which abortion has been deemed legal by the highest legal authority. I live in that society with a clear conscience, not because I follow the laws, but because I live up to a moral code. The laws are what they are, regardless of my feelings about any given issue.
    Come on Lizzie 54,000,000 abortions...I can't even fathom the number....Its like the total population of LA and NY combined.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #145
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,142

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Here you go, watch the video....I know it makes you sleep better at night to tell yourself the baby is nothing but as usual you are wrong:
    Watched the video. I admit I skipped through the first couple parts - I know how pregnancy and abortion work already, thanks. So, I got to the abortion part.

    Wasn't terribly bothered by it because if you watch, the fetus is actually not moving. The uterus is moving. Although I did notice there was something strange about the timing. Going to your second link answered why that was.

    The Wiki link YOU provided:

    Many members of the medical community were critical of the film, describing it as misleading and deceptive. Richard Berkowitz, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, described the film as "factually misleading and unfair".
    John Hobbins of the Yale School of Medicine called the film's use of special effects deceptive, a form of "technical flimflam." He pointed out that the film of the ultrasound is initially run at slow speed, but that it is sped up when surgical instruments are introduced to give the impression that "the fetus is thrashing about in alarm.
    Fetal development experts argued that, contrary to Nathanson's assertion in the film, a fetus cannot perceive danger or make purposeful movements. David Bodian, a neurobiologist at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, stated that doctors had no evidence that a twelve-week-old fetus could feel pain, but noted the possibility of a reflex movement by a fetus in response to external stimuli such as surgical instruments.
    The size of the ultrasound image and of the fetus model used was also misleading, appearing to show a fetus the size of a full-term baby, while in actuality a twelve-week-old fetus is under two inches long.
    The images at the end of the video are also misleading. Those fetuses were not the result of abortion. They were probably the result of stillbirth. The reason being, a fetus that size would never be removed whole like that. As a matter of fact, a fetus that size would almost never be aborted at all, except in cases of fetal demise or imminent danger to the woman. A couple of them do look notably deformed, although again, they were probably stillbirthed, not aborted.

    So basically, this entire video is a piece of propoganda from top to bottom, using deceptive film tricks and dishonest photographs, just as I thought.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 05-11-12 at 09:07 PM.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Watched the video. I admit I skipped through the first couple parts - I know how pregnancy and abortion work already, thanks. So, I got to the abortion part.

    Wasn't terribly bothered by it because if you watch, the fetus is actually not moving. The uterus is moving. Although I did notice there was something strange about the timing. Going to your second link answered why that was.

    The Wiki link YOU provided:









    The images at the end of the video are also misleading. Those fetuses were not the result of abortion. They were probably the result of stillbirth. The reason being, a fetus that size would never be removed whole like that. As a matter of fact, a fetus that size would almost never be aborted at all, except in cases of fetal demise or imminent danger to the woman. A couple of them do look notably deformed, although again, they were probably stillbirthed, not aborted.

    So basically, this entire video is a piece of propoganda from top to bottom, using deceptive film tricks and dishonest photographs, just as I thought.
    you must need new glasses if you did not see the baby trying to avoid the prod in that video..........Take off your bias blinders my far left wing friend..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #147
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,142

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    you must need new glasses if you did not see the baby trying to avoid the prod in that video..........Take off your bias blinders my far left wing friend..........
    No, I watched it a couple times over. It isn't moving. The entire abdomen is moving, and the fetus is staying in precisely the same spot relative to the rest of the body.

    The only time it "moves" is as it's being removed, in which case it is not moving under its own power. Its position is being changed by an outside force.

    Are you going to address the quotes I pulled from your own link, which state that this video is the result of deceptive film editing and flat-out lying?

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Just bringing up the point that its stupid to legalize something or to keep something illegal just because it being illegal might result in the loss of more lives.
    It's even more stupid to try and equate babies to hardened criminals.... just saying.

  9. #149
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    It's even more stupid to try and equate babies to hardened criminals.... just saying.
    Think you may have the analogy crossed there, but to be fair to you, james wasn't entirely clear. I got what he was saying or trying to say.

    Here's the crux: we don't legalize bank robbery just because bank robbers might get shot and killed in the act of bank robbery. In fact, we don't really mind when they do.

  10. #150
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Are you pro life or pro choice

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Pro-choice. Although I believe a fetus is a human baby, that is a matter of personal belief, and I don't believe morality can be legislated.
    Side-note: Technically, a human fetus isn't a human baby, though some non-technical, non-scientific definitions of "baby" do include the fetal stage of life. These are all just terms for stages of life, of course, like toddler or teenager or what have you; but you wouldn't call a toddler a teenager. One contiguous organism from beginning to end. Anyway.




    But just to look at what you said with some scrutiny, I don't understand how you could turn around and be "pro-choice."

    If you "believe" that we are living human beings in the womb, then I have to tell you that it really isn't a question of belief, let alone "personal" ones. That our lifespan begins at conception and that we are human beings from the beginning of that lifespan until its end... both are established scientific fact.

    The sentiments are not mere personal beliefs, they are reality. The only people who object to imposing reality are the disoriented and deluded, and well, they usually need you to do it.



    As far as "legislating morality," I'm just going to take a moment and guess that you want a government and a rule of law that prevents and punishes theft, kidnapping... homicide.

    Now, assuming you want the homicide of a human in the adult stage of life to be prosecuted, how is that not "legislating morality," if prosecuting the homicide of a human in the fetal stage of life is?


    I see no reason to consider one any more moralizing than the other, which is to say that I see neither as moralizing. Both are simply government fulfilling its most basic, most essential role, to uphold the human rights of its citizens.
    Last edited by JayDubya; 05-12-12 at 09:36 AM.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •