View Poll Results: Where would you rather live

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nazi Germany

    25 55.56%
  • Soviet Russia

    20 44.44%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

Thread: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

  1. #11
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,179

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    I went with the Soviet Union. Probably because I've been to Russia, and found a certain charm to it. The hockey is good, too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #12
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Actually, that isn't true. The standard of living was pretty good in Nazi Germany - unless, of course, you happened to be a Jew, or a Gypsy, or Gay, or a member of a union, or a Socialist, or opposed the ruling regime in any way.
    mmm no, no, no, only socialist union bosses hostile to the regime were targeted, no, last one is just Hollywood stuff the secret police stuff is blown out of proportion.

    I'd take the Soviet Union. At least, as history proved, there was a chance for evolution into something better. The exact opposite was true with the Nazis.
    Oh Marxi...Fascism was never really given a chance, except for Spain.





    Barely any of you "oppose the ruling regime" here and now; you're all quite the loyal globalist marching soldier. Try opposing THIS regime, dare ya.
    Last edited by Matt Foley; 05-08-12 at 04:34 PM.

  3. #13
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    I am guessing that the question presumes the same era... Hitler/German vs Stalin/USSR.

    I'd take Germany, primarily because the standard of living was better. Oppression-wise, they were roughly similar, though different methods of governing and enforcing their own brands of totalitarianism.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #14
    Student Cyrillic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Serb in Slovenia
    Last Seen
    06-02-12 @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    187

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    I think USSR was the lesser evil but evil nonetheless.
    Evil to who? I mean Hitler wasn't evil for Germans he was doing them good. Evil and good are such personal things. Murderers are good for themselves.
    It is all point of view.
    Quidquid anglicus dictum sit, altum viditur

  5. #15
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeForSome? View Post
    Where would you rather live, and why?
    Are you assuming their was no war? Both suffered so terribly if you put this into a war context its a bit like asking how a person would more prefer to die.

    If you assume no war, the answer for white non-jews and non-slavs would be Germany. If not white, if jewish or slav (or if gay or handicapped) the answer is the USSR. That seems obvious.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Are you assuming their was no war? Both suffered so terribly if you put this into a war context its a bit like asking how a person would more prefer to die.

    If you assume no war, the answer for white non-jews and non-slavs would be Germany. If not white, if jewish or slav (or if gay or handicapped) the answer is the USSR. That seems obvious.

    That pretty much sums it up.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #17
    Student Cyrillic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Serb in Slovenia
    Last Seen
    06-02-12 @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    187

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Nazi Germany. If I were lucky, I could find a way to sabatoge the German War effort.
    You probably would do that most of Germans who didn't like Hitler left for US after he came to power so if you were against him you would do that. Also let me remind you that only SS and high official knew of Holocaust and that Germans who lived in Germany thought that they are just doing right thing I mean they all new land was won in legitimate ways - open war. That was honestly conquered land.
    Also if you were sabotaging you would be seen as traitor and been sent to prison like most of members of other German parties from 1930s most notable commies.

    Do you sabotage War in Iraq? Many people seen it as invasion for oil - bad thing. Do you sabotage War in Afghanistan? Many people see it as war for drug control - even worse then Iraq. Do you sabotage it?
    Quidquid anglicus dictum sit, altum viditur

  8. #18
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    Depends on if I would want beer or vodka because other than that I really wouldn't want to live in either one if we are talking about Stalin's USSR and Hitler's Germany.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  9. #19
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,046

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeForSome? View Post
    Where would you rather live, and why?
    In reality because what ifs are always biased.

  10. #20
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia?

    I would be killed under any of them other than Gorbachev's government...maybe even then too. I would not be a very popular guy under totalitarianism.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •