My observations tell me that Socialism is never satisfied in a limited capacity and will forever be attempting to grow and spread.
The Free Dictionary defines Socialism as;
"Marxist theory- the first stage in the transition from capitalism to communism, marked by imperfect realizations of collectivist principles"
For this reason, I have always been against all federally funded social programs because I fear what socialism invariably leads to.
For the sake of argument, let's suppose that a compromise was reached that allowed for only three specific taxpayer funded social programs with the elimination of all others.
Which 3 of the 10 programs defined in the poll would you choose???
(1) Universal Healthcare
(2) Education/K-12 + 4 years higher-ed
(3) Emergency & unemployment benefits
(4) Social Security retirement/senior citizens
(5) Disability services/benefits
(6) Veterans services/benefits
(7) Planned Parenthood services
(9) Emergency corporate/economy bailouts
(10) Illegal Alien assistance programs
(programs for american citizens only with the exception of #10)