View Poll Results: Obama's latest ad shows that he is

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • full of it, intentionally.

    7 87.50%
  • ignorant of the facts.

    0 0%
  • right. His ad is factually correct. No really.

    1 12.50%
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

  1. #1
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

    In Obama's first campaign ad of 2012, he makes some sketchy claims.

    He claims that he created 4.2 million jobs. However if you look at net job growth he actually lost 2.5 million. That's a 6.7 million spread between his claim and the truth. Kinda a big deal. In fact, Bush netted 1 million jobs. That is 3.5 million more jobs than Obama actually created.

    Obama claims he brought the troops home from Iraq. But considering he mixed an Iraq drawdown with a 30,000 troop surge in Afghanistan, I think it would be more accurate for him to say he brought our troops to Afghanistan, not home. In fact, Obama planned on keeping 3,000-5,000 troops in Iraq, but couldn't negotiate a simple immunity deal. So when Obama says he brought our troops home from Iraq, what he actually means is he couldn't keep Iraq from kicking our troops out of Iraq, so he sent them to Afghanistan.

    Obama says he has revitalized Detroit, but doesn't mention that much of the growth of the auto industry is from Ford who avoided taking bailout cash and Chrysler who Obama stole from bondholders and sold to Italy. So if his idea of economic turnaround is seizing companies and selling them at a discount to overseas companies, I hope he doesn't do me any favors.

    So here is the question. Is Obama just plain full of it? Does he think people aren't going to fact check his ads? Or does he actually believe this?
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  2. #2
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-06-13 @ 02:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

    Yes it's bull, but not to the extent you think probably. It's just that the figures represent different jobs, so both can be taken into account, only the ad leaves out the job loss. Who knows how many of that 4 million are long term, or well paying. I'm sure it includes temp work, mcdonalds etc. That's why the economy still sucks. Why even bring Bush into it though? Clinton had estimated 22.7 million job growth. None of that is relevant to Obama's ad. It's so obvious in all of those data that the politicians won't factor in job loss. So yes, it's all bull.

    I don't like that other crap either, and as someone who has been to Detroit in the past year, i can guarantee it isn't revitalized and never will be. It's a completely lost cause.

  3. #3
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolv67 View Post
    Why even bring Bush into it though?
    Because Obama still needs Bush to blame for all of Obama's own failures.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

    Pretty much all political ads are a load of bull
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    So here is the question. Is Obama just plain full of it?
    For the most part, yes.

    Which makes him like 99.9% of all politicians.

    Almost every political add looks at the information that is available in the most positive and happy light as possible. This isn't an "Obama" thing, it's how politics works. Outside of the fact it's yet another example of how the man that campaigned to "Change politics as usual" is just the "Usual Politics", there's really nothing of note here or to be bothered by. It's good to fact check it, as it's good to fact check any of these, but I don't see it any more necessary to get up in arms about than any other political ad.

  6. #6
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    For the most part, yes.

    Which makes him like 99.9% of all politicians.

    Almost every political add looks at the information that is available in the most positive and happy light as possible. This isn't an "Obama" thing, it's how politics works. Outside of the fact it's yet another example of how the man that campaigned to "Change politics as usual" is just the "Usual Politics", there's really nothing of note here or to be bothered by. It's good to fact check it, as it's good to fact check any of these, but I don't see it any more necessary to get up in arms about than any other political ad.
    Basically this. He's running for re-election, so anything he says is going to be framed in the best possible light. What it really tells me is that his political people are really good. The true believers think he's "different" and "changing" things, but it's SSDD.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #7
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Is Obama's ad a load of bull?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    \...
    Obama says he has revitalized Detroit, but doesn't mention that much of the growth of the auto industry is from Ford who avoided taking bailout cash and Chrysler who Obama stole from bondholders and sold to Italy. So if his idea of economic turnaround is seizing companies and selling them at a discount to overseas companies, I hope he doesn't do me any favors.

    So here is the question. Is Obama just plain full of it? Does he think people aren't going to fact check his ads? Or does he actually believe this?
    Your post is full of partial facts and inaccuracies you haven't fact checked with any depth, e.g. Ford was rescued also. Why do you leave this out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •