View Poll Results: Support a constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    12 29.27%
  • No

    29 70.73%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 113

Thread: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

  1. #71
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    The idiots who were discriminating created a problem that the government stepped in to solve. Without problems created by idiots there would be fewer regulations. Recent example: idiots text and talk on cell phones while driving, traffic injuries and fatalities rise. Result: government creates new laws banning texting while driving and limiting other cell phone use while driving.
    Well, hold on Mo. Not to get off topic but the idiots of the old south, while they did create a problem, did so as a political reaction that dates back to abuses of the prior century. There were a lot of unresolved problems from reconstruction which unfortunately led to a race war, it doesn't excuse the unfair Jim Crowe and other race based statutes, but both north and south had blood on their hands on the race issue. I don't want to get off topic, just my 2 cents.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    The idiots who were discriminating created a problem that the government stepped in to solve.
    Oh so you are claiming they cared about this problem and that this problem was solved without violating the rights of other people in the process. You also appear to be claiming that discrimination from lets say shopping at a store is a violation of someones rights. You seem to believe in many things you are told.


    Without problems created by idiots there would be fewer regulations. Recent example: idiots text and talk on cell phones while driving, traffic injuries and fatalities rise. Result: government creates new laws banning texting while driving and limiting other cell phone use while driving.
    Oh so all texting while driving causing someone to get in an accident and kill someone. Are you saying they didn't violate rights of people by passing laws against texting while driving?

    You know the more you talk of regulation the more you walk into where I want. Keep going though.
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-08-12 at 03:04 AM.

  3. #73
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Your premise seems to be faulty. What makes you think any of those things are constitutional?
    That's the thing I cannot understand, the stance of "well, we've infringed other rights, let's just infringe on one I don't respect as well". The other thing most people fail to understand about the limits of certain rights is that the limits are on abuse, not exercise.

    For instance: Speech - If it offends it is most likely protected, if it provably harms it is not(incitement to violence, fighting words, libel, slander, defamation); Commerce - That which is not in conflict of a good faith agreement should be protected(fraud, negligence, and bad faith dealings are not); gun rights - Owning a weapon harms no one, negligent or malicious use do.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #74
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Oh so you are claiming they cared about this problem and that this problem was solved without violating the rights of other people in the process. You also appear to be claiming that discrimination from lets say shopping at a store is a violation of someones rights. You seem to believe in many things you are told.

    Oh so all texting while driving causing someone to get in an accident and kill someone. Are you saying they didn't violate rights of people by passing laws against texting while driving?

    You know the more you talk of regulation the more you walk into where I want. Keep going though.
    I am aware that many Libertarians think all laws are a form of punishment. I will not argue the obvious disadvantages of anarchy with you.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #75
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Without problems created by idiots there would be fewer laws and regulations.
    this is sadly a misreading. Without incentive structures that reward government bureaucrats and congress critters for creating but not removing laws and regulations, there would be fewer laws and regulations.

  6. #76
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Well, hold on Mo. Not to get off topic but the idiots of the old south, while they did create a problem, did so as a political reaction that dates back to abuses of the prior century. There were a lot of unresolved problems from reconstruction which unfortunately led to a race war, it doesn't excuse the unfair Jim Crowe and other race based statutes, but both north and south had blood on their hands on the race issue. I don't want to get off topic, just my 2 cents.
    I'm aware of where some of the problems arose but I was also making a general statement. The government doesn't typically step in unless there is a big problem. Regardless of popular belief, politicians are generally lazy, uncompromising bastards so if they agree on something enough to pass and enforce it there's usually a problem or pressure from the public to do so.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I am aware that many Libertarians think all laws are a form of punishment. I will not argue the obvious disadvantages of anarchy with you.
    I'm a minarchist Surveyor.

  8. #78
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    this is sadly a misreading. Without incentive structures that reward government bureaucrats and congress critters for creating but not removing laws and regulations, there would be fewer laws and regulations.
    And what do you think those "incentive structures" are?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  9. #79
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I'm aware of where some of the problems arose but I was also making a general statement. The government doesn't typically step in unless there is a big problem. Regardless of popular belief, politicians are generally lazy, uncompromising bastards so if they agree on something enough to pass and enforce it there's usually a problem or pressure from the public to do so.
    You cannot tell me that "big problems" exist so much that individuals cannot handle it better and more immediately than some elected representative from a state thousands of miles away. There is no way there are that many serious problems.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #80
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: constitutional amendment guaranteeing full auto assault weapon ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You cannot tell me that "big problems" exist so much that individuals cannot handle it better and more immediately than some elected representative from a state thousands of miles away. There is no way there are that many serious problems.
    Think about the government problems you have now then look up how those laws and agencies came about in the first place.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •