View Poll Results: Pro-Lifers: what else do you support?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Against the death penalty.

    12 63.16%
  • Against wars other than wars of pure self-defense.

    13 68.42%
  • Support government helping the weakest amoung us with food, housing, & healthcare.

    11 57.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Pro-Lifers poll

  1. #31
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Did I say Nam was justified? I believe I said WW2. My point on Nam was if you enter the war win it........58,000 men died for nothing including a couple of my best friends........
    Yup, would have been better to stay out of that war.

    Your point, BTW, was "For Wars that are justified like WW2 and if we enter a war win it.....Don't cut and run like the left wanted to do in Nam.". Thus this doesn't cover Nam because it was not justified. According to your statement in order to not cut and run, a war must satisfy 2 requirements. It must be justified (like WW II) AND we must enter a war to win it. Which of course suggests that war can be entered into when it is not justified or when we are not intending to win it.

    As such, Vietnam does not meet your requirements for not cutting and running as it wasn't a justified war (and one can argue that with all the hamstringing we did to our own military, we were not intending to win it either) and thus cut and run is acceptable.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Are there many pro-lifers in favor of state intervention for smoking pregnant ladies? I've not really heard that...

    Though yes...I have heard people before being in favor of child services potentially being called during the height of the "Second hand smoke" freak out.



    See above, though I note you only ask smoking in case one but add drinking here. I would imagine if one drank enough to concievably significantly harm and potentially kill the baby that people would have issues with it (if that's even possible)...but I imagine the same would be true if you were forcing your 8 year old to beer-bong Jack Daniels until they get alcohol poisoning.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yup, would have been better to stay out of that war.

    Your point, BTW, was "For Wars that are justified like WW2 and if we enter a war win it.....Don't cut and run like the left wanted to do in Nam.". Thus this doesn't cover Nam because it was not justified. According to your statement in order to not cut and run, a war must satisfy 2 requirements. It must be justified (like WW II) AND we must enter a war to win it. Which of course suggests that war can be entered into when it is not justified or when we are not intending to win it.

    As such, Vietnam does not meet your requirements for not cutting and running as it wasn't a justified war (and one can argue that with all the hamstringing we did to our own military, we were not intending to win it either) and thus cut and run is acceptable.
    Domino theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Vietnam was a victory. It saved Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, and India.

    Nixon visiting China at the end and taking us off the gold standard was a defeat.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    1. For the death penalty.....These people commit horrific crimes against society and deserve to die....
    ever heard of the Innocence Project?

    Innocence Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Very simply question for Pro-Lifers:

    are you also against the death penalty, wars other than wars of pure self-defense, and do you support the government using all of its resources to help the weakest amoung us?
    Pro-Lifers poll-sixth-time-we-have-created-thread-jpg

    Support, support, oppose.

  6. #36
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    -I am very against the death penalty and I believe any pro-lifer who isn't is a hypocrite.
    -I have had to fight in 2 unprovoked conflicts/wars (Montenegro, Iraq) and one that was provoked but has gone on too long (Afghanistan), nuff said.
    -I have a little trouble with this one. I believe our entitlement programs need to be reformed in a severe way. However, I do not believe we can leave people to bleed out in a ditch either. To keep the response short, I won't get into it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #37
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    -I am very against the death penalty and I believe any pro-lifer who isn't is a hypocrite.
    -I have had to fight in 2 unprovoked conflicts/wars (Montenegro, Iraq) and one that was provoked but has gone on too long (Afghanistan), nuff said.
    -I have a little trouble with this one. I believe our entitlement programs need to be reformed in a severe way. However, I do not believe we can leave people to bleed out in a ditch either. To keep the response short, I won't get into it.
    heh...wow..I agree with everything you said...except Im prolife for the narrowest of reasons...I have to be prolife in good conscience because one of my daughters got pregnant young and I was part of her having one...so I cant justifiably say im against any one else doing the same thing.
    I am basically against the death penalty...I do believe there are a few..very few humans that are not worth salvaging...JeffreyDahmers..the Bundies....I like your last sentence the best and that SUMS my feelings up precisely

    We need entitlement reform...we need to cut spending...WE dont need more tax cuts and we cant let people suffer that cant take care of themselves....what a delemna huh

  8. #38
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    heh...wow..I agree with everything you said...except Im prolife for the narrowest of reasons...I have to be prolife in good conscience because one of my daughters got pregnant young and I was part of her having one...so I cant justifiably say im against any one else doing the same thing.
    I am basically against the death penalty...I do believe there are a few..very few humans that are not worth salvaging...JeffreyDahmers..the Bundies....I like your last sentence the best and that SUMS my feelings up precisely

    We need entitlement reform...we need to cut spending...WE dont need more tax cuts and we cant let people suffer that cant take care of themselves....what a delemna huh
    I don't believe we, as human beings, have a right to kill ANYONE. I know most don't agree with that though.
    Cutting spending is obviously what we need to do. It wouldn't be hard if politicians would stop pandering to every interest group known to man. Whether it's shrimp running on a tread mill or Pakistani Sesame Street, these are the programs that kill our country. It's like I tell my Marines. Don't think about the action you're about to commit in terms of just you. Think if everyone did what you are doing. Example: If one Marine steals a pack of cigarettes from an Afghani home he's searching, it's no big deal. But what if every Marine in his squad or platoon did it. Then you'd have the village revolt against them. If one politician funds a stupid pet project, it's no big deal. But when you have 100 Senators and 435 Reps all looking for money for a pet project, now you're asking for trouble.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #39
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Thunder, if NP is the Stan Smith of DP you are the Haley.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Pro-Lifers poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    why didn't you vote?

    Is he even a pro-lifer?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •