View Poll Results: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, no doubt

    19 31.67%
  • Kind of

    17 28.33%
  • I don't know

    0 0%
  • Not really

    17 28.33%
  • No, not at all

    6 10.00%
  • I don't care

    1 1.67%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 194

Thread: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

  1. #101
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Economic Freedom Index:




    but you do have more constrained freedom of speech.
    That just indicates whining and it proves my point...If you percieve your free you are....Tell ME where not more free than anyone on that list cpwill

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Henrin get it right...you dont want to continue this because your wrong and you dont have a leg to stand on...lol...but thats ok you can blame me lol
    I got it right. You believe freedom=ability. There is no doubt about that now.

  3. #103
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I got it right. You believe freedom=ability. There is no doubt about that now.
    ROFL...and you believe you can read anything you want into what someone says to feel "RIGHT" be my guest henrin be "RIGHT"

  4. #104
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Relative to some countries out there, we still enjoy quite a bit of freedom. But as much as we used to? No.
    We are become fat, both in our bodies and in our minds. We want others to take care of us, we demand others take care of us we are entitled to others taking care of us. Increasingly we would trade our freedom for pretty baubles and gifts from the State.

    What freedom we have now is from momentum. The course we are headed on is not conducive to it.

  5. #105
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Henrin...go to arlington and just look at the sea of freedom....YOUR FREEDOM...

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Thats why there has to be leaders to WRITE laws restricting what one person can do to another...that is not restricting their freedom...its assuring FREEDOM FOR ALL...the weak included...
    Do we do that? Yes or no?

    Do think you accurately defended freedom in the "Should an employer be legally required to have a reason to fire an employee?" thread? Yes or no?

  7. #107
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,341
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wow, your family is worth that much over 80 million? I am impressed
    Yep.

    However for me, I don't use any of it.

    I got a free ride through school but now I live out of my own pocket. Working the night shift at a hotel.

    So I feel like I've gained the perspective through both sides of that coin.

    And how is that bitching-I am merely noting the position of several so called left wing libertarians who say someone who cannot earn their own food and shelter is not free.
    Look dude, I have alot of respect for you.

    And I can see where you're coming from most of the time.

    I just think you take it a little too far, a little too often.

    Referring to people on welfare as parasites and all that.

    For me, when I get my dues (if I get my dues mind you), I won't mind paying that higher tax rate, because it's the only way it's ever going to work but at the same time I despise those who have to call us names while we're there forking over more money then anyone else.

    Are there those who abuse welfare? Yes.

    And if it were up to me, anyone doing it would have their fat ass dragged outta bed and put on a farm to work, but the fact is, is I still support a social safety net and Universal Health Care, not because I'm a socialist. Not because I enjoy paying a higher tax rate, but because they work, and life is unpredictable, and if one day I was down on my luck and everything was gone... well you get the picture.

    I just see you say it often and I couldn't hold my toungue this time.

  8. #108
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    That just indicates whining and it proves my point...If you percieve your free you are....Tell ME where not more free than anyone on that list cpwill
    care to guess how many pages are on the Federal Register?

  9. #109
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Do we do that? Yes or no?

    Do think you accurately defended freedom in the "Should an employer be legally required to have a reason to fire an employee?" thread? Yes or no?
    Were in this thread henrin...not the employer thread...but I will answer you...Freedom is not having an employer because he has wealth or power over you...having the ability to do WHATEVER HE WANTS WITH YOU...like your a piece of meat....thats china freedom...not american

  10. #110
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,063

    Re: Is the U.S. still "the land of the free"?

    that interferes is good but some will claim if you are rich or successful you are interfering in their ability to be financially better. Some clowns claim if you own a gun you are interfering with their right to be safe. If you are involved in a gay marriage, you are interfering with the sanctity of their marriage

    in other words, some people have rather idiotic and subjective views of freedom
    Yes some peoples views are bizzare, but if you look at each case then you can decide. Does owning a gun take away anothers rights? Nope. The use of the gun could take away rights, it could also defend them, depends on its use. Should mentally unstable or people with violent criminal histories be allowed guns? Here is a bit of grey spot, I would say yes because the likelyhood that they will use the gun to deny anothers rights is too large and the difference in what is taken away is huge, Ie one guy can't have a gun but another person could lose their life. Does someone being rich deny someone else of wealth? Depends on how they got their wealth, Robbing a bank? Yup. Inventing something everyone wants? Nope. Gay marriage, can't even think of a scenario where this could deny another of their rights/freedoms.
    Lots of people confuse being insulted or not getting something as being denied their rights/freedoms. All I can say is nope, someone insults you they are not taking away your freedom they are just being a jerk.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •