View Poll Results: Would you (gladly) live in a predomantly African-American neighborhood?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    20 44.44%
  • No.

    23 51.11%
  • I would say no, but am afraid of being called a racist.

    1 2.22%
  • I am a hypocrite and will say yes even though i mean no.

    1 2.22%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 123

Thread: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

  1. #31
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    An article about Zimmerman jarred me into posting this poll. The question is simple. Would you live in a neighborhood which is predominantly African-American?
    I've lived in both, but in reality it doesn't come down to race for me. I simply want to live in an upstanding, safe, community of citizens. It is however a sad statistical fact that the more predominantly african-american neighborhoods generally have higher crime rates. Without being racist, and given that fact, I would generally say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    My choices of where I will reside rely upon safety, simply modern architecture, the space itself, access to city and access to nature trails to hike, no crime, friendly and wholesome neighbors, minimal noise, city services (police, sewer etc), no use of pesticides or poisons, water has to be pure to name a few of my criteria.

    I really do not think race would ever be an issue if this neighborhood consisted of a different race.

    Realistically because what I am describing is difficult to find and black people are more slowly moving up the socio economic scale then most neighborhoods like the one I am describing are not a single race.

    I live in a region that is predominantly cracker white.

    In fact any race that shared my values and desire for community would be welcome neighbors for me.
    Last edited by Turin; 04-27-12 at 06:39 PM.

  3. #33
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Crime rate is a major factor to many people. Dominant race of an area is a minor consideration for some, and a major consideration for very, very few people.


    I disagree. People like to be around thier own. Lodi,nj is heavily italian, pearl river ny is about 90 percent irish...nothing wrong with that, just what people are comfortable with.

    I was rasied in very multicutural, ethnic, whatever neighborhoods and didnt discover this until i went into the usaf.... I was urban street smart, but blind to how the rest of the world was at the time. I still am instinctually.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #34
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Sure, why not?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  5. #35
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Yeah, whenever I went to NYC's Chinatown it was almost hit and miss because I didn't know where to go. The same thing in Boston when I first moved there. But San Fran, I don't think I ever made a bad decision on where to eat. The problem was when walking into a place that only spoke Chinese.


    Are you kidding? When i walked into a place that only spoke chinese i was psyched!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #36
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492
    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    I would not subject my family to the risk...to deny this increased violence is rather stupid. Reality dictates, I am not safe there, nor are my loved ones (being caucasian)...bit though I see this reality, I can see others.

    I may not be a bigot...but I am far from stupid.


    I never really thought about it. We bought a house in englewood, nj that was in a predominetly african american area, it was a lovely neighborhood, and thats what i look for, where we live bow, the neighbors are mostly white, though everyone had ten acres so i am mostly speculating....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    A hot, single, young male neighbor who will mow my lawn shirtless is what I look for.... :P
    Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?-aseeapedo-jpg
    12343567890
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I would, but there aren't any around here that aren't in terribly unsafe areas. With that said my best neighbors are the black family across the street.

    There are also many predominantly white neighborhoods around here (trailer parks lol) that I wouldn't move into for the same reasons.

    That, pretty much.

    My state is, IIRC, somewhere around 30% African-American. We have lots of large black neighborhoods. I've spent a LOT of time in them, mostly working, for various reasons.

    I know some all-black neighborhoods that are nice places and probably pretty safe.... but all too many are beset by poverty, crime and drugs.

    I wouldn't want to live in an area with crime problems, regardless of what the predominant race was.


    I probably wouldn't choose to live in a nice predominately black neighborhood anyway.... because I know, for a fact, some of those neighborhoods do not WANT white people moving in and aren't bashful about making that crystal clear and plain. Buying into potential trouble around home just seems like a bad idea.

    Sorry if that sounds racist but facts are facts.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #39
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Are you kidding? When i walked into a place that only spoke chinese i was psyched!
    Oh I was excited just the first few times it was hard ordering with the language barrier. Once I learned a decent amount of Chinese to order, they are beyond my favorite places.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  10. #40
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    An article about Zimmerman jarred me into posting this poll. The question is simple. Would you live in a neighborhood which is predominantly African-American?
    The side of town I live in is considered the black side of town and I have practically lived the majority of my life on this side of town. So I would have no problem living in a mostly black neighborhood. Now I would avoid trying to live in a neighborhood that had mostly single mothers and parents with teenagers regardless of the resident color of skin.Teenagers have a tendency to do mischief and single mothers means that while the parent is away at work the kids are up to no good.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •