View Poll Results: Would you (gladly) live in a predomantly African-American neighborhood?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    20 44.44%
  • No.

    23 51.11%
  • I would say no, but am afraid of being called a racist.

    1 2.22%
  • I am a hypocrite and will say yes even though i mean no.

    1 2.22%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 123

Thread: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    If it's a good home on good property in a good neighborhood then I have no problem living in an area that is predominantly African-American. The racial makeup of my neighbors is never a factor in my consideration of choosing where I want to live.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #102
    User jlynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    04-29-12 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    I would not live in a predominantly African-American neighborhood at this point in my life because I do not want to live in a neighborhood. That doesn't mean that I haven't lived in primary black neighborhoods (I have) or that the reason I don't want to go back to that is because I am racist. But I am sure many people would think that if I said "no" without qualifying my opinion.

  3. #103
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Sheesh, will anybody try to answer the question. I realize it is a loaded question as "Have you quit beating your wife yet?". Still, that's the point. Saying yes is almost certainly an unadulterated form of hypocrisy and hypocrisy is the point.
    Who gives a **** if it's white or black? Why should it even matter? What matters to me is what kinda black neighborhood it is. Is it in the projects? Or the hood? Then no! Is it in the suburbs? Then probably yes.

    You think you're asking a loaded gotcha question, but in actuality it's just dumb.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #104
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    no.. but not necessarily because its predominantly black..
    i just dont like living in neighborhoods period.. nosey people, someone bitching about your dog or cat, music too loud, too many vehicles, etc.. neighborhoods are not for me..

  5. #105
    Guru
    Paralogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    09-27-17 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Racism is still alive and well.
    1 3 4 6 8 10 11

  6. #106
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Official? No, not officially, that was made illegal at the fed and state levels. But don't kid yourself into thinking that informal segregation, an extension of discrimination, has disappeared from US culture just because it is not legal to do so any longer.

    Minorities do group together for protection and a sense of security, don't shut yourself out from finding out why.
    You explain to me why you think that "unofficially" we have segregation going on in this country, and I'll explain to you why you're wrong.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #107
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    I'll live in any neighborhood that doesn't have an HOA. Which actually does provide more racially diverse places to live. As far as finding any neighborhood that is 'all black' as I believe that the OP is thinking when using the term 'predominately', those places would be hard to find now-a-days. And, I would live there too.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You explain to me why you think that "unofficially" we have segregation going on in this country, and I'll explain to you why you're wrong.
    There are a multitude of reasons why it still exists, and from your previous discussions on black "enslavement by welfare", I know where you come from on these discussions. There is little point in showing you that once again, these problems are a combination of socio-economic and discrimination issues that you refuse to accept even when I present studies and data directly to you. But I'll keep trying to show you, in spite of your entrenchment.

    Some light reading, maybe you will actually look at this, this time...

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/us...pagewanted=all
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Would You Live in a Neighborhood which is Predominantly African-American?

    Thanks for your input. The results pretty much indicate what I suspected. Some obviously felt that the question was racist in itself and indicated that the results could only be accounted for by racism. Most would not willingly live in a predominantly black area and, with a few possible exceptions, the rest are lying. The oft-repeated "crime-not-demographics" bit was just as predictable and a decidedly thin platitude.

  10. #110
    Educator Paratrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Al
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    888
    I think many people associate predominantly black neighborhoods with ghettos (especially in the South Eastern states). That's not to say they all are ( since I live in a nice predominantly black neighborhood) its just many people's perception.

    I don't think many people would have a problem living in a neighborhood with Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, Tyler Perry etc as neighbors.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •