View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 53.33%
  • No

    56 46.67%
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 413

Thread: Do you believe in God?[W:359]

  1. #41
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Yep, and have not ever doubted his existence.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  2. #42
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,562

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Most people do, what about you?
    I was raised as a christian, but as of now I would file myself as agnostic. I find the question of god to be inherently unanswerable. One thing that I certainly do not believe in is organized religion. There is far too much human intervention for any of it to be "divine". If god were to create us all, and make a path where only one religion were correct, and the consequence was our eternal souls, I imagine he would've made the choice and the facts far clearer than they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I was raised as a christian, but as of now I would file myself as agnostic. I find the question of god to be inherently unanswerable. One thing that I certainly do not believe in is organized religion. There is far too much human intervention for any of it to be "divine". If god were to create us all, and make a path where only one religion were correct, and the consequence was our eternal souls, I imagine he would've made the choice and the facts far clearer than they are.
    This is more or less, exactly how I feel about this question.
    Good answer.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #44
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Yep, and have not ever doubted his existence.
    None at all....I am a total believer in Jesus Christ and the Holy Trinity....Like I said its a matter of faith....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #45
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    I personally don't know how I could live if I did not believe in God.......For me to believe there is no soul is unthinkable.......To think that this is all there is after you die is unacceptable..........Like I have said many times there are many people who believed in God as a young person and turned to atheism because of a lack of faith but when push comes to shove on their deathbed they become a believer again.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    None at all....I am a total believer in Jesus Christ and the Holy Trinity....Like I said its a matter of faith....
    you do understand that there are many interpretations of who and what "God" is, yes?

  7. #47
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Christians, Jews and Muslims all believe in the same God.....The question was correct and simple.......Its a yes or a no. It seems there are a lot of people coping out on the question and that is sad....
    I figure that if there indeed is a God, it knows no religious boundaries, and is the same one regardless of belief systems.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I personally don't know how I could live if I did not believe in God.......For me to believe there is no soul is unthinkable.......To think that this is all there is after you die is unacceptable....
    I do not believe in a personal God.

    I do not believe in the afterlife, in any form.

    And yet, I love being alive, and try to make every moment of it count.

    I am totally fine knowing this is the only life I get, and its for this reason that I work hard to make it count.

  9. #49
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,562

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I personally don't know how I could live if I did not believe in God.......For me to believe there is no soul is unthinkable.......To think that this is all there is after you die is unacceptable..........Like I have said many times there are many people who believed in God as a young person and turned to atheism because of a lack of faith but when push comes to shove on their deathbed they become a believer again.
    I have to admit, it was extremely hard for me to let go. It took a long time for me to come to terms with it. But after it all settled, I felt at peace. Every breath, every smell, every taste, all of it is special, it gives life more meaning, because life is the only thing that has meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I have to admit, it was extremely hard for me to let go. It took a long time for me to come to terms with it. But after it all settled, I felt at peace. Every breath, every smell, every taste, all of it is special, it gives life more meaning, because life is the only thing that has meaning.
    I don't know but I do believe that you believe in God.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •