View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 53.33%
  • No

    56 46.67%
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 413

Thread: Do you believe in God?[W:359]

  1. #311
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    He said some stuff while under the influence of some really good drugs:
    Wow Redress, to say something like that.....I am glad I am not standing close to you.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #312
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Why would I burn in hell? Because I don believe you? Seriously I have doubts that a god that requires people to believe that it exists if not they they will suffer for eternity (or at least until that part where they die) Is a good god. Sounds a bit vain to me.
    Whatever, its a free country, believe what you like but like I said if I am wrong no harm no foul..........If you are wrong, stand by for heavy rolls to port...........Redress although a EX sailor will not understand that because bird farms roll nothing like a combatant.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #313
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wow Redress, to say something like that.....I am glad I am not standing close to you.....
    Just for you,. I am holding up a metal rod.












    Nope, no lightning.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why? If there is a god and all you got to do to make him happy is when you are dying say "oops, sorry for all the ****ty things I did, but I beleive in you now", I want nothing to do with him and I sure as hell don't want to go to his heaven.
    You can say anything now......your young, death to you looks far away............Remember what someone said though and I parphrase "Death comes like a thief in the night."
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #315
    Advisor Teh Internets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    351

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Nope.
    10char

  6. #316
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can say anything now......your young, death to you looks far away............Remember what someone said though and I parphrase "Death comes like a thief in the night."
    Oddly, my sense of ethics is pretty consistant. I don't justify stealing because I need the money. Why would I justify pledging myself to an asshole just because I was dying?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #317
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    "Death comes like a thief in the night."
    Well thank god for the second Amendment than... I'll just shoot him.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can say anything now......your young, death to you looks far away............Remember what someone said though and I parphrase "Death comes like a thief in the night."
    I'm not young and I'm not afraid of death. If I died tomorrow, I have no worries not believing in a god. I'll go to my grave rationally.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #319
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Whatever, its a free country, believe what you like but like I said if I am wrong no harm no foul..........If you are wrong, stand by for heavy rolls to port...........Redress although a EX sailor will not understand that because bird farms roll nothing like a combatant.
    You could be wrong in a different way though NP. What if there is a God but it isn't the God described in the Bible? What if this God wanted you to be openminded and allow people to live and let live? What if the only sin was not "doing unto others as you would have them do unto you"? What if one of the major rules that a person could break is to try to know what God wants, as in following a major religion without being open-minded that others can believe how they want to?

    And breaking these rules is what causes punishment?

    Or maybe we all move on to new lives (reincarnation) in order for our soul to grow. What if people who are not willing to live and let live take longer to grow and many more lifetimes? What if they are stuck in some sort of limbo until who knows when?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #320
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Do you believe in God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wow Redress, to say something like that.....I am glad I am not standing close to you.....
    Since when has god ever struck anyone down for denouncing him? Men have done the vilest of things and walked away perfectly fine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Whatever, its a free country, believe what you like but like I said if I am wrong no harm no foul..........If you are wrong, stand by for heavy rolls to port...........Redress although a EX sailor will not understand that because bird farms roll nothing like a combatant.
    I like how christians often use pascal's wager as their final hail-mary against unbelievers. "Believe it because you have nothing to lose" does not in any way testify to the truth of the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •