View Poll Results: Should Jose Manuel Godinez-Samperio be allowed to become a US lawyer?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's met the academic requirements. Now he can work on his immigration status.

    10 27.03%
  • No. Despite his impressive achievements, he's illegal and should be deported.

    21 56.76%
  • Other (explain)

    6 16.22%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,900

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    How can a scofflaw be admitted to the bar?

  2. #32
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    (Can anybody tell me why when I click on the "4" votes for option number one in the poll it only shows the names of three people who voted for option number one, not four names?)
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    On the one hand a 9 year old kid brought across the border by his parents did nothing wrong himself.

    On the other hand if you say any kid snuk across the border by his parents becomes a US citizen, Mexicans would come and bring their kids for that very reason.

    The only way to not have this dilemma is to secure damn border.

  4. #34
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,597
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    (Can anybody tell me why when I click on the "4" votes for option number one in the poll it only shows the names of three people who voted for option number one, not four names?)
    Yes. Guests are allowed to participate in the Polls section of DP. When you see about 100 votes, and only a handful of names, you see guest votes (they can vote over and over and over). That's why it's a good idea to make all polls so DP members are named.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    There's an article about this here:
    U.S. News - Can an illegal immigrant become a lawyer?

    In short, this man, Jose Manuel Godinez-Samperio, came to the US from Mexico when he was 9. He graduated high school, college, and law school, and he's passed his state bar. Now he's having trouble becoming a lawyer because of his immigration status. For more details, read the article. Vote on whether you think he should be allowed to become a lawyer in the US.
    Why are we even having this discussion? Do we no longer respect the laws of this country?

  6. #36
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Why are we even having this discussion? Do we no longer respect the laws of this country?
    We're having this discussion because it's a legitimate question.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    We're having this discussion because it's a legitimate question.
    Because we no longer support the laws of this country?

  8. #38
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Yes. Guests are allowed to participate in the Polls section of DP. When you see about 100 votes, and only a handful of names, you see guest votes (they can vote over and over and over). That's why it's a good idea to make all polls so DP members are named.
    Thanks so much -- now I know.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  9. #39
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Because we no longer support the laws of this country?
    We're talking about what the laws should be.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Should this illegal immigrant be allowed to become a lawyer?

    The laws are being ignored even by the CIC.
    I worked all my life. I made sure my kid attended school and had a decent lunch while studying but I could not afford college and he didn't want to go anyway. I have paid taxes and at one time, the IRS agent I went to for assistance told me he didn't care if I died or my family died tomorrow...they wanted what was due them. (I had to make a payment plan). I have never asked for or received foodstamps or government assistance. I have suffered from lack of medical care. And I am a citizen of the United States Of America.
    So why does some person that sneaks across the border, pays nothing, takes all they can, get free medical help, schooling, lunches have it better than I ever did even though I paid into the system?

    No second chance. No assistance to become citizens. Send them back across the damn border and make them do what OUR ancestors did.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •